Tech deal Cheat flag?

Randalla

Hiya, folks!

This is the best place I could think of to report this, because I've never had a problem with my tech deals before....

Could someone please check into this and see what went wrong?

http://www.cybernations.net/aid_informatio...ation_ID=185464

It says the same network, but that's not possible. I'm in California, she's in New York. I'm on DSL and she's on Cable. We do use AOL, but that shouldn't create this sort of network problem, right? We've had many tech deals in the past, this is the first time this has happened. Neither one of us have nation-sat for the other, we don't even know eachother's passwords, and we haven't even been in the same state since long before we started playing CN. LOL

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated..... ?

Thank you,

Randalla

The HiElands

Hiya, just wondering if there was any breakthrough on this, as we're truly baffled about how this flag popped up. I'd love to be able to continue our tech deals, but I need to know if it's going to continue to cause problems, or if there's anyone I need to notify to make sure there's no other glitches? Obviously, being a regular donation-junkie, I want to make sure everything's all cleared up.

Thanks much....

Strange, definitely not what I intended. LOL Thanks for the heads up. :D

And if this helps at all, this is what I'm referring to:

network.jpg

And a direct link to try and help get this squared away:

The HiElands

Corresponding passwords

happend to me once.

Just dont aid him again.

Edited by oinkoink12

Thanks for the link suggestion ;)

However, it's not possible that we have the same passwords. Trust me, it just isn't.

Also, we've done several tech deals before without this problem. I haven't had a revolving IP (dialup) since long before I started these tech deals, and she's always been on cable.

It's really just random as far as I can tell--a little frustrating and paranoia-inducing. lol Like I said, last thing I want as a regular donation fiend is for this to crop up and create any misunderstandings.

Thanks for the link suggestion ;)

However, it's not possible that we have the same passwords. Trust me, it just isn't.

Also, we've done several tech deals before without this problem. I haven't had a revolving IP (dialup) since long before I started these tech deals, and she's always been on cable.

It's really just random as far as I can tell--a little frustrating and paranoia-inducing. lol Like I said, last thing I want as a regular donation fiend is for this to crop up and create any misunderstandings.

It isn't your account that flagged it - it is your tech dealer. I would suggest going through someone else.

AOL recycles IPs and gives you a new one every time you log on from a general pool of IPs. This means you and your friend at some point received the same IP address while logging onto CN.

Indeed. AOL and Cyber Nations are not on the best terms due to such machintations.

Hi all, thanks for all of your help. :)

Do you think it would be ok if we tried again? Maybe if I suggested that she logs in through IE or FF instead of AOL that would be better?

I want to get an ok before I try again, but I do appreciate everyone's help and understanding. :awesome:

Hi all, thanks for all of your help. :)

Do you think it would be ok if we tried again? Maybe if I suggested that she logs in through IE or FF instead of AOL that would be better?

I want to get an ok before I try again, but I do appreciate everyone's help and understanding. :awesome:

Do like somebody said before and have sort of a middleman deliver the tech for you if logging on through FF doesn't work.

Once you've logged in from the same IP, your nations can no longer interact. Since it's AOL and you're unlikely to have a recurring pattern of identical IPs or whatever else the mod team checks for to determine multis, you should probably be ok using a middle man to complete the deal. But no, you shouldn't bother trying to resubmit it.

Hi all,

I seem to have gotten the same problem as Randalla but with a different tech partner. I have been dealing with this person for about 5 months and have never had a problem.

I don't know if we could be on the same network. I generally connect from my home via cable.

12/11/2008 9:24:52 AM

[Aid Expires: 12/21/2008] [Reason: First 50 Tech]

[Team: Black]

Snotravia

Ruler: LordSnotrag

Alliance: Ubercon

[Team: Black]

Prandinia

Ruler: Nessus

Alliance: Ubercon

$0

50 Tech

0 Soldiers

Canceled, Same Network

I would appreciate any input.

Nessus of Prandinia

Hi all,

I seem to have gotten the same problem as Randalla but with a different tech partner. I have been dealing with this person for about 5 months and have never had a problem.

I don't know if we could be on the same network. I generally connect from my home via cable.

I would appreciate any input.

Nessus of Prandinia

Who provides your internet?

Aside from my own experience and that of my alliance colleague here, I've received two other PM's from two separate nations who have also had the same problem with their tech dealers. They are curious as to any possible resolution, or if we could all try to continue our business with our partners as usual.

Does this seem to be a problem that's popping up more frequently for some reason? Are mods looking more in depth into these issues at all or is it just being written off somewhat unofficially as a problem with AOL, and we handful of law-abiding nations are forced to scrap business partners we've been dealing with for several months?

I appreciate all the responses so far, and I can reluctantly accept the fact that I had to scrap my friend as a tech partner, if it was an isolated incident. Not that I like it, but hey. ;) I just wondered if there was any way we could get something more official, I suppose you could say? I can then reply to my PM's with more definite and helpful instructions. :D

Thanks again...

• 7 months later...

Had this happen also and ruined a weeks worth of progress, alliance flushed and everything (and sadly this is cable not aol related). It makes it hard for players on a lan or limited networks to play but thats probably why it was set up that way. Easy way to say it is, never introduce anyone and let them sign up or start on your network.

Edited by adhitlerum

• 2 weeks later...