Museum of Religion Completed

Subtleknifewielder

OOC: Classified, thus you don't know I found it. In fact, it's SO classified, ony the Marines that found it and the President, as well as the curator, know about it. Have you been watching Raiders of the Lost Ark recently?

OOC: Whoops, missed that. And the Ark would have been moved into some sort of temple somewhere. A relic of that value, even at that time, would not be dropped or left behind some random place.

OOC: Whoops, missed that. And the Ark would have been moved into some sort of temple somewhere. A relic of that value, even at that time, would not be dropped or left behind some random place.

OOC: The location of the Ark is unknown after the Babylonians destroyed Solomon's Temple. I am allowing for many theories of how it ended up where I discovered it in South Arabia.

I) Jews carried the Ark out of the temple and away from the Babylonians, eventually leading them to the area known today as RL Oman.

II) Jews hid the Ark under the temple, and Saladin and his Arab army found it and attempted to move it to Mecca, but the caravan got lost wondering in the desert and left it.

III) Or any plausible theory leading to that location in South Arabia.

The Press Diplomat from The Kingdom of Prussia is highly offended that the Nordic religion is considered to be "under suspicion" since the fall of Greater Nordland.

The Religions of Odin, Perun, Thor, Freyja and many others are among the oldest in the world, rich in culture and history. The Kaiser himself is proud to be linked to the past in his religious methods and studies.

I do suppose we should be suspicious of Catholics now that the Roman Empire has fallen.

Heed this, Tolerance is built through respect and understanding, not suspicion and blatant prejudice.

Edited by Brian Reimer

Though we do posess several old and unique artifacts of Christian, Nordic, and Native Scandinavian (Outside of Traditional Lore) stock, they are nothing of great interest. Nonetheless we offer our congratulations.

May I take your contact information? Kaiser Tanzband would be incredibly interested in seeing the Relics that you possess. Even the smallest shred of paper or carved rune are important to create a continuity of events in the history of the world, and the philosophy that drives it.

May I take your contact information? Kaiser Tanzband would be incredibly interested in seeing the Relics that you possess. Even the smallest shred of paper or carved rune are important to create a continuity of events in the history of the world, and the philosophy that drives it.

I am Kraig Blastenburg, steward to the Lord Elric Khanne who resides in Castle Vulfshden in Northern Franzharia outside of Murmansk. I can arrange a meeting between the Kaiser and he at a time and place of the Kaiser's convienence.

OOC: I suppose it would be better taken to a new thread.

Edited by Ranather

Mr. Arfreick from the University of Arfreick publically stated, "If interested, we can produce a replica of the skeleton of Jonah's big fish for this museum for a reasonable price. We have the real skeleton stored safely in our storage. Please contact me privately to negotiate the price of the replica."

**Private to Promised Land from Mr. Arfreick**

We are interested in a replica of all the Biblical artifacts that you may have or come into receiving. We realize that they may be worth more than a replica of the fish, and we are willing to pay additional money for it. Please consider our offer. A replica of Jonah's fish plus money, in exchange for a replica of the Gutenburg Bible and possibly a replica of any Noah's Ark that the Western Republicans find.

However, we realize that money may not be of such a major importance to a museum if it relies on donations. Thus as a different option, we can also offer a real-time replica of the Holy Clock in place of the money. It will be in the form of a hologram projector that projects the entire clock, including its insides.

***Curator to Mr. Arfreik***

It is not just donations. We do get an income from the admission tickets, and the sale of books related to these subjects. We would be glad to give you a replica of the Gutenburg Bible for one of Jonah's fish. An even trade, if you will.

Somewhere in South Arabia

"Sir I coulda swore I saw something shiney in the dune over there."

"Soldier, go get your eyes checked. There's nothing there."

"But sir-"

"No buts. Go, right now befor- wait, now I saw it. Carter and Neilson, take Ford and Eckerman and go check it out."

"Sir! You might wanna call Columbis!"

"Why?"

"I think we've finally found it!"

" What?!?!"

" *static*"

"Carter?!?!?!?!? Come in! Carter!"

"Neilson here sir. Carter touched the gold thing, and she just fell over dead. No obvious wounds."

" I think I knw what it is. Gunny! Get the men ready to move out! We're gonna go get the Ark of the Covenant."

Three months later

***Classified-Above Top Secret: Yankee White Check Rquired to View***

To the curator of the Museum of Religion,

Altean soldiers ave found the best artifact you could have hoped for. Archaeologists have confirmed it's authenticity. It is none other than the Ark of the Covenant, Perhaps the holiest oblect in Judaism, and one of the most holy in Christianity. This letter is never to be declassified, and you are never to tell where you got it from. An unmarked cargo plane will be landing shortly in a nearby airport. It will have various items in it, but in a crate near the front of the cargo area, there will be a crate, with Altean Marines guarding it. Inside is the Ark. I repeat, never reveal where you got it from. This deserves to be displayed for the entire world to see.

Signed,

President Arkantos of Altea

***Curator to President Arkantos of Altea***

We pledge to never reveal the source of this find. however, we are unsure if such a thing is meant to be looked on. The Jewish and Christian representatives are alittle wary, and some might say, supersticious, of what might happen were they to put such a holy of holy artifacts on display for the world. However, rest assured we attempt to do what is best with this priceless artifact.

Viniland both congratulates and commends Promised Land on the construction of the museum. Like others have done, we will send a small committee headed by Archbishop José Cardoso Sobrinho, mostly to assist in providing information regarding Catholicism in Viniland, but also contributing facts about the role of smaller religious groups in our country.

