Glorious Aotearoa

LeVentNoir

After taking power, LeVentNoir needed to reshape what his country had become into his new vision.

The cities were to be demolished, and rebuilt in the Rockport fashion, 3 main centers of 3 million, and 20 satellite towns of 100,000. The main cities were on the old locations of Christchurch, Wellington and Auckland, and would hold the same names.

The new cities were to be built of identical towers, all 100 stories tall, with the bottom 25 floors containing the heavy machinery of the city, and forming the industrial sector. These floors had special, super strong walls, not just cladding draped over a skeleton, like most skyscrapers. These walls were made to stop tank shells, and had specialized disaster management and containment systems built in. There was only one entrance, and that was a large cargo door, nearly 10 inches of reinforced steel, able to be locked and sealed.

The next 30 floors would be commercial areas, and would be made to deal with large volumes of people. Malls, schools, hospitals and other various businesses and recreational areas. These floors held pretty much all non residential / industrial aspects of the city.

The top 45 floors would be residential units, ranging from single person studios, to family apartments. Some apartments were two stories, so to make more space.

There were also several other features present in these buildings. Before they were built, nuclear power plants were constructed underground, to power the cities, and large utility networks were in place, including a 10 Gbit internet network, with government firewalls and anti virus centers, as to take the responsibility off the people.

More innovation, such as giant ultra thin LCD screens and DSSCs covered the entire buildings allowing extra power generation, and slight optical camouflage of the the buildings above the 25th story, so that people in the building look out on what the view would be like with no other buildings in the way.

High speed, free public monorail networks connected every building, with three layers, 25th, 55th and 100th floor layers, representing the main sector divisional points. Also, a high speed maglev train was constructed between the cities, with stops at each of the satellite towns.

High speed express elevators stopped at ground, 25th, 55th and 100th floors, while intermediate elevators helped access floors between those.

Other things, like the recreation of high speed communications links, and reactivation of civilian hardwares left over from Imperial Wellington, and other, non classified actions vital to running a country.

*Classified*

As private actions, each building was sealed in a faraday cage, allowing no transmissions in or out. Cell phones still worked, as a antenna was present in each building, and the transmission was taken by hard line outside or to another cell area. All connection at the edge of the cage had physical disconnects, incorporating a 10 gigaohm resistor, rather than the normal air gap. These disconnects were normally closed, but opened upon a signal from missile defense radars.

All cabling used out side a faraday cage had a brass mesh incorporated into its insulation, allowing for faster data transmission, and EMP security.

All military vehicles also had EMP protection incorporated, mainly, electronic components of small arms, tanks and naval assets.

Other measures were built in too. Giant air and water processors were built in subterranean vaults, and pressure doors and windows placed in the buildings. With very little reason to go outside anyway, it was the logical step to have a system to seal the buildings against NBC threats. Civil defense bunkers beneath each tower held massive amounts of food, enough for one year worth of providing for the residents in the building above.

OOC: This is a standard type news thread. Objections to anything posted here must be made in a IC format, or will be ignored as effectively as if your post did not exist.

Edited by LeVentNoir

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From The Office Of The Duchess:

"Lord LeVentNoir,

We would like to inquire about the satellite towns; how much of nature will remain untouched? For while we are very happy with the advanced technology of Glorious Aotearoa, we are interested in keeping our heritage of country-living as well. As you undoubtedly saw when you took the interior, the Nordlanders and the Marchar preferred small towns in/near forests and mountains; we would like to continue the practice in order to maintain the People's well known hardiness and survival ability. We fear that the many luxuries of the city will encourage...softness, and that is not something we can allow to occur in a warrior People."

From The Office Of The Duchess:

"Lord LeVentNoir,

We would like to inquire about the satellite towns; how much of nature will remain untouched? For while we are very happy with the advanced technology of Glorious Aotearoa, we are interested in keeping our heritage of country-living as well. As you undoubtedly saw when you took the interior, the Nordlanders and the Marchar preferred small towns in/near forests and mountains; we would like to continue the practice in order to maintain the People's well known hardiness and survival ability. We fear that the many luxuries of the city will encourage...softness, and that is not something we can allow to occur in a warrior People."

The satellite towns are supposed to compact, low impact housing for people working the primary sectors, farming, mining, forestry, etc. We severly doubt there will be much redevelopment needed, just bringing the towns in line with current technological standards.

Hereby, Glorious Aotearoa announces the closing of our EEZ (The EEZ extends to a distance of 200 nautical miles (370 km) out from the coast.) to non allied shipping, sub surface vessels and aircraft, with people attempting to cross it warned, then fired upon. Allied vessels can cross at any time.

