CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, IG= IC

Therefore, moon colonies exist in IC once released in IG no matter what. You have it IG then its there in IC and no I don't think you need much a RP backlog as you have it IG.

*My two cents*

No offense but that is a terrible idea sorry but it is. If the game developers brought out super killing whirly robots of death in game do you really think it would make sense to have it in character. CNRP is based on the game but is not Cybernations if you want IG = IC go to the other rp forum.

No offense but that is a terrible idea sorry but it is. If the game developers brought out super killing whirly robots of death in game do you really think it would make sense to have it in character. CNRP is based on the game but is not Cybernations if you want IG = IC go to the other rp forum.

It has always been IG = IC. Always.

Always.

Al to the ways.

Ways after al.

So are saved states abolished or not? Just curious, I never heard a ruling on that.

You're not the only one. The GM's have yet to announce their decision.

Eh, IG= IC

Therefore, moon colonies exist in IC once released in IG no matter what. You have it IG then its there in IC and no I don't think you need much a RP backlog as you have it IG.

*My two cents*

Always.

Al to the ways.

Ways after al.

Yea,

CNRP follows IG always. Ever since I joined at least and mind you that was June 2008, so please save it for some new guy, I know my CNRP and the rules as well. If I have the wonder, poof i have it in RP, its been like that always.

Actually, in a few cases we have agreed that IG does not directly equal RP.

For example, we are allowed to RP nuclear power plants before having one IG, and having one IG allows us to RP more advanced power sources.

Always.

Al to the ways.

Ways after al.

Well Sargun, it has always been the norm because none of the IG features were IRL impossibilities (save MAYBE the SDI, but that's feasible, not impossible).

Martian colonies are a complete impossibility, even with a futuristic outlook (although moon bases are not), so I'm contesting their IC legitimacy even if they are featured IG.

Well Sargun, it has always been the norm because none of the IG features were IRL impossibilities (save MAYBE the SDI, but that's feasible, not impossible).

Martian colonies are a complete impossibility, even with a futuristic outlook (although moon bases are not), so I'm contesting their IC legitimacy even if they are featured IG.

Even though it seems likely that we will have a Mars Base before 2050? Ares goes up in a few years, and the Mars missions start after we have a moon base.

Edited by Arkantos

Even though it seems likely that we will have a Mars Base before 2050? Ares goes up in a few years, and the Mars missions start after we have a moon base.

...even though... even though... We don't have the slightest idea how to realistically cooperate with the Martian environment and atmosphere? It's much, much farther than just forty years.

Yea,

CNRP follows IG always. Ever since I joined at least and mind you that was June 2008, so please save it for some new guy, I know my CNRP and the rules as well. If I have the wonder, poof i have it in RP, its been like that always.

I disagree. For something like that, there should be RP backing. Sure, I'd say you need to have the wonder IG before youn can have it IC, but you should still RP it, rather that say "I HAZ MOONBASE!!!" That's crap. It's like all the stuff involving spies, just because it exists IG doesn't mean you don't have to RP it. <_<

...even though... even though... We don't have the slightest idea how to realistically cooperate with the Martian environment and atmosphere? It's much, much farther than just forty years.

We can operate robots perfectly fine from Earth - perhaps the Mars Base wouldn't be so much of a complex base as a base of operations? The "colony" would be a manned mission with trained people attempting to test different theories in order to actually interact with Mars? I'm saying like a prototype - extremely professional astronauts, primarily robotic stations, with expensive shuttling to and from Mars (the high cost in-game would come into play here: the amount of money used to keep the base up), things like that.

Well, we're going to Mars, and once you're there, you're stuck for up to a year.

No, having one IG allows fusion power.

Fission is allowed for everyone because it's so goddamn common worldwide.

Fusion is allowed for those who have the NPP wonder. That's what is established.

Regarding the moonbases and stuff: I for one would, for once, prefer to distance myself from the exact wonders. Moonbases, sure. I've built those with a huge load of RP, and anyone else trying it should do lots of RP, too. Even more so without the reliable help of a space elevator, which I too built with quite a bit of RP. Bases and Elevator are in Lavo's hands, though.

Now, Mars colonies/bases?

Highly unlikely to be permanent. IF any are built IRL, they'll be temporary until we can find a way to reliably send stuff into space and then quickly send it to Mars. This would require very powerful fusion drives (fusion torches, for example), which evidently only nations with an NPP could feasibly construct. However, once again a lot of RP would need to go into that. Sure, you don't have to actually design the fusion drives, but unless you do at least several posts about it and the surrounding research, I'm not gonna recognise it.

Mega-projects NEED roleplay, regardless of wonders or not. This includes, but is not limited to: Fusion power, moon/mars missions (and up, which obviously includes colonies/bases), massive ships (well above the size of a modern carrier), genetic projects.

This is all my opinion, of course, but I'm entitled to having it.

Edit: Don't forget that the current CNRP techscale goes only to 2020/25!

Edited by Lynneth

You're not the only one. The GM's have yet to announce their decision.

Wasn't that the reason Hawk (And Mercy too) was put out of the GM job, that he was far from the most active member of the community, and hence couldn't get much done? I may be making that up, but it sounds right in my head...

Wasn't that the reason Hawk (And Mercy too) was put out of the GM job, that he was far from the most active member of the community, and hence couldn't get much done? I may be making that up, but it sounds right in my head...

I don;t think the Mods gave a reason as to why they removed those GM's.

I'm not even certain why they removed me, but I can take a few guesses.

I don;t think the Mods gave a reason as to why they removed those GM's.

I'm not even certain why they removed me, but I can take a few guesses.

I went back, and there was no specified reason given, but it seems inactivity was the heart of the issue.

Also, I have no clue why you were removed, you did a good, fair job. My guess is that it was just to mix things up a bit ^_^

EDIT: But if a mod sees this, I would really support the appointment of a third, more active GM

Edited by Il Terra Di Agea