General Canadian actions

Lynneth

OOC: Thanks. I'll do that...

IC: "Would you rather I just think this through out loud? That way, you're not bored, and if you do actually get an idea or two, you can interject."

OOC: Aye.

Also, yay for my version of the tsar bomba.

IC: "Yes, I'd rather have that, if it doesn't bother you too much or whatever. I'm better at criticising things."

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: Aye.

Also, yay for my version of the tsar bomba.

IC: "Yes, I'd rather have that, if it doesn't bother you too much or whatever. I'm better at criticising things."

Anderson shrugged. "I don't mind. I'll know you're just trying to help." He began considering possibilities.

"Of course, to up the stakes of the movie, some time early on, Nordland should fall (OOC: And leaving it wide open for that song we agreed would go great with the movie/OOC), leaving Kyokujitsu Teikoku alone in their fight, with only one last shipment of arms from the Nordlanders. This shipment, arriving in their nationsafely only because the highest effort was expended to keep it secret, contains the prototypes of a new set of weapons they had jointly been working on--the mechs that we must have in the movie. Let's say they had five. Am I good so far?"

About the flag for the sig, if you use it, you will wake up one morning to find my intimidating face in its place. It's too tall.

OOC: Oh, you're watching? *Quickly hides the can of SPAM* Anyways, thanks. I thought it was too big, but I wasn't sure...

Anderson shrugged. "I don't mind. I'll know you're just trying to help." He began considering possibilities.

"Of course, to up the stakes of the movie, some time early on, Nordland should fall (OOC: And leaving it wide open for that song we agreed would go great with the movie/OOC), leaving Kyokujitsu Teikoku alone in their fight, with only one last shipment of arms from the Nordlanders. This shipment, arriving in their nation safely only because the highest effort was expended to keep it secret, contains the prototypes of a new set of weapons they had jointly been working on--the mechs that we must have in the movie. Let's say they had five. Am I good so far?"

"Hmm, How would Nordland fall? A full-scale invasion orchestrated by us or something else? As for the secret shipment and the mechs, that sounds good. How strong would they be, what do you think?"

OOC: Oh, you're watching? *Quickly hides the can of SPAM* Anyways, thanks. I thought it was too big, but I wasn't sure...

OOC: Yeah, he's mentioned that once or twice already that he's reading my thread. At least I think he did. I wonder if he lieks mah storays :awesome:

I also made a 200*100 pixel flag, Subtle, and am waiting for a PM-answer from HK if it's good.

"Hmm, How would Nordland fall? A full-scale invasion orchestrated by us or something else? As for the secret shipment and the mechs, that sounds good. How strong would they be, what do you think?"

OOC: Yeah, he's mentioned that once or twice already that he's reading my thread. At least I think he did. I wonder if he lieks mah storays :awesome:

I also made a 200*100 pixel flag, Subtle, and am waiting for a PM-answer from HK if it's good.

"Hmm...it would be best, I think, to have Nordland's fall engineered by us, except through espionage, rather than outright invasion. We turn the rest of the European continent against them by making them all think that Nordland has secret plans to invade them all after defeating you."

"The Mechs, since they are a prototype, shouldn't be overly strong for mechs, perhaps being able to take on a couple dozen heavy tanks in an even fight. And what's better, during Nordland's fall, we could steal the blueprints and begin making our own."

"Now, the reason the whole world hasn't united against our threat is four-fold. As I mentioned earlier, many are locked in bitter feuds with each other where neither side is willing to forgive the other, secretly egged on, or even started, by our covert operations. Two, which I also mentioned earlier, our alliance is secret. Three, we have managed to convince the World that you are only interested in uniting the Americas, and that I am only interested in keeping the peace in the Asian and Pacific Regions. Four, to keep their nations from being devastated, many of the nations you were threatening accepted your 'peace terms.' These terms, (which to everyone's surprise you honor) promise that, while they won't be first-class citizens of your Empire, they will be above those you have to actually conquer with force. Those who join you willingly will have citizenship second only to natives of Saboria."

