T.N.E. Dyn-o-mite!!

mykep

It had been a long time since Generalissimo attended an international event, hindered by his relative isolation in the ruins of Saint Paul. Even without effective transportation to the Nothern Empire Generalissimo was somewhat apprehensive about telecommuting an international function, knowing he probably didn’t know of the existence of half those attending, worried his ignorance might put him at some sort of disadvantage.

A laptop would soon be delivered to a representative of Mykep, and once a connection was established Generalissimo would make his (pseudo)presence known (to whomever cares).

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mykep slowly made his way shaking the hands of all the foreign delegates, he thanks all of them for coming individually, and sometimes even lightening the mood by giving one a noogie or two. He made his way to Megan where they shared a kiss and a hug. At the very moment, a camera went off and the flashes around lit up the eyes of the two lovers as they stared at one another.

"Care to dance?"

As the two danced, Diplomats made thier way to the seated foreign leaders. One such diplomat, by the name of Don Bloshevk, shook the hand of Emperor Chris.

"Welcome to our ball, we must thank you for your presense is something that adds to the greatness of such an event. May I buy you a drink?"

OOC: Consider everyone there, and anyone who still wishes to join to be particpating now.

OOC: Got it.

IC: The Phydidon Ballroom is just a few blocks from Fort Klintonn in Hooville's financial district. Built in 1986 as the grand ballroom of the elegant Korynitaa Hotel, it showcases a majestic high gold leaf ceiling, a 725 square foot stage with curtains and spotlights, and a a 700 square foot dance floor, perhaps the largest in The Northern Empire. This is truly Forever Battlefield's most elegant and unique location for special events.Although the Korynitaa no longer operates as a hotel, the impressive Phydidon Ballroom is still going strong. It was renovated in 2007 to its original historic elegance. This landmark space is one of the few locations in the Eastern Russia that can seat 500 for dinner. Original Thollvyn (The Northern Empires' greatest modern architect/designer) chandeliers hang from the soaring ceiling. Burgundy draperies and carpet, gold detailing above the doors and mirrors and a disco ball with strobe lighting as well as a giant spotlight complete the festive decor. The Phydidon Ballroom's impressive stage will be used to seat the several foreign leaders to serpate them from The Northern Empire's several hundred rich and powerful (as well as the several military). The stage will also be the showcase of the night's entertainment.

After a short introduction by Emperor Mykep of each foreign leader to the citizens of The Northern Empire, he shook thier hand and made the announcement that the night's revenue would be gathered and be used in the current relief funds to help with Northern Yuktobania's latest Earthquake. After Mykep sat down with his fellow guests, the band started playing.

President Jackson was still a little overwhelmed by the sheer magificence of the place. Yes, he'd seen grandieur, but it had been some time since he'd been able to sit back and appreciate something like this. First Wallace had been incapacitated, then Parliament had finally got off their collective @$$es and, as the elected Vice-President, appointed him in Wallace's place (and the subsequent revelation on the real identity of the shadowy Subtleknifewielder)--then the massive attack that had devastated much, too much, of the south. And now the re-building from that attack. The announcement of the revenue being used to relieve Northern Yuktobania after its earthquake only served to remind him of all that.

It had all been taking its toll, and, though he wouldn't admit it to his aids when he got back, he was looking forward to a relaxing evening.

Though he did wish wearing this d*** suit wasn't necessary. He was actually more comfortable in his marine gear...

Mykep slowly made his way shaking the hands of all the foreign delegates, he thanks all of them for coming individually, and sometimes even lightening the mood by giving one a noogie or two. He made his way to Megan where they shared a kiss and a hug. At the very moment, a camera went off and the flashes around lit up the eyes of the two lovers as they stared at one another.

"Care to dance?"

As the two danced, Diplomats made thier way to the seated foreign leaders. One such diplomat, by the name of Don Bloshevk, shook the hand of Emperor Chris.

"Welcome to our ball, we must thank you for your presense is something that adds to the greatness of such an event. May I buy you a drink?"

Well, that had been unexpected. Maybe Mykep had sensed his tension--perhaps that would explain the teasing noogie he'd been given. He blinked, not quite sure why his military training hadn't automatically taken over there.

