CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='SK Wynter' timestamp='1293129417' post='2551773']
Thank you for your generosity, King of Cochin. :-)

Pulling back the topic to beverages for a moment, which is better? Iced or hot? Black or with sugar and/or cream/milk?
[/quote]

You forgot to remind the context. Coffee/Tea/?/?/?

A classic of the office. I've heard that commercial iced coffees have a truckload of sugar and preservatives in them — I wonder how hard it would be to create a homemade recipe.

Speaking of iced coffee:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Eiskaffee_mit_Sahne.jpg

SON OF A —

A caffeine lover's dream!

[quote name='king of cochin' timestamp='1293131174' post='2551801']
Coffee. Hot. Black . Little sugar. Equal mix by volume coffee drip + boiling water. [b]One cup per day. Kabloooey for the senses.[/b]
[/quote]
I know a teacher who drinks about 10 cups of coffee per day. Kabloooey for the senses until the caffeine wears off, crashy for the senses ranging from a few minutes to hours.

I'd love to be unbanned from #CNRP.

I was by no means being an '!@#$%^&' (which Sargun says is the reason I was last banned). I was just randomly kickbanned in the middle of conversation. I would like to be able to join the channel, if only to ask people for tech deals and see what they're planning for me :v

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1293217253' post='2552761']
Well if you were polite you'd stop being banned
[/quote]
This is hypocritical. I imagine you wouldn't complain if you were banned (if someone had higher ops than you), because it's not like you're always 'polite'. And I was not being impolite at all. I was in the middle of a conversation with KM about his meeting, when randomly, for no reason, I was kickbanned.

[quote name='dotCom' timestamp='1293221903' post='2552815']
This is hypocritical. I imagine you wouldn't complain if you were banned (if someone had higher ops than you), because it's not like you're always 'polite'. And I was not being impolite at all. I was in the middle of a conversation with KM about his meeting, when randomly, for no reason, I was kickbanned.
[/quote]
Might makes right, it's how CNRP and it's associated communications work. Either take your lashes for going against the powerful and quit whining, or lick some boot, take your pick.

[quote name='dotCom' timestamp='1293221903' post='2552815']
[/quote]
Being an !@#$%^& means you get banned. Stop making up stuff - you were being a dick, and you were banned for it. You have consistently been an !@#$%^& during your time in the IRC channel, even when you are given verbal warnings to stop.

[quote name='BaronUberstein' timestamp='1293222208' post='2552822']
Might makes right, it's how CNRP and it's associated communications work. Either take your lashes for going against the powerful and quit whining, or lick some boot, take your pick.
[/quote]
"I'm not popular so I'm going to cry about it"

[quote name='BaronUberstein' timestamp='1293222208' post='2552822']
[/quote]
I'd prefer to take my lashes and then keep going against the powerful :P

EDIT: Sargun, I have admitted that at times, yes, I deserve to be kicked. But this was not one of them. This time, all I was doing was talking to KM. Believe it or not, I am not [i]always [/i]being an ass.

Edited by dotCom

[quote name='dotCom' timestamp='1293222596' post='2552829']
Sargun, I have admitted that at times, yes, I deserve to be kicked. But this was not one of them. This time, all I was doing was talking to KM. Believe it or not, I am not [i]always [/i]being an ass.
[/quote]

Just because you were banned at one point doesn't mean that you were banned for specifically whatever you were doing at that one point.

[quote name='SK Wynter' timestamp='1293222581' post='2552827']
Personally, I would see logs first before I gave my opinion on any of this. IRC (sp?) does not work on my CP.
[/quote]
Agreed.

Sargun, dotCom, is it possible to provide unedited IRC logs (preferably screen-shots)?

So if I say something kinda !@#$%^&-ish one day, the next day, I get banned for it?

Kind of a crappy system, I'd say. Not to mention the fact I've seen those with ops and higher power being just as much (if not worse) asses than I am, and they don't get anything for it.

EDIT: I don't take logs of everything we say on mibbit. If I had to have logs ready for every time I was banned, I'd have to be screenshotting IRC every two seconds :rolleyes:

Edited by dotCom

As mentioned before, dotCom and Sargun, logs please. As the saying goes, "Pics or it didn't happen." Saying for myself and myself only, I'm not going to believe a lick of what either of you say, or at most take it with a grain of salt, if there are no logs from the incident to back up what you two are arguing about.

Edit: I apologize, dotCom; my post came just a smidgen after yours. Still, my words stand firm — pics or it didn't happen.

Edited by SK Wynter

Why does it matter, it is Sargun's channel he can do whatever he wants. If he wants to ban people, he has the right to. If he wants to ban people permanently, he has every right. If you don't like it, go make a new channel. My God, this is IRC not a life or death situation.

[quote name='Baskan' timestamp='1293223972' post='2552857']
Why does it matter, it is Sargun's channel he can do whatever he wants. If he wants to ban people, he has the right to. If he wants to ban people permanently, he has every right. If you don't like it, go make a new channel. My God, this is IRC not a life or death situation.
[/quote]
No, it isn't, but still, I would like to be able to go on IRC. At the very least, it's a good place to get tech deals (I really need one right now) and just an overall place for me to go when I'm bored >_>

[quote name='dotCom' timestamp='1293222977' post='2552835']
So if I say something kinda !@#$%^&-ish one day, the next day, I get banned for it?

Kind of a crappy system, I'd say. Not to mention the fact I've seen those with ops and higher power being just as much (if not worse) asses than I am, and they don't get anything for it.

EDIT: I don't take logs of everything we say on mibbit. If I had to have logs ready for every time I was banned, I'd have to be screenshotting IRC every two seconds :rolleyes:
[/quote]
If you commit a crime one day, you can be arrested for it next week. There's a legal concept called a statute of limitations - after a certain period of time, someone cannot be arrested and prosecuted for a crime they committed. If you act like an !@#$%^& and I get complaints about it (and I get complaints about everybody, especially from cochin), then I'm going to take action regardless of whether it happened five minutes ago or five hours ago. I'm not on IRC every minute of every hour of every day.

By the way, I don't know why you're !@#$%*ing. You haven't been banned for a while.
[quote name='Baskan' timestamp='1293223972' post='2552857']
[/quote]

Because I'm not an unreasonable dick. I'm just a dick.

Edited by Sargun