Oldest Alliances still here today

drugsup

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will update the list as soon as i have fixed the leak in my PC (darn watercooling!).

As for the debate on alliances, im only counting alliances that are active within CN politics e.g treaties and declarations/announcements, unless the member of PPF can provide proof of this he will striked off the list. As for alliances that once disbanded such as VE they can remain with their original founding date as they are the same alliance.

The PPF are a rather public alliance. They have posted quite a few threads in the past while (mostly regarding them being tech raided). I would say that if your qualification for being an alliance is that they're active with CN Politics then PPF most certainly counts.

I will update the list as soon as i have fixed the leak in my PC (darn watercooling!).

As for the debate on alliances, im only counting alliances that are active within CN politics e.g treaties and declarations/announcements, unless the member of PPF can provide proof of this he will striked off the list. As for alliances that once disbanded such as VE they can remain with their original founding date as they are the same alliance.

They disbanded for something like 6 months >_>

Again, Does fighting in a war count?

Anyway, PPF was initially founded and recognized as a one man alliance. It has experienced fluctuating member levels since then, but it didn't sudden;y cease to exist every time it dropped to just Opethian and then reform when a new member decided to join. It has an unbroken chain of existence.

Whereas an alliance like GOONS officially had its government disband. It may have some nations flying the AA still, but it's not really GOONS.

I do remember seeing at least one NAAC affiliation during the last war. Some of their members stuck around for over a year after it disbanded.

he's always there.

and if GOONS are still an alliance, then so is NAAC.

GOONS did announce a formal disbanding no?

GOONS did announce a formal disbanding no?

As I remember it, yes. I think some other guys decided to carry on the GOONS, but the alliance did formally disband.

Also I think it's funny how this had turned into another debate over the PPF. It seems rather simple to me really. PPF was considered an alliance before most of the people in this thread knew the game existed. The PPF was an alliance in 2006. The PPF was an alliance in 2007. The PPF was an alliance in 2008. Why wouldn't they be an alliance in 2009? Nothing has changed, save for new people coming in with no appreciation of the alliances and people that made the game interesting before the showed up.

The very definition of 'alliance' is an agreement between two or more parties, so I believe the only reason why the PPF could be considered as one is because of a necessary technicality do to the game mechanics.

Or becuase most alliances recognize PPF as an alliance. Opethian has spent the vast majority of his time in CN ignoring everything that would be considered the normal conventions of how things work. PPF is no different, in that it is completely different from anything else.

This version of the VE was formed on September 17, 2007. So, probably not going to make the list I wouldn't think.

Even if you go by the original founding date, you'd have to take into account the 6 months in which the alliance didn't technically age.