Effect of a full compliment of nukes on Nation Enviro score?

schmutte693

Yep, exactly. Your environment is also hurt by one point for choosing the government position supporting nukes (of course, the power plants option carries this same penalty, so switching from power plants to nukes won't worsen your environment).

With an environment enhancing Government and 2 Border Walls, my enviornment is the standard 1+GRL (Global Radiation Level).

Can environment ever be better than 1+GRL ?

If you have radiation cleanup, GRL goes / 2

That's the lowest it can be.

Yep, exactly. Your environment is also hurt by one point for choosing the government position supporting nukes (of course, the power plants option carries this same penalty, so switching from power plants to nukes won't worsen your environment).

I believe this is incorrect. There is no penalty for selecting option 2 or 3. The environmental damage is done by having a Uranium trade and/or the nukes themselves, not the government position itself.

20 nukes has a 2 environment point penalty I believe, 0.1 per nuke.

I used to think this, but then realised it was 0.05 per nuke while buying up nukes when my own calc was showing the wrong environment values, changing it to this corrected it.

Edit: But I also recall ppl like Syzergy saying it was 0.1 so I wonder if perhaps the penalty per nuke is doubled when you have over 20 nukes? Just guessing, I'll test this with some other HNMS nations on IRC sometime...

I believe this is incorrect. There is no penalty for selecting option 2 or 3. The environmental damage is done by having a Uranium trade and/or the nukes themselves, not the government position itself.

The gov options 2 and 3 do give a penalty of 1 env point, anyone without nukes will be able to test this out for themselves and if you don't have nukes but have uranium it can be used it to gain a temporary population advantage when buying improvs. The uranium trade and nukes give penalties on top of this.

Edited by Chairman Cao

The gov options 2 and 3 do give a penalty of 1 env point, anyone without nukes will be able to test this out for themselves and if you don't have nukes but have uranium it can be used it to gain a temporary population advantage when buying improvs. The uranium trade and nukes give penalties on top of this.

This is correct, there is a penalty of 1 point if your government position for nukes is set to 2 or 3. There is also a penalty of 1 point if you import Uranium. Every nuke inflicts a penalty of .1 point so 20 nukes means a penalty of 2. This means that a nation with 20 nukes and importing Uranium will suffer a penalty of 4 environment points compared to another resource (except Coal / Oil).

This is correct, there is a penalty of 1 point if your government position for nukes is set to 2 or 3. There is also a penalty of 1 point if you import Uranium. Every nuke inflicts a penalty of .1 point so 20 nukes means a penalty of 2. This means that a nation with 20 nukes and importing Uranium will suffer a penalty of 4 environment points compared to another resource (except Coal / Oil).

Unless the nation has uranium as a native, in which case it is not penalized.

edit: I see you said "importing" :P

Edited by alden peterson