CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's doing it for the story, which, in the end, is all that CNRP is about; even those that play CNRP as if it were a giant game of Risk. You're still crafting a story. The limits that he has imposed upon himself, are under what he could have. It wouldn't be that hard for him to purchase these things in game (he already has the soldier requirements, and an aid burst of 3mil would easily get him the aircraft, too). Again, it's within his power to RP these as he could easily have these IG (the navy, not so much, but even still.)

Aside from that, even his navy could be sunk by a single fighter aircraft. His entire purpose for this, is for story. The accepted rule of CNRP, was, if I recall, was that he can do whatever he wants with his nation - you don't have to recognize his nation. Lynneth has a bunch of futuristic !@#$, and you don't have to recognize it, even if he provides stuff with adequate backing of it. If you choose to RP with him, then, it would be at your discretion to recognize his limits, or you could work something out. In a closed RP, people can have whatever they want - so long as the people within the RP agree to.

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1290270189' post='2518221']
I really do not agree to this ruling, not that it matters as a ruling is the final word.
Everybody else has to play by the rules, either in Bothamode or in standard CNRP mode.
This should be no different imo.

IG>CNRP
[/quote]

Wait wait wait... YOU'RE saying that he shouldn't be able to have any navy because he doesn't have them IG, right? Interesting.

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=349000 <-- That's your nation. As of this posting, you have ZERO naval vessels. And yet you have said repeatedly on IRC that you have three fleets of naval vessels. By your own posting here, you have zero naval vessels. I look forward to you changing your tune, hypocrite.

[quote name='dotCom' timestamp='1290301289' post='2518602']
Hmm, so even though he has zero technology and 560 infrastructure, he gets a navy.

I'm compelled to do the same--surely, with 50 tech and 1400 infrastructure, I should be able to get away with it as well.
[/quote]

As long as you use stuff that is easily taken out by a real navy you could always do that.

[quote name='dotCom' timestamp='1290301289' post='2518602']
Hmm, so even though he has zero technology and 560 infrastructure, he gets a navy.

I'm compelled to do the same--surely, with 50 tech and 1400 infrastructure, I should be able to get away with it as well.
[/quote]
Way to completely miss my point. -_-

I'm just going to come out and say that while I do find some truth in Bio's words about RP and story, yadda yadda... the pro J Andrean sentiment seems to scream sweet-hearting. I don't know who this guy is, and I'm sure he's a nice guy and all.... but I doubt that we'd be singing the same tune if someone like LVN suddenly came back to CNRP.

Edited by Executive Minister

Guys, instead of being at each other's throats why dont you consider my suggestion. Let him RP them as his coast guard. Sure, he can call them his Navy, as I am sure Papua New Guinea calls its police boats a navy, but for all CNRP purposes they are there for non combat purposes with even a corvette being able to take it down.

This need not be an issue seeking GM resolutions, but just conforming to existing CNRP rules that do cater for such a situation.

[quote name='king of cochin' timestamp='1290313765' post='2518789']
Guys, instead of being at each other's throats why dont you consider my suggestion. Let him RP them as his coast guard. Sure, he can call them his Navy, as I am sure Papua New Guinea calls its police boats a navy, but for all CNRP purposes they are there for non combat purposes with even a corvette being able to take it down.

This need not be an issue seeking GM resolutions, but just conforming to existing CNRP rules that do cater for such a situation.
[/quote]
Most sensible solution thus far.

[quote name='Biohazard' timestamp='1290313269' post='2518776']
That's because we know LVN would try to get around it; and, he wouldn't ask for that. He'd ask for like, half of his nuclear arsenal back.
[/quote]

Alright, some random new comer. Would we make concessions, however reasonable or small they may be, to him?

[quote name='Executive Minister' timestamp='1290313942' post='2518796']
Alright, some random new comer. Would we make concessions, however reasonable or small they may be, to him?
[/quote]
Personally, I'd like to. It lets them test the waters a bit, and helps prepare them for when they do become bigger (if they choose to stay.) I do know, however, that almost no one would want to agree to it.

[quote name='Biohazard' timestamp='1290314039' post='2518798']
Personally, I'd like to. It lets them test the waters a bit, and helps prepare them for when they do become bigger (if they choose to stay.) I do know, however, that almost no one would want to agree to it.
[/quote]

And now you see why I am so opposed to this. Sweet hearting is sweet hearting, whether or not you give someone a cookie or ... something else.

