Glorious Aotearoa

LeVentNoir

The Duchess of Northland spoke against the riots today, venturing into the streets with her armed guard to address the concerns of the people. Voicing concern and support for a peaceful Ireland, she gave comfort to those concerned.

*privately*

Liselle: "Lord, what shall our stance be on this revolution? I would propose a two-state agreement, but I will not speak in public until you set the course."

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liselle: "Lord, what shall our stance be on this revolution? I would propose a two-state agreement, but I will not speak in public until you set the course."

We cannot interfere. They may be our brothers, but we are far removed from their politics. I would say we merely watch this, and only promote peace.

With the planned increase in infrastructure spending in the short term, a total revision of the borders of the realm was ordered, and it was found that there were several anarchistic territories on the borders of the Realm, and that the international community at large did not recognize, or not know of. Those to be absorbed included Wallis and Futuna, Tuvalu, Norfolk Island, Macquarie island while those not known as official possessions of Greater Aotearoa were the islands and chains of Tokelau, the Cook Islands, and Niue.

Official updates would be sent to international cartographers.

Small delegations had landed on the islands to be absorbed, and the response was positive, their anarchistic way of life unable to provide enough food for a large workforce, and hence pretty much every aspect of life more advanced than hunter gathering was denied to them.

With official recognition as Territories of Glorious Aotearoa, those island chains were marked down on the maps of the Realm.

Edited by LeVentNoir

With the drafting of a high level treaty between Glorious Aotearoa and the Hansa, control of the currently anarchistic Solomon Islands had been handed from Hansian to Aotearoan hands. A small peacekeeping detachment has been sent there to asses the situation while plans for integration were being constructed.

New power collection and distribution network completed. Satellite based 50% efficient solar cell arrays collect sunlight and use high power microwave transmission techniques to beam the power to earth, where it is converted back into electricity. This is expected to enable a large amount of energy to be gathered then sent to where it is needed without expensive transmission networks, especially, with the remoteness of the islands in our territory.

With the increase infrastructure needed to maintain the new territories, the completion of systems expansion through these areas, and the microwave power system was brought online so that power could be transmitted to the remote islands. Nuclear plants would continue to supply the high demand main cities.

In other news, today the much anticipated Universal Health System came online, with ACC sending its first payment shortly before noon today.

And finally, the birth of the thirteen millionth child of Aotearoa was celebrated today.

We have recently upgraded our infantry weaponry and BattleNet systems.

RX377_MKIII_by_Illogical_Lynx.jpg

The RX-377.

• Weight: ~5kg
  • Calibre: 8mm Tungsten rounds with DU AP tips.
  • Sliding stock
  • Combat sight

The is the first use of the metal-storm in a infantry weapon used by our forces. The concept of stacked caseless rounds fired with an electrical pulse allows for a much higher rate of fire to the point where three bullets can be moving down the barrel simultaneously. Another interesting advantage of this system is that the gun's mechanisms are silent, increasing the noise reduction factor of a suppressor.

The magazine takes 20 stacks of three bullets for a total of 60 shots per clip and each stack is magnetically drawn up from the magazine, reducing the number of moving parts.

The weapon fires 8mm depleted uranium tipped tungsten rounds in single, triple shot burst and full-auto firing modes, with recoil dampeners to keep the powerful kick of the large bullets in check. Each shot travels at close to Mach 3 and can put a three round burst into a 75mm circle at half a kilometre.

Standard to the weapon is also the integrated 45mm grenade launcher. This fires a small guided grenade from the lower barrel, with the intention of giving each soldier an effective anti-armour capability. The missiles are loaded one at a time into the small hatch behind the foregrip and fired with the secondary trigger with an effective level-flight range of about 250m when the after ejection rocket is activated.

The standard sight for the weapon is a smart reflex sight which can perform as either a rapid acquisition sight or apply digital magnification up to 10x zoom. An UV laser mounted on the front of the weapon is detected and rendered by the scope allowing the soldier to see the beam through the scope while keeping enemies oblivious to the shooter's location.

The weapon's construction is a tough yet lightweight nano-engineered composite and the entire assembly including the launcher weighs just under 5kg with empty magazine and launch tube.

Edited by LeVentNoir

OOC: Can I see your sources for the mechanisms of that gun, because I'm not buying a good portion of it; Especially your claims as to the firing mechanism, and the missile... thing.
OOC: The Metal-Storm aspect seems somewhat ludicrous, considering that Metal Storm weapons are barrels packed with bullets; not clips.

OOC: Two points. Tech 4500. Second, don't clutter my thread with ooc, if you want to talk it out, complain IC.

OOC: Complaining IC would give it the appearance of legitimacy. No, I will refrain from doing such until you prove the capability of such a weapon existing beyond any doubts I may have. And I will present my case to the GMs if the situation warrants.

OOC: Two points. Tech 4500. Second, don't clutter my thread with ooc, if you want to talk it out, complain IC.

OOC: Okay, I did a bit of research, and found some stuff that sets a good answer to the gun, it's not really possible in the sense you described it. I also notice how you just say "Tech 4500" and completely avoid the request for your sources, just proving that you know it wouldn't work, as far as I'm concerned.