He watched Mykep as he danced with Megan Fox, the Dragon Empire's foreign Minister, if he recalled correctly. He wasn't sure if it was love, but they definitely cared for each other. He sighed. He'd undoubtedly be too busy to find someone like that for a while.

He wasn't so wistful that he didn't notice the approaching diplomat, however...

OOC: Mykep, I believe that's your cue... ;)

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

Megan started blushing when Emperor Mykep kissed her but danced along with him.

How are you darling She asked.

"I am quite well. A mix of politics and entertainment, it seems that today will be a busy but relaxing evening. Having you here will even make this more enjoyable. How are things in India, or even moreso the Empire?"

OOC: Got it.

President Jackson was still a little overwhelmed by the sheer magificence of the place. Yes, he'd seen grandieur, but it had been some time since he'd been able to sit back and appreciate something like this. First Wallace had been incapacitated, then Parliament had finally got off their collective @$$es and, as the elected Vice-President, appointed him in Wallace's place (and the subsequent revelation on the real identity of the shadowy Subtleknifewielder)--then the massive attack that had devastated much, too much, of the south. And now the re-building from that attack. The announcement of the revenue being used to relieve Northern Yuktobania after its earthquake only served to remind him of all that.

It had all been taking its toll, and, though he wouldn't admit it to his aids when he got back, he was looking forward to a relaxing evening.

Though he did wish wearing this d*** suit wasn't necessary. He was actually more comfortable in his marine gear...

Well, that had been unexpected. Maybe Mykep had sensed his tension--perhaps that would explain the teasing noogie he'd been given. He blinked, not quite sure why his military training hadn't automatically taken over there.

He watched Mykep as he danced with Megan Fox, the Dragon Empire's foreign Minister, if he recalled correctly. He wasn't sure if it was love, but they definitely cared for each other. He sighed. He'd undoubtedly be too busy to find someone like that for a while.

He wasn't so wistful that he didn't notice the approaching diplomat, however...

OOC: Mykep, I believe that's your cue... ;)

OOC: Caught it ;)

IC: The lone diplomat, Markus Rochenll, tapped President Jackson on the shoulder.

"Good evening sir, mind if I buy you a drink?"

Chairman Lin Biao's plane, on route to the Northern Empire, was flying over scenic Kangchenjunga when the plane suffered an engine breakdown. The plane has crashed into the face of the mountain, killing all on board, including Chairman Lin Biao. Further investigations into his private quarters revealed that he was actually a secessionist traitor, and had planned to assassinate Chairman Maelstrom. Following Biao's death, Zhu De has been sworn in as Chairman of IndoChina and Minister of Internal Affairs of the Dragon Empire.

Air_New_Zealand_Flight_901.jpg

The crash site.

The state of Othello has been ordered to send a team of 3 helicopters, each holding 5 elite recovery troops. The mission was to go in, collect the wreckage and black box, and extract the bodies.

"We are sorry for the loss of this man, but we are ashamed that he would even THINK of an assassination attempt, and perhaps deserved to die."

-Empress

"I am quite well. A mix of politics and entertainment, it seems that today will be a busy but relaxing evening. Having you here will even make this more enjoyable. How are things in India, or even moreso the Empire?"

OOC: Caught it ;)

IC: The lone diplomat, Markus Rochenll, tapped President Jackson on the shoulder.

"Good evening sir, mind if I buy you a drink?"

Since he had sensed the diplomat coming, he didn't react violently as he otherwise might have.

He turned away from observing Mykep and Megan to face Markus Rochenll. "I would appreciate it," he said, smiling ruefully. He thought of commenting that one should be more careful about coming up on a former soldier unawares, but decided to let it go. It wasn't the man's fault that he didn't know Jackson had been a marine.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

The Jutopian President arrived at the ball along with a his wife, assistant, and a rather stunning looking female diplomat. The wife was complaining about how rude the limo driver was to her. The assistant was was carrying a bucket of what was at least 10 'I can't believe it's not butter' spray containers. The president had no clue how many people were going, or how many baked potatoes there would be. He didn't want to bring too little. After they settled themselves at a table with several other people, the president took the bucket and put it next to the baked potatoes. He then decided to try one out. He took a baked potato and sprayed it with his spray and ate the potato. He returned back to his table looking very satisfied and greeted all of the other guests sitting at his table.