Our territorial waters (<12 Nauctical miles from the coast) are closed to all vessels.

As a reference, here is all the relevant waters.

NZ_EEZ_TS.jpg

*Classified*

The dusty old bunker was opened. LeVentNoir walked into his old command center.

"Rip it all out, and transfer it to the new control center. I want all the old IW sea floor defenses inside the EEZ reactivated and put on standby, this includes the thermite seeds. All those outside those waters are to be told to self destruct."

"Now, I want someone to contact Naboo about all my old plans. I expect half of them will not need to be used, but its nice to have them. Now, lets get out of here."

Edited by LeVentNoir

Hereby, Glorious Aotearoa announces the closing of our EEZ (The EEZ extends to a distance of 200 nautical miles (370 km) out from the coast.) to non allied shipping, sub surface vessels and aircraft, with people attempting to cross it warned, then fired upon. Allied vessels can cross at any time.

Our territorial waters (<12 Nauctical miles from the coast) are closed to all vessels.

As a reference, here is all the relevant waters.

*Classified*

The dusty old bunker was opened. LeVentNoir walked into his old command center.

"Rip it all out, and transfer it to the new control center. I want all the old IW sea floor defenses inside the EEZ reactivated and put on standby, this includes the thermite seeds. All those outside those waters are to be told to self destruct."

"Now, I want someone to contact Naboo about all my old plans. I expect half of them will not need to be used, but its nice to have them. Now, lets get out of here."

*Private*

Liselle: "Lord, although the Camberlainer military was dissolved upon your ascension, the Fuyo have assembled a basic security force. They are mostly made up of Fuyo soldiers who were released from Camberlainer service, and have been acting as a construction/police force in Auckland. The Marchar also have maintained our tribal Knights Cadre, and some military units in and around Auckland as part of the Transitional Defense Force I put into play. We can rally additional forces if need be, but our men will want their part of this. If we can process them as quickly as possible into normal military service, and get them working, Auckland would appreciate it."

OOC: No, my mil doesn't stack with his, I know.

*Private*

Liselle: "Lord, although the Camberlainer military was dissolved upon your ascension, the Fuyo have assembled a basic security force. They are mostly made up of Fuyo soldiers who were released from Camberlainer service, and have been acting as a construction/police force in Auckland. The Marchar also have maintained our tribal Knights Cadre, and some military units in and around Auckland as part of the Transitional Defense Force I put into play. We can rally additional forces if need be, but our men will want their part of this. If we can process them as quickly as possible into normal military service, and get them working, Auckland would appreciate it."

OOC: No, my mil doesn't stack with his, I know.

*Reply*

Most of the Rockportian military have been transfered here, and will be phased through until the Aotearoan military is all based here and of citizens of this country.

*Classified*

Pending possible conflict with Australian nations, the seafloor defenses have been set to automatic.

Thermite seed mine canisters have been set to manual control, while torpedo, missile and gun emplacements have been set to automatic.

With the nuclear exchange in europe, we are declaring our EEZ in lockdown, with nothing allowed in or out, civilian or military.

-LVN

*Classified*

The defense systems have been ordered to full automatic, and although the possibility of radiological contamination was minimal monitoring systems were set to 'stringent' checking.

Edited by LeVentNoir

The Duchess of Northland has ordered all loyal citizens of Glorious Aotearoa to commit all they can to strengthening the great nation. Large donation drives meant to fund local charity projects have tripled, leading to an increase in purely civilian infrastructure in the outlying towns. Additionally, Marchar and Fuyo-Clann volunteers for military and civilian service has sky-rocketed, causing recruiters to temporarily shut down their offices in order to process all the requests. The North is ready to march in the service of Lord LeVentNoir, to destiny and glory.

With the massive nuclear attacks by Naboo, all citizens have been ordered to stay in their homes as much as possible, and are being instructed in civil defense procedures for national lockdown and home shelter. Domestic NBC seals and supplies were being checked in the satellite towns, while in the main cities, stores were being checked for the nth time, as a full scale lockdown seemed to be ever more likely.

*Classified*

Upgraded national defense was on the cards, as a second nuclear reactor was opened today, to exclusively power the southern electrolaser turret. The northern installation had already confirmed several kills from the missiles fired from tasmania, and with this extra installation, hidden high in the Southern Alps, missile attack on NZ would be all but impossible.

