CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I am looking for you wonderful people to help me. I am looking for information on a virus that would make people go berserk and start killing people in a out of control rage. I don't want anything zombie like such as Left 4 Dead or Resident Evil just some sort of virus that makes people attack others in a rage and makes them shrug off bullet wounds until they suffer too much body damage.

Ok I am looking for you wonderful people to help me. I am looking for information on a virus that would make people go berserk and start killing people in a out of control rage. I don't want anything zombie like such as Left 4 Dead or Resident Evil just some sort of virus that makes people attack others in a rage and makes them shrug off bullet wounds until they suffer too much body damage.

I read about something like this a while ago, but I'm having trouble finding it.

Give me a second, I'll edit if I find it.

EDIT: Alright, I can't find anything real, but some disease that messes with your brain's chemicals, and forces you to produce more serotonin, or inhibits your ability to absorb it, would turn any human into a mindless killing machine, ready to beat, disembowel and maim anything nearby.

EDIT 2: Also, the increased serotonin levels would also make them see pretty colors, and probably kill them after a certain level is reached (Mind though, that there is a certain toxic level, so the disease would have to slowly increase the levels, making them progressively more rage filled, until the top off by dropping dead)

Edited by Il Terra Di Agea

I read about something like this a while ago, but I'm having trouble finding it.

Give me a second, I'll edit if I find it.

Cool thank you man it is much appreciated I just want to do a virus outbreak that doesn't copy Mael's as that is just lame copying people and second isn't like a zombie outbreak.

Ok brilliant thank you very much I wonder what to call the virus though got any ideas?

Edited by King Kevz

You can try a mutated strand of rabies.

I know House wouldn't like me saying this, but it could be Lupus. In certain cases, mania and psychosis can be symptoms.

Ah ok but make sure you don't say anything that will get you in trouble I don't want that :( So name the virus Lupus then?

Ah ok but make sure you don't say anything that will get you in trouble I don't want that :( So name the virus Lupus then?

No, it's a joke. On the show House, he hates when people assume a disease is Lupus. But moving on, you can call it whatever you want. The thing is, Lupus is autoimmune, so you need a cause for the white blood cells to attack other cells. You could have a toxin or virus that hides in the cells that are attacked. Here, you can read up on the disease. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Systemic_lupus_erythematosus

No, it's a joke. On the show House, he hates when people assume a disease is Lupus. But moving on, you can call it whatever you want. The thing is, Lupus is autoimmune, so you need a cause for the white blood cells to attack other cells. You could have a toxin or virus that hides in the cells that are attacked. Here, you can read up on the disease. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Systemic_lupus_erythematosus

Ah I see I am only about 1/2 way through season two of House still might use something different to Lupus then make it made up but something believableish. Maybe give it some fancuy name like Virus DX451 as it will be military produced.

Ah I see I am only about 1/2 way through season two of House still might use something different to Lupus then make it made up but something believableish. Maybe give it some fancuy name like Virus DX451 as it will be military produced.

Maybe. Another possiblilty is a condition called Ergotism. It makes you really crazy (people think that it was why there was the witch scare in Salem). It isn't transmissible from direct infection though. You have to eat a fungus, so you could do something with poisoned grains.

Edited by KaiserMelech Mikhail

Maybe. Another possiblilty is a condition called Ergotism. It makes you really crazy (people think that it was why there was the witch scare in Salem). It isn't transmissible from direct infection though. You have to eat a fungus, so you could do something with poisoned grains.

I like it as one of my nations primary IG resources is wheat, the other being water >.<, and so I could say that a mutated version of Ergotism got out into the wheat/grain suppliers and its made people go berserk and the police and army are trying to contain it.

I like it as one of my nations primary IG resources is wheat, the other being water >.<, and so I could say that a mutated version of Ergotism got out into the wheat/grain suppliers and its made people go berserk and the police and army are trying to contain it.

Trying to follow in nmy footsteps without seeming to, Kevz? :P

http://www.cybernations.net/about_topics.asp#Wonders

# Mars Base - Coming Soon - Reduces infrastructure cost and bills -3%. Provides a gradually increasing happiness bonus that peaks at +6 happiness at the end of the life of the wonder. Expires at 1,200 days. Cannot build Moon wonders if you build Mars wonders. Requires Space Program.

# Mars Mine - Coming Soon - Provides access to a randomly selected resource of Basalt, Sodium, Magnesium, or Potassium. Provides a gradually increasing happiness bonus that peaks at +4 happiness at the end of the life of the wonder. Expires at 900 days. Relocating your Mars Mine randomly selects a new mining resource. Cannot build Moon wonders if you build Mars wonders. Requires Space Program and Mars Base.

# Mars Colony - Coming Soon - Stores 6% of citizen count at time of purchase. Provides a gradually increasing happiness bonus that peaks at +4 happiness at the end of the life of the wonder. Expires at 900 days. Cannot build Moon wonders if you build Mars wonders. Requires Space Program and Mars Base.

# Moon Base - Coming Soon - Reduces infrastructure cost and bills -4%. Provides +5 happiness that degrades over the life of the wonder. Expires at 600 days. Cannot build Mars wonders if you build Moon wonders. Requires Space Program.

# Moon Mine - Coming Soon - Increases population income by $3.00 for the resources Furs, Rubber, Lead & Gold that your nation has access to. Provides +3 happiness that degrades over the life of the wonder. Expires at 300 days. Cannot build Mars wonders if you build Moon wonders. Requires Space Program and Moon Base.

# Moon Colony - Coming Soon - Stores 8% of citizen count at time of purchase. Provides +3 happiness that degrades over the life of the wonder. Expires at 300 days. Cannot build Mars wonders if you build Moon wonders. Requires Space Program and Moon Base.

What are these shenanigans?

How will this affect CNRP?

Discuss! (in civility)

Just remember that it will take a very, very long time to roleplay the mars stuff (meaning that development will need to be roleplayed for a least a real-life year, even if not activly RP'ed). The moon stuff can occur earlier, like in half a RL year. Plus it will cost a lot of money...

Just remember that it will take a very, very long time to roleplay the mars stuff (meaning that development will need to be roleplayed for a least a real-life year, even if not activly RP'ed). The moon stuff can occur earlier, like in half a RL year. Plus it will cost a lot of money...

Fun Fact: Lavo has (thanks to me) already a moonbase in construction. Research bases mostly, but they're there.

lol

Love my extensive space RP as Canada.

Also, the wonders expire?

LOLWUT

Edited by Lynneth

Fun Fact: Lavo has (thanks to me) already a moonbase in construction. Research bases mostly, but they're there.

lol

Love my extensive space RP as Canada.

Also, the wonders expire?

LOLWUT

Yep. The Moon stuff after about 1-2 years, and the Mars stuff lasts twice as long.

IMHO, since you can only have either Mars Bases or Moon Bases, we should just make all of those wonders be Moon colonies or something of the sorts - although there could be some differences. Mars settlements are hundreds of years beyond us.

Not really, when you think about it. We are capable of making craft that could potentially make it with a live crew in about half a year.