OOC: Again, much thanks.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

"Hmm...it would be best, I think, to have Nordland's fall engineered by us, except through espionage, rather than outright invasion. We turn the rest of the European continent against them by making them all think that Nordland has secret plans to invade them all after defeating you."

"The Mechs, since they are a prototype, shouldn't be overly strong for mechs, perhaps being able to take on a couple dozen heavy tanks in an even fight. And what's better, during Nordland's fall, we could steal the blueprints and begin making our own."

"Now, the reason the whole world hasn't united against our threat is four-fold. As I mentioned earlier, many are locked in bitter feuds with each other where neither side is willing to forgive the other, secretly egged on, or even started, by our covert operations. Two, which I also mentioned earlier, our alliance is secret. Three, we have managed to convince the World that you are only interested in uniting the Americas, and that I am only interested in keeping the peace in the Asian and Pacific Regions. Four, to keep their nations from being devastated, many of the nations you were threatening accepted your 'peace terms.' These terms, (which to everyone's surprise you honor) promise that, while they won't be first-class citizens of your Empire, they will be above those you have to actually conquer with force. Those who join you willingly will have citizenship second only to natives of Saboria."

OOC: Again, much thanks.

"Anderson, you should write books. This stuff sounds good. Especially the part about me uniting the Americas, but I think I'm biased about that."

He chuckled. "Anyways. Engineering Nordland's fall through espionage seems reasonable. But I don't really think we should get mechs...I'd like those reserved for the Japs. We could have land-cruisers or something instead, gigantic tanks that can take on several smaller tanks."

"Anderson, you should write books. This stuff sounds good. Especially the part about me uniting the Americas, but I think I'm biased about that."

He chuckled. "Anyways. Engineering Nordland's fall through espionage seems reasonable. But I don't really think we should get mechs...I'd like those reserved for the Japs. We could have land-cruisers or something instead, gigantic tanks that can take on several smaller tanks."

Anderson grinned at the compliment. He had wanted to be a writer at one time, but he enjoyed his current job even more. "Aww, no mechs fer us?" he mock-complained in a drawl. "Ah, well, I still say we should steal the plans and at least attempt it. Although...perhaps it would be better if we covertly give the plans to the Neo Japanese to aid them in their feud against Kyokujitsu Teikoku. Seeing as they're Japanese too, you shouldn't have a problem with that, eh? And it might provide further fuel for the fire, as some nations might wonder why the Neo Japanese mechs are similar to Kyokujitsu Teikoku's--" he paused, then shook his head. "Nah, maybe that wouldn't work after all. Since they're already at war, espionage is to be expected."

He further considered the Chairman's words. "I love the idea of a land-cruiser. It wouldn't be quite as powerful as the mechs, but two or three should be able to take on a mech with reasonable odds of success. And if any nation wondered why we had similar tank designs, we would say you stole the plans from us."

"Now, you should probably have the Americas united by the end of the first third of the movie, perhaps shortly after the fall of Nordland, so you would be consolidated enough to launch your ships to the moon. These shuttles would have been under construction during your war, but kept well away from the fighting, and loaded with every pre-fabricated material necessary to rapidly construct our moon base."

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

Anderson grinned at the compliment. He had wanted to be a writer at one time, but he enjoyed his current job even more. "Aww, no mechs fer us?" he mock-complained in a drawl. "Ah, well, I still say we should steal the plans and at least attempt it. Although...perhaps it would be better if we covertly give the plans to the Neo Japanese to aid them in their feud against Kyokujitsu Teikoku. Seeing as they're Japanese too, you shouldn't have a problem with that, eh? And it might provide further fuel for the fire, as some nations might wonder why the Neo Japanese mechs are similar to Kyokujitsu Teikoku's--" he paused, then shook his head. "Nah, maybe that wouldn't work after all. Since they're already at war, espionage is to be expected."