The nuclear plants were powerful enough to enable constant firing of the electrolaser, unlike the Rockport installation, which had to charge its capacitors. These Mark II installations could also act as a AA network with their high rate of fire.

With the Capture of New Caledonia and Tonga, the illegal settlers have been evicted and forced off the islands, allowing proper facilities to be activated and re-maintained, including the defense systems and signal monitoring stations. The rest of the infrastructure would be removed, allowing natural features to reestablish themselves.

Private discussions have also been started with New Cymru about gaining possession of the rest of the Vanuatuan islands.

War has been declared, with the neighbouring state of Dragonisia. Reasons given including activation of our MDoAP with the UFE and Dragonisian movement of military vessels into our EEZ.

Between a third and half the fleet has been mobilised, with at least 5 divisions being seen loaded onto transports.

*Classified*

The first 20 reserve divisions (XXVI-XLV) are being brought to active status, while divisions V-XV are being made ready for deployment, while defense systems around the country are being made ready to repel any possible counter attack. This includes increased readiness for SDI facilities, more aggressive sensor use for the sea floor defenses, and a shorter period required before hostile intent assumed

*Classified*

With more and more control and access being regained, more and more of the old IW plans were being found. Two main ones had been recoved. Plans for the public beliefe drug, which was isnstantly destroyed, and the plans for Forumla 42 disabling gas which as sent into immediate production.

This product was put into storage, but work was started on methods of delivery including aerial dispersal or infiltrating a slow release aerosol.

Other plans like the recreation of remote combat robots were put a lesser priority but production and training was also started.

• 2 weeks later...

Today, we suffered a cowardly attack from Dragonisia.

After their recent invasion of our waters with military submarines, they have not sent a force of bombers towards our peacekeeping force in the south china sea. results of the conflict are not known, but again they have sent military forces at us. Their nation is becoming known to be backhanded opportunists with no sense of causality.

We shall not crush them, merely fend off their clumsy and ill planned attacks. We have asked for a mere apology, and we wonder what kind of response we get.

Our peace keeping fleet in the south china sea is conducting operations based around the objective of securing Singapore and then handing control of it over to a local government so that the inhabitants there can decide their fate, rather than be invaded by a foreign power.

You should not have interfered. The Neo Japanese may opr may not have been in the right, but that is not relevant. They had everything in hand without the need for your interference.

So you would let a long time and indeed only ally have their government dissolve, then stand by and do nothing while they are invaded? Their maybe no official UFE state, but we will forfill our duty to those people, Mutual Defense.

When they decide their own fate, we shall officially remove our protection of them, and then our paths shall diverge. Until then, we shall stop other people from choosing their fate with the armed forces of other nations!

To his Excellency, the Head of State of Glorious Aotearoa

Exalted Leader,

Though our nations have never been in long contact with each other I would like to extend a greeting to your nation from mine in Australia, especially as newcomers to the region and in the hopes of building friendship between our peoples. Your Excellency, though I do know pride myself in knowing much of the history of your great nation I understand that there is a large Marchar population that resides in New Zealand. In the past years, the Hanseatic Republic was blessed by having a large portion of Marchar citizenry settle within our borders, fate would then draw them close once again to an area that many Marchar call home. The Hanseatic Senate, along with considerable support from both the Marchar population and Hanseatic have asked me if I may intervene and begin talks of possible Marchar immigration to the Hanseatic state. In addition if any Kuyo-Clann citizenry exists if I would be able to talk about the immigation of those said peoples as well.

If it were possible, I would like the chance to me your Excellency in person so that we might further discuss this population influx and various other questions and concerns that may come up. I hope that I am given this chance and that we two can begin the talks to would cement a long lasting Aotearoan-Hanseatic friendship in years to come.

Sincerely Yours,

Sarah Tintagyl

Lady Protector of the Hanseatic Republic

Today, we suffered a cowardly attack from Dragonisia.

After their recent invasion of our waters with military submarines, they have not sent a force of bombers towards our peacekeeping force in the south china sea. results of the conflict are not known, but again they have sent military forces at us. Their nation is becoming known to be backhanded opportunists with no sense of causality.

We shall not crush them, merely fend off their clumsy and ill planned attacks. We have asked for a mere apology, and we wonder what kind of response we get.

Our peace keeping fleet in the south china sea is conducting operations based around the objective of securing Singapore and then handing control of it over to a local government so that the inhabitants there can decide their fate, rather than be invaded by a foreign power.