Edited by jutopia

Chairman Leclerc has managed to find some time to attend this ball, though it may be that he has to leave it early.

*Saboria*

The Chairman was boarding his private plane, to leave for the Northern Empire. He would have some time before he was needed again back in Saboria, to help the Dragonisian Chairman Maelstrom.

President Pack decided to attend this gathering as there was nothing to do at home for the next two days and it would be nice if he could start up diplomatic relations with the giant of the Russian region. The plane was going to land in half an hour.

Since he had sensed the diplomat coming, he didn't react violently as he otherwise might have.

He turned away from observing Mykep and Megan to face Markus Rochenll. "I would appreciate it," he said, smiling ruefully. He thought of commenting that one should be more careful about coming up on a former soldier unawares, but decided to let it go. It wasn't the man's fault that he didn't know Jackson had been a marine.

After the two shared a sip of drink, Markus attempted to engage in conversation with the man of power sitting next to him.

"How comes the construction? Our emperor and many of our people are worried of your country and your citizens."

Vlad stood over to the side, munching on cookies. It was a while before he got bored, took a swig of Vodka and went on to mingle with some of the people there. Every so often, he would return to the cookie table to stock up.

A young boy only by the name of Mikhail came over to Vlad and introduced himself as a diplomat. He grabbed a cookie and asked Vlad how a Vodka tasted with cookies. he then posed the question of how Vlad's country was doing.

The Jutopian President arrived at the ball along with a his wife, assistant, and a rather stunning looking female diplomat. The wife was complaining about how rude the limo driver was to her. The assistant was was carrying a bucket of what was at least 10 'I can't believe it's not butter' spray containers. The president had no clue how many people were going, or how many baked potatoes there would be. He didn't want to bring too little. After they settled themselves at a table with several other people, the president took the bucket and put it next to the baked potatoes. He then decided to try one out. He took a baked potato and sprayed it with his spray and ate the potato. He returned back to his table looking very satisfied and greeted all of the other guests sitting at his table.

One such guest sitting at the table was Andrew McClunna. He was the diplomat who introduced himself to the Jutopian president. He smiled and told of the respect he had for the Jutopian people. He asked of the political climate surrounding the foreign leaders country.

Chairman Leclerc has managed to find some time to attend this ball, though it may be that he has to leave it early.

*Saboria*

The Chairman was boarding his private plane, to leave for the Northern Empire. He would have some time before he was needed again back in Saboria, to help the Dragonisian Chairman Maelstrom.

OOC: Please make the next post your arrival?

President Pack decided to attend this gathering as there was nothing to do at home for the next two days and it would be nice if he could start up diplomatic relations with the giant of the Russian region. The plane was going to land in half an hour.

OOC: Same thing as above.

After the two shared a sip of drink, Markus attempted to engage in conversation with the man of power sitting next to him.

"How comes the construction? Our emperor and many of our people are worried of your country and your citizens."

Jackson considered the question for a moment before answering. "It's progressing as well as can be expected, I suppose." He took another sip of his drink, then continued. "Most of the wreckage has been cleared, allowing construction to actually progress more swiftly. The groundwork for many of the destroyed power grids is largely completed now, the foundations of civilian structures caught in the blasts are mostly laid. The ships we lost in the attack are also being replaced slowly but surely, both warships and transports."

OOC: Please make the next post your arrival?

IC: As the Northern Empire was quite close to Saboria, the plane merely had to cross the north pole, enabling the Chairman to admire the pretty lights there for a bit. (OOC: too lazy to find out the real name of them right now /OOC)

Thus, the modified Tupolev bomber soon landed in the Northern Empire, and out of the bomber drove a limousine - heavily armoured, of course, as there exist quite a few anti-communist forces in the world - which then proceeded to the party, as smoothly as the streets - and the NE-guards - allowed it to.

IC: As the Northern Empire was quite close to Saboria, the plane merely had to cross the north pole, enabling the Chairman to admire the pretty lights there for a bit. (OOC: too lazy to find out the real name of them right now /OOC)

Thus, the modified Tupolev bomber soon landed in the Northern Empire, and out of the bomber drove a limousine - heavily armoured, of course, as there exist quite a few anti-communist forces in the world - which then proceeded to the party, as smoothly as the streets - and the NE-guards - allowed it to.

