CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

Ok i'm trying this again but i have a few questions:

1) I have signed up here, however where would I post IC threads regarding my nation, for example it's DoE?

2) Do the same technology rules apply? Or will we as it's a new map be starting from the same base year/time period?

3) Where has the old RP gone? (the one with the full map/the v.active one)

4) Where are the basic rules?

Shamshir...I think I get where you're coming from lets see if I can answer this for you.

1) Okay first of all, you signed up for CNRP®...Which I believe is CNRP with realism built in, however that RP is extremely small and not as active as the regular CNRP forum found here. I would suggest if you want the more active one, in addition CNRP has just as much realism as CNRP®, I would claim an area on the world map thread located here. After you make an OOC claim on the world map, then make an IC DoE on the forums and people will recognize you.

2) Ah the technology rules are different and I'm afraid I don't know the tech equation off by hand or where to find it for that matter :P, however not everyone starts off at the same level as your country's tech level applies to your In Game Tech level. However sometime today I will try to find that information for you.

3) The old RP is called Fantasy RP (IC)...the forums were revamped and the name changed. But that was it, the RP is still the same.

4) Rules

I hope this helps you, if you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask anyone of us and we'd be happy to help.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm? Why do you say that?

Maybe my calculater is broked, but the number I keep getting doesn't make sense for a year, or rather, a year that we can predict what technology will be like in. The number I keep getting is in the 20,000's.

Maybe my calculater is broked, but the number I keep getting doesn't make sense for a year, or rather, a year that we can predict what technology will be like in. The number I keep getting is in the 20,000's.

Use log to the base ten. Not natural log.

And if you don't like you calculator, put this in google, it works it out right

30*log(1.5* {IG tech level} )+1910

It has recently come to my attention that there have been multiple spats on this board regarding "mapmaking" authority and there have been other complaints as well. I'd like to hear them out in a private message to myself, if you would be so kind.

This is a way for me (and Stormcrow, and the rest of the mod team by extension) to gather information privately about a decision that we might have to make in order to keep order on this section.

(I know I put this in the World Map Thread, but this is also considered part of CNRP and some people don't check the map.)

Hm, I've got a question...do you have to post in CNRP to be active? Or does it apply to the entire forums? What I mean is, that, if someone in CNRP doesnt post in the CNRP forums for over twenty days but he/she does post on the CN forums out of CNRP, is his/her CNRP land considered active? Just askin'. Sorry if this has been answered before. :unsure:

Danke. :D

Edited by JEDCJT

Use log to the base ten. Not natural log.

And if you don't like you calculator, put this in google, it works it out right

30*log(1.5* {IG tech level} )+1910

Danke. :)

Edited by Arkantos

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Necro for the purpose of forbidden weaponry:

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?s...p;#entry1310561

Near the end of this post,

ABM Satellite Eagle

SpaceBasedLaserReboost.jpg

The concept behind the Eagle I particle-beam weaponry is to hit a target with a stream of accelerated particles moving at near the speed of light and therefore carrying tremendous kinetic energy; the particles transfer their kinetic energy to the atoms in the molecules of the target upon striking, much as a cue ball transfers its energy to the racked balls in billiards, thus exciting the target's atoms and superheating the target object in a short time, leading to explosion either of the surface layer or the interior of the target.

The weapon's high energy beams are created in particle accelerators, in which a charged particle is drawn forward by an electrostatic (not magnetic) field with a charge opposite to the particle (like charges repel one another, opposites attract); as the particle passes the source of each field, the charge of the field is reversed so that the particle is now pushed on to another field source. Through a series of fields in sequence, the particle accelerates until it is moving at a high speed. A natural analogy to particle beams is lightning, where electrons flow from negatively charged clouds to positively charged clouds or the earth.

The power levels to produce the energy required for an effective weapon are produced using an on-board Accelerator-Driven System (ADS), it is a subcritical fission reactor which produce neutrons by spallation for use in the weapon. The ADS's design proposes a high-intensity proton accelerator with an energy of about 1 GeV, directed towards a spallation target made of liquid lead-bismuth (which would also act as a coolant) in the core of the reactor. In that way, for each proton interacting in the target, an average 20 neutrons are created to irradiate the surrounding fuel. Thus, the neutron balance can be regulated such as the reactor would be below criticality if the additional neutrons by the accelerator were not provided. The main advantage is inherent safety, even if the nuclear fuel under consideration lack Uranium's nice self-regulating properties—like delayed neutrons and doppler coefficient—that make standard nuclear reactors safe. Whenever the neutron source is turned off, the reaction ceases.

The weapon's fuel, when full, can provide the weapon system with approximately fifty firings before requiring a recharge of its tanks. The weapon is used in cooperation with the AN/DSQ-440 Peregrine V Space-tracking RADAR and LIDAR suites.

Unit Cost: 150 billion Markes

Weight: 17,500kg

Length: 20.12m

Diameter: 4.57m

Mirror Diameter: 4.0m

I have a topic, WHY ARE THERE SO MANY FREAKING COMMIES HERE?! I just don't get it.

There is no nation strong enough, like the U.S. in RL, to contain the spread of Communism. During the Cold War, the U.S. and NATO contained the spread of Communism to countries that already had it. As far as I know(off the top of my head), only 1 more nation turned to Communism during the Cold War: Vietnam. Here, in CNRP, we have no nation like the U.S., and no alliance like NATO, thus, Communism spreads unhindered.

There is no nation strong enough, like the U.S. in RL, to contain the spread of Communism. During the Cold War, the U.S. and NATO contained the spread of Communism to countries that already had it. As far as I know(off the top of my head), only 1 more nation turned to Communism during the Cold War: Vietnam. Here, in CNRP, we have no nation like the U.S., and no alliance like NATO, thus, Communism spreads unhindered.

I want form this, but I'm sure that I would be dead 5 minutes after founding any anti-communist alliance.

What about cambodia? Laos? North Korea? Cuba? China? Think there were a few in Africa too.

What about cambodia? Laos? North Korea? Cuba? China? Think there were a few in Africa too.

Most, if not all of these, were already Communist by the beginning of the Cold War.