EDIT: Wow, that word isn't filtered...

EDIT: Or rather, that combination of two innoculous words that together create something not G-rated.

Edited by Executive Minister

[quote name='Pravus Ingruo' timestamp='1290301017' post='2518600']
Wait wait wait... YOU'RE saying that he shouldn't be able to have any navy because he doesn't have them IG, right? Interesting.

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=349000 <-- That's your nation. As of this posting, you have ZERO naval vessels. And yet you have said repeatedly on IRC that you have three fleets of naval vessels. By your own posting here, you have zero naval vessels. I look forward to you changing your tune, hypocrite.
[/quote]

Ive said ive three fleets on naval assets stuck in port for an indefinate ammount of time ergo, I cannot RP with them, if im not RPing with them, they arnt part of my CNRP roleplay. I talked with Sargun about it and got the green light from what I could tell. So long as im not RPing with them in any form, I can do it.

Cochin does it aswell with his mothball fleets.

We don't want to create a precedent in this situation.

The submarine will be destroyed IC in the coming weeks, leaving only the two destroyers. These ancient ships will fall better in the terms of "brown water navy" or "coast guard" than a submarine would.

This way I'm not creating a precendent that will encourage new players who don't understand to create a sizable fleet including submarines and other "advanced" ships and try to use them.

edit: and again; The two ships have a strength of zero, will sink if too many seagulls perch on them, and will not be used in combat situations.

Edited by J Andres

Why dont you just have them mothballd suck in harbour due to a decrepid state?
IE totally useless heaps of !@#$ like RL HMS Belfast in London.

I know I wont recognise any use of those destroyers even in a brown water navy senario.

Edited by Zoot Zoot

The way I see it it's a coast guard - see that? [b][i]Coast guard.[/i][/b] All modern nations have coast guards and there is no reason for J Andres to not have one. Sure, his is a bit more advanced but it's only for flavor and nothing else. I fail to see a problem here, but obviously there is one. I RPed Potugal (pre-Civil War) as using PT boats for coastal protection. Does that count as my IG-navy? No. J Andres' ships are old, non-combat ready vessels, therefore they couldn't be used in a war. Where's the problem?

Markus, PT boats dont count towards your navy for a reason.

Your blue water navy is comprised of the classes that are ingame and any ships with close to or equal firepower onboard as a corvette upwards.
He is listing them as destroyers, which requires them ingame.

There would be no objections if they were cutters/pt boats or anything of the sorts, thats a cert.

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1290352348' post='2519052']
Markus, PT boats dont count towards your navy for a reason.

Your blue water navy is comprised of the classes that are ingame and any ships with close to or equal firepower onboard as a corvette upwards.
He is listing them as destroyers, which requires them ingame.

There would be no objections if they were cutters/pt boats or anything of the sorts, thats a cert.
[/quote]
Semantics aside, I think that the Coast Guard solution is the best.

Can't wait to see his RPs, too.

[quote name='Executive Minister' timestamp='1290311954' post='2518754']
I'm just going to come out and say that while I do find some truth in Bio's words about RP and story, yadda yadda... the pro J Andrean sentiment seems to scream sweet-hearting. I don't know who this guy is, and I'm sure he's a nice guy and all.... but I doubt that we'd be singing the same tune if someone like LVN suddenly came back to CNRP.
[/quote]

Not really a valid comparison because LVN couldn't reroll as LVN because his nation was banned from the game. Also I'd nuke him first.

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1290336097' post='2518991']
Ive said ive three fleets on naval assets stuck in port for an indefinate ammount of time ergo, I cannot RP with them, if im not RPing with them, they arnt part of my CNRP roleplay. I talked with Sargun about it and got the green light from what I could tell. So long as im not RPing with them in any form, I can do it.

Cochin does it aswell with his mothball fleets.
[/quote]

Except Cochin HAS navy ships and naval improvements IG. You do not. Therefore, you don't even have a fleet in drydock. Your ships don't even exist. IG>RP, as you said.

[quote name='Sal Paradise' timestamp='1290363631' post='2519150']
How were navies handled before there were navies in game?
[/quote]
IIRC, it was just gone by how big you were IG, and you went from there. It's kind of like people getting navies now, and then customizing them with a !@#$load of technobabble.