Has the world exploded yet?

Bacharth

The UFE is a power maximizing entity. This war's objectives was too destroy its principle rival in the Eurasian Political order which was Rebel Army. It accomplished the near utter destruction of the rebel army at a relatively low cost in terms of long term industrial capability, and in terms of percentage of population lost versus what others lost. I fail to see how this has been behaving out of character for my regime. It seems to be perfectly in concert with that I've done before CN RP R existed.

Role playing is placing oneself into the role of a state actor, rather than focusing on the enjoyment of others. If you look at it from the perspective of what would my character a by now obviously amoral arch neo-realist's perspective, the opportunity was offered to secure hegemony and he chose to move to take it.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The UFE is a power maximizing entity. This war's objectives was too destroy its principle rival in the Eurasian Political order which was Rebel Army. It accomplished the near utter destruction of the rebel army at a relatively low cost in terms of long term industrial capability, and in terms of percentage of population lost versus what others lost. I fail to see how this has been behaving out of character for my regime. It seems to be perfectly in concert with that I've done before CN RP R existed.

Role playing is placing oneself into the role of a state actor, rather than focusing on the enjoyment of others. If you look at it from the perspective of what would my character a by now obviously amoral arch neo-realist's perspective, the opportunity was offered to secure hegemony and he chose to move to take it.

OOC: Now would be an ideal time to rebuild Europe into something more suitable to your plans, and help your allies who took serious collateral damage. But that is just what I would do in your situation. Helping the world rebuild would be good publicity and it would also strengthen your long-term position.

I still see OOC influences in your attack though, and your attitude of "kick everyone out that disagrees with me" is bad for the RP, even I didn't attempt to do that and I was Uberstein.

Gebiv and Rebel Army formed a rival bloc that I saw IC as a base from which a challenge against UFE hegemony could be challenged. It was in my IC interest to destroy them in character. Your assuming my in character persona is some guy who cares about balance in the RP. Far from it. My in character persona is actively seeking hegemony. Within that context the strike on the Rebel Army makes perfect in character sense.

I had a mutual aggression and defense pact with the Dutch which overrode all other treaties save for Ferrous Pacific, and a mutual aggression pact with the Greater German Empire, who I had a secret strategic cooperation agreement with. It was fairly obvious to anyone who was looking at this from a strategic level rather than from a personal level what this war was about from the start.

Hm, but your 'success' could prove to be 'temporary' in the long-term, as the Rebel Army would eventually recover and become a strong power once again. Although it is 'utterly destroyed', the Rebel Army is still a power to be beckoned, so to say.

Gebiv and Rebel Army formed a rival bloc that I saw IC as a base from which a challenge against UFE hegemony could be challenged. It was in my IC interest to destroy them in character. Your assuming my in character persona is some guy who cares about balance in the RP. Far from it. My in character persona is actively seeking hegemony. Within that context the strike on the Rebel Army makes perfect in character sense.

I had a mutual aggression and defense pact with the Dutch which overrode all other treaties save for Ferrous Pacific, and a mutual aggression pact with the Greater German Empire, who I had a secret strategic cooperation agreement with. It was fairly obvious to anyone who was looking at this from a strategic level rather than from a personal level what this war was about from the start.

How was the bloc between the Rebel Army and Gebiv a challenge to UFE hegemony? If anything else, these two concluded a bloc in the interests of furthering their friendship and interests, nothing more.

Just my two cents. ;)

Edited by JEDCJT

Actually, I assumed your leader would be smart enough to realize that MAD would be activated and that he would lose millions of people, and that it was silly to think that a nation that had only done defensive wars in it's entire history would attack him.

But it seems I miss-understood your leader's train of thought, quite the madman you put in charge.

Edited by BaronUberstein

It's my opinion that the world superpowers have crippled themselves. The Netherlands, Germany, Gebiv, Rebel Army, and the UFE have all lost considerable strength. I don’t think you can claim your prize yet Triyun.

If Gebiv was a superpower, I think you'd have to include half of the world in that...:)

Considering that I'm roughly double the strength, and I'm not really a First-Class nation.