He further considered the Chairman's words. "I love the idea of a land-cruiser. It wouldn't be quite as powerful as the mechs, but two or three should be able to take on a mech with reasonable odds of success. And if any nation wondered why we had similar tank designs, we would say you stole the plans from us."

"Now, you should probably have the Americas united by the end of the first third of the movie, perhaps shortly after the fall of Nordland, so you would be consolidated enough to launch your ships to the moon. These shuttles would have been under construction during your war, but kept well away from the fighting, and loaded with every pre-fabricated material necessary to rapidly construct our moon base."

OOC: "If he just adds that image somewhere then yes it would be acceptable but he couldn't add another blank line."

This flag: PromisedLand03.png

Have fun with it. ^^

IC: "Nope, I have no problem with the Neo Japs getting mech-plans. The land-cruiser would be a megaproject, of course, probably even bigger as my current Mammoth MK.I tanks. And those are already huge, able to easily take on two Tigers or Three and then some. As for uniting the Amricas by the end of the first third, isn't that somewhat quick..? That's half an hour. Perhaps it should be a overlength movie or two movies."

He looked towards Bob for a short while, thinking. Then he spoke again.

"Now, for the shuttles and the moonbase: That sounds a ) awesome and b ) good. What year would it be? Earlier than nowadays, a few years later perhaps or an alternate present? That also defines what technology we'll have."

OOC: "If he just adds that image somewhere then yes it would be acceptable but he couldn't add another blank line."

This flag: PromisedLand03.png

Have fun with it. ^^

IC: "Nope, I have no problem with the Neo Japs getting mech-plans. The land-cruiser would be a megaproject, of course, probably even bigger as my current Mammoth MK.I tanks. And those are already huge, able to easily take on two Tigers or Three and then some. As for uniting the Amricas by the end of the first third, isn't that somewhat quick..? That's half an hour. Perhaps it should be a overlength movie or two movies."

He looked towards Bob for a short while, thinking. Then he spoke again.

"Now, for the shuttles and the moonbase: That sounds a ) awesome and b ) good. What year would it be? Earlier than nowadays, a few years later perhaps or an alternate present? That also defines what technology we'll have."

OOC: Thanks... :D You're :awesome:

IC: "To be honest, I was considering it should be a series of movies. I have way too much material bouncing around up here in my head for it to be one, normal-length movie. Though the first should definitely be overlength, because we will have to set the scene for everyone."

"And obiously, though this is an alternate Universe, I think it should be set a few years from now, to give us access to better technology, like the land-cruisers and mechs."

He paused for a moment as a truly great idea came over him. "Also, i've been wondering how to deal with the problem of Subtleknifewielder. If I was in charge of my nation, he never existed...at least not as he does here and now. But what if I was really Subtleknifewielder in this Alternate Universe?"

OOC: Thanks... :D You're :awesome:

IC: "To be honest, I was considering it should be a series of movies. I have way too much material bouncing around up here in my head for it to be one, normal-length movie. Though the first should definitely be overlength, because we will have to set the scene for everyone."

"And obiously, though this is an alternate Universe, I think it should be set a few years from now, to give us access to better technology, like the land-cruisers and mechs."

He paused for a moment as a truly great idea came over him. "Also, i've been wondering how to deal with the problem of Subtleknifewielder. If I was in charge of my nation, he never existed...at least not as he does here and now. But what if I was really Subtleknifewielder in this Alternate Universe?"

OOC: No prob. As usual.

Also: Note that the Chairman doesn't know of Subtle. I think. Does he? I don't remember anyone telling him Subtle was the real ruler of Promised Land.

OOC: No prob. As usual.

Also: Note that the Chairman doesn't know of Subtle. I think. Does he? I don't remember anyone telling him Subtle was the real ruler of Promised Land.