"As with the others, they will be treated with respect, and every effort will be made to co-operate with them."

The Press Diplomat from The Kingdom of Prussia is highly offended that the Nordic religion is considered to be "under suspicion" since the fall of Greater Nordland.

The Religions of Odin, Perun, Thor, Freyja and many others are among the oldest in the world, rich in culture and history. The Kaiser himself is proud to be linked to the past in his religious methods and studies.

I do suppose we should be suspicious of Catholics now that the Roman Empire has fallen.

Heed this, Tolerance is built through respect and understanding, not suspicion and blatant prejudice.

"You misunderstand us, sir. It is not the government, but the general populace who mistrusts and fears these religions, due to the near fanatical fear and hatred of Nordland at its peak of power. That is why we made a specific point to include these belief systems. We hope that by having the information out in the public, we might create understanding, and lessen the intolerance and fear."

Though we do posess several old and unique artifacts of Christian, Nordic, and Native Scandinavian (Outside of Traditional Lore) stock, they are nothing of great interest. Nonetheless we offer our congratulations.

"Thank you. But believe us, no artifact is bemneath our interest."

OOC: Sarry, Sargun, I didn;t see that part of your post.

"We have discovered Noah's Ark. Would you like us to donate it?"

"You wouldn't mind if several scholars inspected it? No offense meant, but there have been many who have claimed to find that great ship of the years. Don't worry, the scholars will be careful. Where was it found?"

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

OOC: Sarry, Sargun, I didn;t see that part of your post.

"You wouldn't mind if several scholars inspected it? No offense meant, but there have been many who have claimed to find that great ship of the years. Don't worry, the scholars will be careful. Where was it found?"

OOC: 'tis okay

IC: "Ah, I apologize. The way I phrased it was more sarcastic than truthful. In reality, we believe we have found much of the Ark itself - though not all of it, and certainly not in one piece. While we are more than sure of the contents, we invite all from Promised Land's scientific community who wishes to see it to verify."

//flashback//

---

---

"Look, I'm just saying that we found it on the beac--"

"I don't give a damn what you think, Johnny," the agent said with disgust. "We found a National Geographic boat out there with pieces of wood, we found you 'miraculously' finding it and we found evidence of--"

"Whatever you have, it's wrong!"

---

It had been nearly fourty years ago, in the 60's. A National Geographic team had loaded up the "Ararat anomaly" and started sailing back towards their African headquarters for verification and study. While en route, they hit a freak wave and the ship capsized. Years later, the ship's hull was ripped open when the rocks supporting it slid, and the wood was released into the water.

//end flashback//

OOC: 'tis okay

IC: "Ah, I apologize. The way I phrased it was more sarcastic than truthful. In reality, we believe we have found much of the Ark itself - though not all of it, and certainly not in one piece. While we are more than sure of the contents, we invite all from Promised Land's scientific community who wishes to see it to verify."

OOC: Interesting contrast there...ALMOST seems like he's trying to take advantage of the curator and the benefactors...

IC: "It is not intact? Then it shall be very difficult to verify. You understand we can't honestly claim to have it if we only have several pieces of it."

***Curator to Mr. Arfreik***

It is not just donations. We do get an income from the admission tickets, and the sale of books related to these subjects. We would be glad to give you a replica of the Gutenburg Bible for one of Jonah's fish. An even trade, if you will.

**Private from Mr. Arfreick to Curator**

That sounds like a good deal. However, before we proceed, I would also like to address another artifact that is of interest to us.

The Sargunian mentioned Noah's Ark. What would you want in exchange for us to get a replica after they donate it? We have the Holy Clock.

Edited by XRCatD

OOC: Interesting contrast there...ALMOST seems like he's trying to take advantage of the curator and the benefactors...

IC: "It is not intact? Then it shall be very difficult to verify. You understand we can't honestly claim to have it if we only have several pieces of it."

OOC: except he's not =P

IC: "It's not intact yet. We're still putting the pieces back together. The length of the ship has already been estimated to put it in the general area that the Ark was measured at, but as we're still in the stages of recreation it is not fully verified. I will say with almost utmost certainty that when it is finished, there will be no doubt it is the Ark itself."

OOC2: for reals though I plan on making it the real one =P

**Private from Mr. Arfreick to Curator**

That sounds like a good deal. However, before we proceed, I would also like to address another artifact that is of interest to us.

The Sargunian mentioned Noah's Ark. What would you want in exchange for us to get a replica after they donate it? We have the Holy Clock.

***Private from the Curator to Mr. Arfreick***

The Holy clock and a modest monetary donation of maybe a few thousand Pounds Sterling, and we would be glad to make the exchange.

OOC: except he's not =P

IC: "It's not intact yet. We're still putting the pieces back together. The length of the ship has already been estimated to put it in the general area that the Ark was measured at, but as we're still in the stages of recreation it is not fully verified. I will say with almost utmost certainty that when it is finished, there will be no doubt it is the Ark itself."

OOC2: for reals though I plan on making it the real one =P

OOC 1 & 2: Oh. OK.

IC: "Oh, ok, in that case, you wouldn't mind the scholars still inspecting it during the reconstruction, would you?"

President Ned of Nedland thinks that this Museum sounds very interesting. Perhaps he shall visit it if he ever visits Promised Land.

"We sincerely hope you do! We believe he will be impressed by the impartiality with which all religions are treated here."