OOC: They're the aurora borealis (aka the Northern Lights), for any who are wondering what Lynneth is talking about.

Air Force One landed along with two C-5 Galaxy Transport Aircraft. The aircraft carried the presidential limousine and several SPS vehicles. The convoy proceeded to the party and President Pack exited the vehicle at the main entrance with two SPS agents no more than two feet away from him at any time.

"Care to dance?"

"Hi, Nice to meet you. Just a coke please." The Emporer said rather awkwardly. He felt rather silly being amongst all these people who were obviously having a much easier time at the ball.

Things in India are all quiet, Just improving the current Infrastructure of Northern India. The things in the Emperor are fabulous with all the new Countries becoming member states of the Empire.How are things here?

One such guest sitting at the table was Andrew McClunna. He was the diplomat who introduced himself to the Jutopian president. He smiled and told of the respect he had for the Jutopian people. He asked of the political climate surrounding the foreign leaders country.

"Things have been very eventful and a bit stressful with the recent conflicts that some of our neighbors have gotten into with other nations. Things inside Jutopia Land are going great. The people are very happy. They're also feeling much safer with the recent construction of a strategic defense initiative and we're even planning a charity run. How are things in The Northern Empire?"

At the same time, the presidents assistant had gone to get some food. He came back with a baked potato drenched in butter and a cookie. He sat himself down and began poking at the potato with the sporknife that he brought with him.

Edited by jutopia

A young boy only by the name of Mikhail came over to Vlad and introduced himself as a diplomat. He grabbed a cookie and asked Vlad how a Vodka tasted with cookies. he then posed the question of how Vlad's country was doing.

"You know," Vlad started, "it's really not that good. I never really liked vodka, but I find that a quick swig of it makes the words come easier."

The little boy just nodded.

"But the country," Vlad continued, "the country is doing better than I could ever have imagined. Granted, it's not my country, but my nephew's. His name is Mikhail too, but I'm sure you already knew that."

The boy smiled.

"I just don't know how he does it." Vlad continued, "I saw my brother try to rule, and I was terrified. The country depends on you, the people look for your guidance and solutions. It seemed like an impossible task, so I denied the throne when it came time for succession. But I am extremely proud of how our country has turned around after the last ruler. Mikhail has gotten rid of poverty and corruption. He has stengthen the army and repaired our crumbling infrastructure. He has increased our standing in the world and made us many powerful allies. He has made the people love him, and made us proud to be Marscurian." Seeing how proud he was to represent a great empire, Vlad threw away his flask of vodka, grabbed some more cookies and ran off to find a group of people to start talking with. "Thank you boy," he called out as he left.

Edited by KaiserMelech Mikhail I

Jackson considered the question for a moment before answering. "It's progressing as well as can be expected, I suppose." He took another sip of his drink, then continued. "Most of the wreckage has been cleared, allowing construction to actually progress more swiftly. The groundwork for many of the destroyed power grids is largely completed now, the foundations of civilian structures caught in the blasts are mostly laid. The ships we lost in the attack are also being replaced slowly but surely, both warships and transports."

"Well, the funds for this project are hopefully going to be large enough to help both our neighbor and start the funding project for you. We wish to see you regain your strength and help you regain it as well. Our emperor speaks very highly of you and your great nation, so much that he sees you as a personal friend. When he finishes his dance and talk with his wife, he wishes to speak with you. He hopes that you will recieve him.

Until then, may I ask you what you feel about The Northern Empire? I know its such a broad and multiply asked question, but we are wondering if your nation sees us as much as a friend as we see you.

As the Chairman exited the car, he was well recieved by the people of The Northern Empire. As much as thier are people who despise the communists, the people of T.N.E. are the kind who do not job by ones political view. There are many ways of getting things done, and if the people of the nation see no problem with thier communist leadership, noone outside should say otherwise.

A diplomat approached the Chairman and shook his hand. He lead him through the doorway to the main hall where he was asked if he wanted a drink. Over on the way to the bar, the diplomat introduced himself as James Rikk, and told of how highly the Emperor respected him and that he, and the emperor were very thankful for his visit.

