Checking nation on an iPhone 3G

Melidan

I'am about to buy an iPhone and would like to be able to check my nation on it. However, im unsure if its possible to cross paths with someone on the 3G network and accidentally get my nation deleted? I have heard a few people saying they check their nations on the iPhone, but I wanted to ask those in the know.. Thank you for your time!

I'am about to buy an iPhone and would like to be able to check my nation on it. However, im unsure if its possible to cross paths with someone on the 3G network and accidentally get my nation deleted? I have heard a few people saying they check their nations on the iPhone, but I wanted to ask those in the know.. Thank you for your time!

Of course it's possible to come in the same network as somebody else. But as always, it's highly unlikely. And even then, you probably wouldn't keep using the same network as the user so you would end up being just prohibited from interacting with the user. But you wouldn't even who the user was anyway, and you'd probably never even interact with them anyway so it wouldn't make a difference at all.

tl;dr You're fine/

I think it may be possible to manually assign a static IP address to the iPhone. I don't know a lot about it. This link may help.

http://www.hsnetwork.org/pdf_files/How_to_..._Ipod_Touch.pdf

Well, static IP's are ones that don't change, right? I can never remember......

If that is correct and this is possible I think you should absolutely be fine.

Yes but;

AT&T does not give out static IP's via EDGE/3G.

Interesting... I guess there is more to learn. I could ask the drones at AT&T, but I bet I would just get a glazed over look and a response of, "You buy phone, yes?" :lol:

I'm going to assume that I should have no trouble.. If I do, i'll come looking for each of you! Thanks for the discussion guys.

I fought the entire first two nights of Vietfan2.0 on my iPhone and I am still here so I think you will be OK :P

Yes, but were you on a WiFi network, or AT&T's EDGE?

The question here isn't that if CN.net works on the iPhone, it does. The question is if due to the way that AT&T does NAT with it's 3G web connection, will he get banned for sharing an IP.

I played CN for a couple months from my phone when a hurricane hit my place. It was just a normal flip phone that I installed Opera Mini on. It was on the Sprint network, if that helps any.

My nation is still here - so if the two situations are related, then I think you'll be fine too. ;)

My work has blocked CN, so I check from my iphone when I check during work hours! I have had no problems, and im in an environment where I dont think too many people are running around with Cells to check their nations... but it depends where you will be getting your wifi from or if you are using the 3G network. I dnt know how either of these would affect getting deleted, but as far as game play, its perfect! the iphone rocks!

Yes, but were you on a WiFi network, or AT&T's EDGE?

The question here isn't that if CN.net works on the iPhone, it does. The question is if due to the way that AT&T does NAT with it's 3G web connection, will he get banned for sharing an IP.

it was on edge, my post wouldn't have been relevant otherwise ;)

You should be fine. Working with the iPhone and the 3G/EDGE networks are fairly up in the air since the lion's share of accounts access from an actual hardline or wireless network linked into a local hardline. I'm not sure about the cell phone towers.