OOC: It's been pretty well advertised to most everyone that the man exists--he's attended conferences via videophone. The only true secret is his real identity. The information is in the minds of only 5 people on the planet, and only one of those is not from Promised Land...

OOC: It's been pretty well advertised to most everyone that the man exists--he's attended conferences via videophone. The only true secret is his real identity. The information is in the minds of only 5 people on the planet, and only one of those is not from Promised Land...

OOC: Huh. *shrugs*

IC: "A series of movies would be quite awesome. I also agree that it should be set a few years in the future. Now, for you being the Subtleknifewielder of that universe...That does sound interesting. Now, what to do with the Subtle of this universe, in what position should he be?"

OOC: Huh. *shrugs*

IC: "A series of movies would be quite awesome. I also agree that it should be set a few years in the future. Now, for you being the Subtleknifewielder of that universe...That does sound interesting. Now, what to do with the Subtle of this universe, in what position should he be?"

"Either dead before he ever rose to office, or exiled to Ubersteinia, perhaps because he was framed for committing a rogue act of Espionage against them. I rather like the second option better...it would be quite interesting to see how a Promised Lander gets along in Uberstein's underground realm, especially as a prisoner..." He chuckled at the thought. "Not too well, I would imagine."

"Now...we need a way for the hero of the story to get to the moon. Perhaps he's a mech pilot, and the Mechs are space-capable? Or do we resort to the good, old-fashioned stowaway idea? We could make it work, if we really wanted to."

"Either dead before he ever rose to office, or exiled to Ubersteinia, perhaps because he was framed for committing a rogue act of Espionage against them. I rather like the second option better...it would be quite interesting to see how a Promised Lander gets along in Uberstein's underground realm, especially as a prisoner..." He chuckled at the thought. "Not too well, I would imagine."

"Now...we need a way for the hero of the story to get to the moon. Perhaps he's a mech pilot, and the Mechs are space-capable? Or do we resort to the good, old-fashioned stowaway idea? We could make it work, if we really wanted to."

"Ah, I think I like the idea of a common man who becomes a hero not as much as one of the 'chosen' pilots being the hero. Sure, it's possible, but not too realistic and, well, I don't like it a lot. As for Subtleknifewielder being exiled to Ubersteinia, that seems intriguing. Perhaps he would even be capable of rising to the rank of an advisor of Uberstein."

//Private Response: As a matter of fact, there is. Has Saboria delved into, well.. genetics?

**Very private response**

"Actually...Yes, we do have a small project that has to do with genetics. Though I'd like you to keep this secret, as some - especially very religious folks - are against such things. What exactly do you have in mind?"

[somewhere in Saboria - Secret genetic research facility]

"How're we feeling today?"

"I'm fine, uncle.And you?"

"The same goes for me. I'm fine."

"Hooray! Why're you visiting?"

"Oh, nothing in poarticular. Though I'd like you to come with me."

"Oh?" The genetically manipulated girl stood up, waging her tail. She was a human-dog hybrid.

"Yes. Please, follow me.", said Fjodor and then left the room. The girl was directly behind him, following.

They walked through parts of the facility that none of the employees like too much, but it was necessary. The girl had never been here before.

"Ooo, this place is creepy."

Dark hallway, strange machinery, and otherwise complete silence indeed fortified the thought of this place being creepy, especially for someone to whom it was unknown.

"No worries."

"Okay..."

After a short while, they finally arrived in a seemingly very sterile room. It looked similar to operation rooms in hospitals. Fjodor motioned for the girl to lay down on the OP table. She did so, though she looked somewhat worried. Usually, every test and operation done on her was first discussed with her by the doctor doing it.

Fjodor took a syringe, filled with a clear liquid, and injected it into the girl's arm. She had her eyes closed.

"What's that stuff do, uncle..?"

"It'll make you sleep better. Don't worry."

"Okay..."