"Our emperor is busy as of right now, but he wishes to speak to you later this evening over a...private matter. Do you need anything or wish for me to address any questions in the mean time?"

Air Force One landed along with two C-5 Galaxy Transport Aircraft. The aircraft carried the presidential limousine and several SPS vehicles. The convoy proceeded to the party and President Pack exited the vehicle at the main entrance with two SPS agents no more than two feet away from him at any time.

OOC: When is you going to be here?

"Hi, Nice to meet you. Just a coke please." The Emporer said rather awkwardly. He felt rather silly being amongst all these people who were obviously having a much easier time at the ball.

As the diplomat arrived with a coke, he smiled and said, "You look nervous, you shouldnt feel out of place. They all are. Take a deep breath and know that noone in this room is better than anyone else. We arent here as diplomat, citizen, or emperor...we are here for a party." He put his arm around the Emperor and lead him into the crowd of people dancing.

Things in India are all quiet, Just improving the current Infrastructure of Northern India. The things in the Emperor are fabulous with all the new Countries becoming member states of the Empire.How are things here?

"Cold." They laughed and he looked at her and said, "Its been quiet for sometime, so I decided to make things abit more interesting...starting with this party. Enjoying your time here?"

"Things have been very eventful and a bit stressful with the recent conflicts that some of our neighbors have gotten into with other nations. Things inside Jutopia Land are going great. The people are very happy. They're also feeling much safer with the recent construction of a strategic defense initiative and we're even planning a charity run. How are things in The Northern Empire?"

At the same time, the presidents assistant had gone to get some food. He came back with a baked potato drenched in butter and a cookie. He sat himself down and began poking at the potato with the sporknife that he brought with him.

"The Northern Empire is currently bringing in new programs. We are also going to seek new friends and allies and part with those that have drifted away. It seems that we are finally getting back into to shape so to speak. Our military, economy, and society are recieving a boost with outside help and new policies set up by the emperor."

He looked at the assistant with the potato and said, "Poking it is not going to do anything, try eating it." The three laughed.

"You know," Vlad started, "it's really not that good. I never really liked vodka, but I find that a quick swig of it makes the words come easier."

The little boy just nodded.

"But the country," Vlad continued, "the country is doing better than I could ever have imagined. Granted, it's not my country, but my nephew's. His name is Mikhail too, but I'm sure you already knew that."

The boy smiled.

"I just don't know how he does it." Vlad continued, "I saw my brother try to rule, and I was terrified. The country depends on you, the people look for your guidance and solutions. It seemed like an impossible task, so I denied the throne when it came time for succession. But I am extremely proud of how our country has turned around after the last ruler. Mikhail has gotten rid of poverty and corruption. He has stengthen the army and repaired our crumbling infrastructure. He has increased our standing in the world and made us many powerful allies. He has made the people love him, and made us proud to be Marscurian." Seeing how proud he was to represent a great empire, Vlad threw away his flask of vodka, grabbed some more cookies and ran off to find a group of people to start talking with. "Thank you boy," he called out as he left.

Mikhail seemed to hold a new respect for the nation. He liked the fact that the Emperor had assigned him to speak with Vlad. He decided not to follow but to occasionally pop up if VLad were to need anything or want to know anything about the Empire.

As the Chairman exited the car, he was well recieved by the people of The Northern Empire. As much as thier are people who despise the communists, the people of T.N.E. are the kind who do not job by ones political view. There are many ways of getting things done, and if the people of the nation see no problem with thier communist leadership, noone outside should say otherwise.

A diplomat approached the Chairman and shook his hand. He lead him through the doorway to the main hall where he was asked if he wanted a drink. Over on the way to the bar, the diplomat introduced himself as James Rikk, and told of how highly the Emperor respected him and that he, and the emperor were very thankful for his visit.

"Our emperor is busy as of right now, but he wishes to speak to you later this evening over a...private matter. Do you need anything or wish for me to address any questions in the mean time?"

Leclerc shakes his head. "At the time, I have no questions. I'll just enjoy myself until the emperor finds some time to talk with me."

He smiled, then looked around for somewhere to get a good drink from, perhaps some vodka.