Some citizen Tanisians scoffed at the stupidity of the government of Glorious Aotearoa... especially towards their statement in the last paragraph. Wasn't being no more than less than 60 miles away qualified them being a 'foreign power'. Singapore had ex-Tanisian citizen inhabitants since the time Singapore was in the hands of Realm... and even as part of Mogartopia. Tanis was... as is the Philippians were the closest 'local governing' bodies nearby.

OOC: Fuyo-Clann, Sarah.

IC:

The Duchess of Auckland, having heard of this possible outflux of Marchar, immediately brought herself to Wellington to speak with Lord LeVentNoir. She did not desire to lose her beloved people, so soon saved from destruction by the evil forces in the world...but she could not enslave them if they wished to leave her as well. Besides, the Chief of the Clan in her said, rather silently, that if the Marchar spread themselves out under different countries, different governments, even different regions of the world, the better chance of Marchar survival...and the better chance of finding a homeland.

Getting out of her personal designated vehicle in Wellington, she went directly to her own apartments held in the City and made a call to the Lord's personal abode, hoping to arrange to meet with her Master and speak on this thing.

To his Excellency, the Head of State of Glorious Aotearoa

Exalted Leader,

Though our nations have never been in long contact with each other I would like to extend a greeting to your nation from mine in Australia, especially as newcomers to the region and in the hopes of building friendship between our peoples. Your Excellency, though I do know pride myself in knowing much of the history of your great nation I understand that there is a large Marchar population that resides in New Zealand. In the past years, the Hanseatic Republic was blessed by having a large portion of Marchar citizenry settle within our borders, fate would then draw them close once again to an area that many Marchar call home. The Hanseatic Senate, along with considerable support from both the Marchar population and Hanseatic have asked me if I may intervene and begin talks of possible Marchar immigration to the Hanseatic state. In addition if any Fuyo-Clann citizenry exists if I would be able to talk about the immigation of those said peoples as well.

If it were possible, I would like the chance to me your Excellency in person so that we might further discuss this population influx and various other questions and concerns that may come up. I hope that I am given this chance and that we two can begin the talks to would cement a long lasting Aotearoan-Hanseatic friendship in years to come.

Sincerely Yours,

Sarah Tintagyl

Lady Protector of the Hanseatic Republic

To: Sarah Tintagyl, Lady Protector of the Hanseatic Republic.

We have a minority of Machar peoples, however, the main populace is made of celtic peoples, and those that lived here before the fall of Wellington. We have no closed borders, so those that want to leave are permitted to at any time. However, those serving duties will have to forfill them before they can permanently leave.

A personal discussion on this matter may be appropriate, we would welcome you to our country, however, it may be highly removed from what you are used to.

IC: The Duchess of Auckland, having heard of this possible outflux of Marchar, immediately brought herself to Wellington to speak with Lord LeVentNoir. She did not desire to lose her beloved people, so soon saved from destruction by the evil forces in the world...but she could not enslave them if they wished to leave her as well. Besides, the Chief of the Clan in her said, rather silently, that if the Marchar spread themselves out under different countries, different governments, even different regions of the world, the better chance of Marchar survival...and the better chance of finding a homeland.

Getting out of her personal designated vehicle in Wellington, she went directly to her own apartments held in the City and made a call to the Lord's personal abode, hoping to arrange to meet with her Master and speak on this thing.

OOC: No personal transport...

IC: LeVentNoir was in his offices, when he received the call on the viewscreen.

"Yes, we must talk"

OOC: Make a new thread.

So you would let a long time and indeed only ally have their government dissolve, then stand by and do nothing while they are invaded? Their maybe no official UFE state, but we will forfill our duty to those people, Mutual Defense.

Your question is flawed...no, we wouldn't, but neither would we deny any who had a long-standing claim to the region in question a voice in any conference held concerning the territory.

Your question is flawed...no, we wouldn't, but neither would we deny any who had a long-standing claim to the region in question a voice in any conference held concerning the territory.

Talk to the Neo Japanese, they hosted the conference, and so that decision has nothing to do with our nation or delegations.

With the money given by the Dragonisians, LeVentNoir announced the start of the formation of the ACC, intending to give all citizens of Glorious Aotearoa free medical care. This will be paid for by a small increase in taxes, however, this will allow expensive medical care to be performed at no immediate cost to the recipient.

In other news, riot in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch have erupted after demonstrations for and against the Irish succession movement clashed. This was further inflamed after people protesting the illegal invasion of Micronesia by asian forces. Given the weak reason told to the public, many citizens were inflamed by the injustice in the invasion.