CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

Note that I already posted the descriptions in my post on page 91.

Oh...whoops... *grins sheepishly* :blush:

I didn't know LW was filtered on here.

All other browser-based games are filtered.

Anything is believable depending on how gullible your audiance is. [insert anti-religion joke here]

But we're talking realistically believable, not supernatural stuff here.

My last point still stands. This isnt LW. I'm aware there are other planets but our countries aren't built on them.

No, but if it's ingame, it at least has an equivalent here in CNRP, even if it's not exactly the same.

To your first request. No thank you. Nice caps btw.

Second, $%&@ @#$%^ and &%$#@ It's not about @#$#& or &$#@ or even @#$% so stop with all the @#$&%#$#%@@$#@@!

I think both you and Sargun need to calm down. that's way too many filtered words between you two. :P

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So let me get this right if someone has the space program and the money needed and buys say a Mars Colony how do you explain that IC if they are third world tech level or even modern level.

Years and years of work.

Years and years of work.

That doesn't really work. I can build a mars colony but I can't build a modern tank, if I was third world nation. Seriously if we are going to allow Mars Colonies and stuff then you might as well allow laser weapons and such.

subtle, !@#$ $%&@ rhinocerous !@#$%^& !@#$%* buckets of steel !@#$%*es

*raises eyebrow* I think someone needs their mouth washed out, and then a time-out. *brings out the soap*

That doesn't really work. I can build a mars colony but I can't build a modern tank, if I was third world nation. Seriously if we are going to allow Mars Colonies and stuff then you might as well allow laser weapons and such.

I hate to admit it on this subject, but Kevz has a point--it is a difficult thing to explain. Is there some equivalent we can think of?

Perhaps not a mars colony, as RL we don't have the technology to do even a moon colony yet. Perhaps we can RP visiting Mars, then coming back? Like, experiments to see how one would set up a future colony on Mars?

Perhaps not a mars colony, as RL we don't have the technology to do even a moon colony yet. Perhaps we can RP visiting Mars, then coming back? Like, experiments to see how one would set up a future colony on Mars?

That's more plausible, of course, though we still need to come up with an equivalent for the less-developed nations, too.

What is the stats needed for the space program?

No requirements for the space program, but at $200,000,000+, most smaller nations won't buy one. (Obviously the price in the thread aren't finalized, but it will be very expensive.)

Edited by iKrolm

Ohhai I don't care it isn't !@#$%*. It is in-game. Kthxbai

That's getting old, you can drop it now please. Thanks. Anyway, since it's not in the game yet, and we don't have all the have details, that means it's not in rp yet.

Edited by Justinian the Mighty

Say someone does though how do you explain the fact that a nation that can't even build modern tanks can build a space program?

Borrow old tech from established nations. Anyway, no small nation will be buying one anyway, the price tag's way too big.

That's getting old, you can drop it now please. Thanks. Anyway, since it's not in the game yet, and we don't have all the have details, that means it's not in rp yet.

Exactly why we're hashing it out now.

Borrow old tech from established nations. Anyway, no small nation will be buying one anyway, the price tag's way too big.

err...good point there. :D

Whining, !@#$%*ing and all sorts of BAWWWWWWWWWing is going to come with it, but because it'll eventually be in the game wouldn't you rather hash it out now than later when people are actually doing the RPs?

Different question. Does anyone know what the possibilty of a terminator like event happening either now in modern time or in the future. In otherwords what I am asking is would it be possible for a first world nation to build and intelligant and sentient AI system and would it be possible to build those endo skeletons that the terminators are and I mean just the endo skeletons not the weird vehicle like things they use?

Different question. Does anyone know what the possibilty of a terminator like event happening either now in modern time or in the future. In otherwords what I am asking is would it be possible for a first world nation to build and intelligant and sentient AI system and would it be possible to build those endo skeletons that the terminators are and I mean just the endo skeletons not the weird vehicle like things they use?

While the computers that I, Lavo, V and Reimer use would possibly be extremely powerful, simulating the human mind is impossible. By 2040-50, computers will have a similar computing capability as the brain.

While the brain keeps being too complicated. I'd estimate the first 'true' AI to be made well after 2070, if ever.

It depends. I don't think you'll really ever make a super powerful, sentient AI computer, there are other possibilities that can give a similar result. I know that Uberstein and Iamthey both have AIs in their countries (Uberstein's is the old remnant of a project that built three other AIs that became at least a bit homicidal if not completely bat-!@#$. Iamthey's was made in a thread a while back.) To my understanding though, these are massive, burly computers that would never fit into a small thing like a body, and have little to no use on the outside world.

(I'm sure about Ubie's, Iamthey's may not be around anymore, I don't know)

That all said, scientists have built Hybrots, essentially robots that read the firing of neurons as movement, that have essentially learned. I just recently did an RP where a scientist took a few human brains from recently dead bodies, used some real science to bring them to a state of sort of life, and filled it full of little nodes to make it essentially a human brain that, rather than being connected by nerves to limbs, was connected by wires to... robot limbs. That, though, would have an awful rate of success, and would be limited to the computing power of an average person... who is probably drunk too.