OOC: Complaining IC would give it the appearance of legitimacy. No, I will refrain from doing such until you prove the capability of such a weapon existing beyond any doubts I may have. And I will present my case to the GMs if the situation warrants.

OOC: I agree entirely

OOC: Okay, I did a bit of research, and found some stuff that sets a good answer to the gun, it's not really possible in the sense you described it. I also notice how you just say "Tech 4500" and completely avoid the request for your sources, just proving that you know it wouldn't work, as far as I'm concerned.

OOC: Then you have no complaint in my eyes, will be quiet and leave my thread. Or complain IC, those are your options.

I will not give any sources, explanation or anything else OOC. I will only respond to IC questions. Or do you not get that?

Edited by LeVentNoir

OOC: Author's rights belong in the OP - unedited (or not, they recently changed this).

You didn't say in the OP anything about OOC, so too bad. Answer the questions or else it's nullified - whether or not the questions are OOC or IC doesn't matter.

Edited by Sargun

OOC: Author's rights belong in the OP - unedited (or not, they recently changed this).

You didn't say in the OP anything about OOC, so too bad. Answer the questions or else it's nullified - whether or not the questions are OOC or IC doesn't matter.

OOC: Sargun, when people announce a new thing, people should learn to debate it in the manner of this forum, ie: IC. So, I will respond to IC complaints with IC, and ignore OOC ones.

When people use a new thing which will not work assuming it will then its the time for OOC whining.

(I'm planning to announce everything from now on...)

Edited by LeVentNoir

OOC: Responding to something IC lends it credibility at least enough to exist. Considering you haven't given any sources, any details, anything aside from "4500 Tech", I will continue to protest OOC. In reality, I'm doing you a favor in the event of withdrawing the weapon; you wouldn't have to Ret-con it.

OOC: Responding to something IC lends it credibility at least enough to exist. Considering you haven't given any sources, any details, anything aside from "4500 Tech", I will continue to protest OOC. In reality, I'm doing you a favor in the event of withdrawing the weapon; you wouldn't have to Ret-con it.

OOC: Complain IC or GTFO my thread.

ASIDE: Also, more evidence that the tech scale is flawed and needed to be shifted to the linear pre present version I proposed.

OOC: The manner of this forum is both OOC and IC. If someone makes something that is impossible, it is best to destroy it OOC instead of legitimizing it by protesting IC. Protesting IC will just lead to the person making it to say IC "It works, and if you continue to complain we will use it on you." Meaning no argument can really happen.

OOC: The manner of this forum is both OOC and IC. If someone makes something that is impossible, it is best to destroy it OOC instead of legitimizing it by protesting IC. Protesting IC will just lead to the person making it to say IC "It works, and if you continue to complain we will use it on you." Meaning no argument can really happen.

OOC:

No it is not.

Cyber Nations Forums > Cyber Nations Gameplay and Roleplay > Open National RP > Fantasy RP (IC)

Either convince me it won't work in a IC manner, ie: Some actual RP of a scientist calling to say, "yes nice model, but if you ever put it into production watch out for.... X Y Z"

or leave.

OOC:

No it is not.

Either convince me it won't work in a IC manner, ie: Some actual RP of a scientist calling to say, "yes nice model, but if you ever put it into production watch out for.... X Y Z"

or leave.

OOC: Why don't you give your sources and stop this all with a few posts. If you had done that, there would be four or five OOC posts, and no argument, instead, you're stalling, saying we need to recognise it or shut up about it. If you have sources, give them, if you have no proof or explanation, it goes down the toilet, and everyone (you excluded) is happy and content.

Now, you shut up, and give the possibly nonexistent sources :)

And please, do it, don't just repeat your flawed argument again, it's getting old.

Edited by Il Terra Di Agea

OOC:

No it is not.

or leave.

OOC: And OOC posts have been part of this forum since day one.

When did you start RPing around here? I think I've been here longer than you and know what I'm talking about. I think the GM's know what THEY are talking about, and I think you need to stop dancing around the fact that you have no evidence for your weapon and simply want to get away with this god mod.

OOC: Then you have no complaint in my eyes, will be quiet and leave my thread. Or complain IC, those are your options.

I will not give any sources, explanation or anything else OOC. I will only respond to IC questions. Or do you not get that?

OOC: Sorry, LVN, normally I wouldn't mind arguing with you IC (after all, it's such good fun! :D), but it just so happens I agree with them. Complaining IC will only give it some degree of legitimacy, and would be a cause for embarrassment for your weapons researchers if any flaws were pointed out that way.

OOC: Sorry, LVN, normally I wouldn't mind arguing with you IC (after all, it's such good fun! :D), but it just so happens I agree with them. Complaining IC will only give it some degree of legitimacy, and would be a cause for embarrassment for your weapons researchers if any flaws were pointed out that way.

OOC: For the bold: BIG DEAL! Thats what i am getting at. Do people have some kind of hang up about proving people wrong when the feelings of my imaginary scientists get hurt? If you do prove me wrong, I get to execute some scientists, and thats even more RP!

Feel free to rip it to shreds, I will answer every question to the best of my ability, JUST DO IT IN A IC MANNER!

For the italics: It's a picture, or a model, plus some broadcast claims. Those exist. The gun may have even have been made. Its legitimate. The question is "does it do what is claimed?" and to answer that, ask questions IC.