CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: But you immediately knew where the boats were in the dead of night, it's as though you had some sort of tracking device on my ships or something. Small harbors for fishing boats don't exactly have customs either and ships enter and leave all the time without having the police suddenly show up. Even at DEFCON 1/2. Never mind the fact that, wouldn't most of your soldiers and navy be busy invading Raochin instead of going off chasing 17-19 year olds in a party boat as potential spies?

OOC: But you immediately knew where the boats were in the dead of night, it's as though you had some sort of tracking device on my ships or something. Small harbors for fishing boats don't exactly have customs either and ships enter and leave all the time without having the police suddenly show up. Even at DEFCON 1/2. Never mind the fact that, wouldn't most of your soldiers and navy be busy invading Raochin instead of going off chasing 17-19 year olds in a party boat as potential spies?

The fact that I wasn't yet at war with Raochin when you tried your stunt helps. :v:

Even if it's in the dead of night there is still a full staff of people watching the border. You docked in a port, meaning you docked in a city. As soon as you stopped moving and logged your arrival you were checked. That's how it goes. It doesn't matter where you port, illegal entry is illegal entry - and you did it in a populated area.

OOC: I suppose that is true. But really (and this is an OOC bit) you siezed a cargo ship and declared individuals to be spies because they were carrying a statue of your leader on board an illegal ship :P. I think the fact that the police even got involved is amazing, but the fact that you knew where they were and what nationality they were ect. It just goes beyond belief.

A boat lands in my land generally =/= A boat with spies has arrived! Quick, call the cops.

OOC: I suppose that is true. But really (and this is an OOC bit) you siezed a cargo ship and declared individuals to be spies because they were carrying a statue of your leader on board an illegal ship :P. I think the fact that the police even got involved is amazing, but the fact that you knew where they were and what nationality they were ect. It just goes beyond belief.

A boat lands in my land generally =/= A boat with spies has arrived! Quick, call the cops.

Actually, I never said you were spies. I just detained you and are (or will be) questioning your guys.

Any person entering Carthage illegally is declared a spy until it is determined what they're doing. You also did not specify what the cargo was in the thread. :v:

oh yeah, and citizens from the Aether Empire entering my country means that we assume they're Aether Empire spies :P

Edited by Sargun

It's not illegal, but its nothing something you'd want put up in a populated region of the city if you were your national leader. If we'd of RP'd the event more thoroughly perhaps I would have done so. And it's well foreshadowed in the first post.

I have one small minor point to bring up. I see nothing wrong with what Sargun and RA have done but I feel that maybe a slight change should be used for future incidents like such. What I mean is that instead of people saying that they have taken the boat over and its crew hostage, they attempt to its a small change but important as the former doesn't allow the boat RPer to react.

Just a quick question where did either of you say you were detaining all ships entering any port before he went in? Its really bad business to just close all your ports to any random ship entering. I don't even do that, not even now when I'm at war with Lavo. I understand Lavo as he is in a state of readiness, plus he's actually able to stop them at the canals, but Sargun you just stopped them because OOCly you knew they were spy's.

Also a better way would to simply stop the boats, question them, and let them get a chance to get government permission to go through rather than immediately assuming they're spy's. If they have no suspicious cargo, their stories check out, and they don't try to kill you in the process of interrogation, you have no real reason to detain them ICly.

Edited by Lord Zephyr

Just a quick question where did either of you say you were detaining all ships entering any port before he went in? Its really bad business to just close all your ports to any random ship entering. I don't even do that, not even now when I'm at war with Lavo. I understand Lavo as he is in a state of readiness, plus he's actually able to stop them at the canals, but Sargun you just stopped them because OOCly you knew they were spy's.

He entered a port so his cargo will be checked.

He entered a port so his cargo will be checked.

To give him credit, I don't think ant nation has the resources to police every port from every massive city to puny village. He could have easily landed in a tiny, rural inlet, rather than a massive port city.

That all said though, Zarfef, he could have picked you up out in the open ocean. The whole thing could have been RPed in a bit more detail.

To give him credit, I don't think ant nation has the resources to police every port from every massive city to puny village. He could have easily landed in a tiny, rural inlet, rather than a massive port city.

That all said though, Zarfef, he could have picked you up out in the open ocean. The whole thing could have been RPed in a bit more detail.

Dranagg has the resources to police every Dranaggan port :v:

There's only two. :lol1: