CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woah, Woah, I own Megan Fox, and I'm not giving her up.

I was reading through mykep's RPs and it seemed like she was his since they moved in at that dock you both created considering they got divorced (yes I did research).

But I'm not here to step on anyone's toes, I just like to follow the story and I'm all about continuation rather than just jump in. I'll leave her to you.

Can I have the daughter though?

I know it was said that the terminators wouldn't really work but could some one explain why the andro synths wouldn't be feasible please?

For reference here is a picture.

Terminator3-07.jpg

Because Science.

:V

But seriously, androids like that would require insane technological capabilities, way above what we have right now.

Because Science.

But seriously, androids like that would require insane technological capabilities, way above what we have right now.

:( Really? Even if they used materials from today and things like servo's in the lesg and arms to get them to move and nothing more than a simple IFF system and micro computer system to function.

Yea If you noticed I don't know much about robots etc I just think they would look and be cool to write about. In stat terms they would just function as any normal soldiers think that would be ok?

Oh, well does Sir Keshav still play?

Yes. ;)

:( Really? Even if they used materials from today and things like servo's in the lesg and arms to get them to move and nothing more than a simple IFF system and micro computer system to function.

Yea If you noticed I don't know much about robots etc I just think they would look and be cool to write about. In stat terms they would just function as any normal soldiers think that would be ok?

I think the main problem anyone will have with them is the fact that it's considered impossible even by near future standards to create a machine that can think creatively and intelligently.

Because Science.

Well...I'd reckon that they were probably made in the 2010s-2020s time period, so for relatively advanced nations like Rebel Army and Viniland, it wouldn't be too far off. But then, they're fictional, so... :P

Edited by JEDCJT

Well...I'd reckon that they were probably made in the 2010s-2020s time period, so for relatively advanced nations like Rebel Army and Viniland, it wouldn't be too far off. But then, they're fictional, so... :P

Latest movie out is set in 2004 :o.

Yes. ;)

I think the main problem anyone will have with them is the fact that it's considered impossible even by near future standards to create a machine that can think creatively and intelligently.

They wouldn't be that smart. They would be able to move around stuff and shoot anything that was hostile on IFF. No talking, very basic tactics, no self awareness etc I don't see any real problem with it

:(

Edited by King Kevz

They wouldn't be that smart. They would be able to move around stuff and shoot anything that was hostile on IFF. No talking, very basic tactics, no self awareness etc I don't see any real problem with it

:(

Money money money.

It would take plently of R&D time and funds, funds to make a very complicated factory, funds for materials, etc. Way cheaper to field soilders with and/or tanks and/or aircraft. One or two of your regular well-trained soilders could easily kill it.

Its like walkers; it could work, but just not worth the time.

Money money money.

It would take plently of R&D time and funds, funds to make a very complicated factory, funds for materials, etc. Way cheaper to field soilders with and/or tanks and/or aircraft. One or two of your regular well-trained soilders could easily kill it.

Its like walkers; it could work, but just not worth the time.

But its cool and the materials wouldn't cost that much anyhow I think considering it will probally be a mix of steel and aluminium. The factory might be complicated to begin with but I still think it wouldn't take too long if they built it one by one. Considering people are building or have built entire fleets of rail gun armed ships I can't see this being too much of a problem?

But its cool and the materials wouldn't cost that much anyhow I think considering it will probally be a mix of steel and aluminium. The factory might be complicated to begin with but I still think it wouldn't take too long if they built it one by one. Considering people are building or have built entire fleets of rail gun armed ships I can't see this being too much of a problem?

Railguns are actually very simple technology, the single problem being the power source.

Railguns need humongous amounts of power, and thus can only be eomployed as stationary emplacements or on ships with the necessary power generating capabilities - such as battleships.

Similarly, your robots/cyborgs would have issues with power. They could at most function for an hour or so before needing to replenish batteries, unless they have a portable power plant with them that can power them.

Which is unlikely, because the only ones that would be strong enough are fission and fusion. Former Canada had immense advancements in fission technology, building a nuclear plant that was a mere 20 or so tons heavy and less than 3 cubic metres in size. Those are now in possession of Tahoe and Viniland, who could thus feasibly employ tanks with railguns.

Cyborgs or Robots? No way. The power generation stays the single biggest issue, unless you magically invent batteries that can power it for days. Additionally! The robots would need to be remote-controlled, and it is very likely that a hit or two in the torso would make it fall down, because even today it's hard to get a robot on two legs reliable while walking, let alone while running.