And then, the anesthetics from the syringe did their work - she fell unconscious.

"Sleep well, little lady."

He sighed and left the room. Barely a minute afterwards, three men would come in and bring the girl deeper into this section of the facility, where they would put her to sleep - forever.

Meanwhile, Fjodor began typing a small report about the girl.

Subject: 18M3
Affliction: Heavy brain cancer
Current status: Euthanised
Comments: Approximately a week ago, we have diagnosed subject 18M3 with brain cancer. It grew inexplicably quick and would, within the next two and a half weeks, have killed the subject. The subject would likely have lived in days or weeks of agony, which isn't just inhumans, but fundamentally *wrong* if it can be prevented. Such prevention has been done, by euthanising the subject. After injecting anesthetics, she was brought into one of the appropriate rooms and decapitated with a modern version of the Guillotine. Afterwards, the body would be deposed of by use of a furnace. After the anesthetics, the subject would not have felt anything, making this a comparably humane and clean form of execution.

OOC: A disclaimer: I disapprove of euthanising, unless it saves the person from agony, such as in this instance. Though doing it without consent is very, very bad.

Also, please no discussion about this. If you have anything to say, write a PM.

"Ah, I think I like the idea of a common man who becomes a hero not as much as one of the 'chosen' pilots being the hero. Sure, it's possible, but not too realistic and, well, I don't like it a lot. As for Subtleknifewielder being exiled to Ubersteinia, that seems intriguing. Perhaps he would even be capable of rising to the rank of an advisor of Uberstein."

OOC: Uh, I'm not quite sure what you mean--let me make sure I understand. You prefer the 'chosen' pilot to be the hero--am I right?

IC: "An advisor? I hadn't really thought about it...perhaps the Ubersteinians figured out he was innocent of his supposed crime, but were unable to do much about it at the time--so they watched, and waited. While the rest of the world falls under our might or succumbs to the infighting we promote, they sit patiently in their underground cities, waiting for the right moment to make their move."

"Hookay," he breathed. "For the moment, I think we have a well-balanced plot for the planet. Now, we need to come up with ideas for the lunar conflict. For one thing, if the laser is too obvious, any nation that's looking into the sky at the wrong time will see it, so it has to be disguised somehow, perhaps as part of a power plant?"

OOC: Couldn't you just have used CO2 gas while they were asleep? The silent killer.
OOC: Early rigor would set in, making for challenging disposal of the body, I know, When you've slaughtered as many people as me I mean... I know these things

OOC: What Agea said. Also, decapitation is imo must cleaner and quicker.

OOC: Uh, I'm not quite sure what you mean--let me make sure I understand. You prefer the 'chosen' pilot to be the hero--am I right?

IC: "An advisor? I hadn't really thought about it...perhaps the Ubersteinians figured out he was innocent of his supposed crime, but were unable to do much about it at the time--so they watched, and waited. While the rest of the world falls under our might or succumbs to the infighting we promote, they sit patiently in their underground cities, waiting for the right moment to make their move."

"Hookay," he breathed. "For the moment, I think we have a well-balanced plot for the planet. Now, we need to come up with ideas for the lunar conflict. For one thing, if the laser is too obvious, any nation that's looking into the sky at the wrong time will see it, so it has to be disguised somehow, perhaps as part of a power plant?"

OOC: Yes, I mean one of the pilots to be the hero. The pilots are, after all, chosen or whatever. It's Japanese culture.

IC: "That would be very interesting, with Uberstein having his own Agenda. He'd need to be a lot stronger than he is today, but that shouldn't be too hard to do, right? I mean, his cities are underground, so who knows how much he really has. Heh. We could also make a small plot-twist in that regard that Subtle is the son of Uberstein or something similar. (OOC: :awesome: ) After all, nobody really knows him.

As for the lunar conflict, the laser being a part of the power plant sounds good. We could also have secret facilities on the dark side, the side that's always facing away from us. And powerful railguns perhaps, concealed somehow, like missle silos or something."

**Very private response**

"Actually...Yes, we do have a small project that has to do with genetics. Though I'd like you to keep this secret, as some - especially very religious folks - are against such things. What exactly do you have in mind?"

//pri.

"I was hoping you'd be able to help with my King's heart in any way.. Or at least find a way to bring him comfort."

//pri.

"I was hoping you'd be able to help with my King's heart in any way.. Or at least find a way to bring him comfort."

**Private Response**

"That would certainly be possible. I would, however, prefer to talk about that in person, as transmissions such as this could theoretically be intercepted."

OOC: New thread perhaps.

OOC: Yes, I mean one of the pilots to be the hero. The pilots are, after all, chosen or whatever. It's Japanese culture.

IC: "That would be very interesting, with Uberstein having his own Agenda. He'd need to be a lot stronger than he is today, but that shouldn't be too hard to do, right? I mean, his cities are underground, so who knows how much he really has. Heh. We could also make a small plot-twist in that regard that Subtle is the son of Uberstein or something similar. (OOC: :awesome: ) After all, nobody really knows him.

As for the lunar conflict, the laser being a part of the power plant sounds good. We could also have secret facilities on the dark side, the side that's always facing away from us. And powerful railguns perhaps, concealed somehow, like missle silos or something."

OOC: Good point.

Also, some members of my government may be contacting you soon. You may not remember, but a while back I had President Wallace blinded. They'll figure either you or Naboo as the safest bets, as they hardly trust Nordland right now. I still am debating who to contact IC.

IC: The chairman wouldn't see the momentary freeze or the blink as Anderson heard his suggestion on Subtleknifewielder's identity, as the suits were bulky anyway, and he'd been looking up at the planet at the time. (OOC: Nice idea... ;)/OOC)

But it was only momentary. He actually let out an amused chuckle. "True. It would be amusing to think that they're actually closely related, despite their nations never getting along."

He grinned now at the thought of the other suggestions. "I love the idea of a facility on the dark side of the moon, as a back-up. It could be a self-sustaining facility to manufacture more weapons and stuff right there on the moon. The audience would only know about THIS facility after seeing the destruction of the laser. The destuction of the laser would unleash enormous energy that would self-destruct the entire visible base, then flash to the moon's dark side--where the movie ends."

"As for the Rail-guns--some nations have 'em already. Of course, these would be even more lethal..."

OOC: Good point.

Also, some members of my government may be contacting you soon. You may not remember, but a while back I had President Wallace blinded. They'll figure either you or Naboo as the safest bets, as they hardly trust Nordland right now. I still am debating who to contact IC.

IC: The chairman wouldn't see the momentary freeze or the blink as Anderson heard his suggestion on Subtleknifewielder's identity, as the suits were bulky anyway, and he'd been looking up at the planet at the time. (OOC: Nice idea... ;)/OOC)

But it was only momentary. He actually let out an amused chuckle. "True. It would be amusing to think that they're actually closely related, despite their nations never getting along."

He grinned now at the thought of the other suggestions. "I love the idea of a facility on the dark side of the moon, as a back-up. It could be a self-sustaining facility to manufacture more weapons and stuff right there on the moon. The audience would only know about THIS facility after seeing the destruction of the laser. The destuction of the laser would unleash enormous energy that would self-destruct the entire visible base, then flash to the moon's dark side--where the movie ends."

"As for the Rail-guns--some nations have 'em already. Of course, these would be even more lethal..."

OOC: Hooray. Making not only hearts, but also eyes. =D

IC: "The stuff with the secondary base sounds very good. Perhaps a hint or two, only small, that it's there earlier in the movie, but the big reveal only at the end of the movie.

As for the Railguns, we're using them on battleships and some tanks. Ah, and as part of our highly advanced SDI-system, which also includes modern missles and lasers, both on the ground and in orbit."