I could add about a billion other reasons, but I'm just going to say, once and for all, that even the most modern nations in CNRP would have a hard time fielding a robot army.

Edit: So IF you can build a robot army...How much does one soldier cost? Sophisticated computer components, joints, materials, power source, et cetera.

Easily above 300,000$, while a modern US-Army recruit costs mere 70,000 in the 12 basic weeks of training. Robots also add additional logistical problems, such as spare parts, repairing/salvage teams, making sure they're fueled and so on.

Humans are simply superior to robot soldiers. Human reproduction is cheaper, though it takes longer, but a hundred human soldiers are trained quickly, while the assembly of a single robot soldier may take days - days in which a human can learn to use a gun and then be used as militia.

Metal is harder, stronger, faster.

Flesh is determined, reliable (if trained), easily 'assembled' (trained), amongst other things. Most importantly: A human is comparatively cheap.

Edited by Lynneth

Railguns are actually very simple technology, the single problem being the power source.

Railguns need humongous amounts of power, and thus can only be eomployed as stationary emplacements or on ships with the necessary power generating capabilities - such as battleships.

Similarly, your robots/cyborgs would have issues with power. They could at most function for an hour or so before needing to replenish batteries, unless they have a portable power plant with them that can power them.

Which is unlikely, because the only ones that would be strong enough are fission and fusion. Former Canada had immense advancements in fission technology, building a nuclear plant that was a mere 20 or so tons heavy and less than 3 cubic metres in size. Those are now in possession of Tahoe and Viniland, who could thus feasibly employ tanks with railguns.

Cyborgs or Robots? No way. The power generation stays the single biggest issue, unless you magically invent batteries that can power it for days. Additionally! The robots would need to be remote-controlled, and it is very likely that a hit or two in the torso would make it fall down, because even today it's hard to get a robot on two legs reliable while walking, let alone while running.

I could add about a billion other reasons, but I'm just going to say, once and for all, that even the most modern nations in CNRP would have a hard time fielding a robot army.

Oh I see well considering that rail guns havn't been built today who knows what problems could occur in the future once we do start mass producing them. Whats to say they can't solve the problem with the stability of robots? I know there are problems but all I ask is to use some as my soldiers its not too much to ask is it?

Hmm hows this then for the idea.

Rather than have a full army of them I will have say 50 max. The will be built like they are from the movie but only have a life time of an hour after which they will shut down and need to be recovered. Weaponary will be made up of light support weapons so grenade launchers, machine guns etc and wielded two handed not one handed like the movies. Computer programming will consist of only making the unit move and shoot anything that is hostile on the IFF. The main purpose of them is for shock and awe tactics, they are a little bit more resistant than flesh and are fearless so will go into fire humans wouldn't.

Would that be ok?

Hmm hows this then for the idea.

Rather than have a full army of them I will have say 50 max. The will be built like they are from the movie but only have a life time of an hour after which they will shut down and need to be recovered. Weaponary will be made up of light support weapons so grenade launchers, machine guns etc and wielded two handed not one handed like the movies. Computer programming will consist of only making the unit move and shoot anything that is hostile on the IFF. The main purpose of them is for shock and awe tactics, they are a little bit more resistant than flesh and are fearless so will go into fire humans wouldn't.

Would that be ok?

Well if you want to practically waste billions I wouldn't see a problem with it.

Well if you want to practically waste billions I wouldn't see a problem with it.

Hmm, let's see what he'll have to do...

Research the main bodies, the programming, get them to work together properly, make them able to identify enemies, et cetera.

Equip them with guns.

Keep them fueled/powered, transport them (they're much heavier than humans, obviously), repair/upkeep them, keep spareparts ready and a lot of other things I probably can't think of.

All in all, the project may cost anywhere from 100 million to 5+ billion. A lot of money for 50 units, and there's better possibilities for "Shock and Awe".

Hmm, let's see what he'll have to do...

Research the main bodies, the programming, get them to work together properly, make them able to identify enemies, et cetera.

Equip them with guns.

Keep them fueled/powered, transport them (they're much heavier than humans, obviously), repair/upkeep them, keep spareparts ready and a lot of other things I probably can't think of.

All in all, the project may cost anywhere from 100 million to 5+ billion. A lot of money for 50 units, and there's better possibilities for "Shock and Awe".

I know it's unlikely to ever happen but if well rp'd and it is possible there is no reason to stop someone.