General RPing Guidelines

Sargun II

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think this is an unreasonable change at all. If you look at how fast the RL world population is exploding, the 100X modifier we use is quite conservative.

This would give me 12.6 Million in comparison to 1.2 million. I don't think it's entirely unreasonable.

The actual population of the four states I occupy is 9 million, which would be the equivalent to around a 180x multiplier for me.

Then again, I have some of the least densely populated areas in the US, so it's not like I couldn't fit more. If we take the in-game value and apply it to the actual area claimed by me, it'd be a 320x multiplier.

Thusly, 250x seems like a very sensible solution for me... at least.

Just throwing out some numbers.

NZ has 4 mill and the rest of the islands I own would be hard pressed to muster a mil between them. Admittedly, they do have a low pop density atm, but I do not want to start crowding people into my tropical paradises. Next, since I play with such a low pop, I have to have some weird way to explain how I have like 400,000 troops. Which I why I like to play 1x soldiers.

I am tired of the whole "I COULD buy tanks/planes/navy, I just don't want to for economic reasons" argument to get off scot free. You are running a nation here people, you can't magicly have things appear that you don't have ingame! If you have economic reasons ingame, you have economic reasons in CNRP.

I sacrificed some of my ingame economy, because I RP to my nation's stats, I don't pull things out of my $@! saying I "shoulda coulda woulda"

This is CyberNations roleplay. If you accept one, you must accept the other. Besides, maxing out your military causes rioting and is incredibly stupid to do unless in a war you can't really win. I would personally refuse to accept alliance war terms as an excuse, and in Tahoe's case I didn't voice opposition just to stop pointless bickering.

This is CyberNations roleplay. If you accept one, you must accept the other. Besides, maxing out your military causes rioting and is incredibly stupid to do unless in a war you can't really win. I would personally refuse to accept alliance war terms as an excuse, and in Tahoe's case I didn't voice opposition just to stop pointless bickering.

Okay, no exception for Tahoe either, it was on shaky grounds anyway.

I am tired of the whole "I COULD buy tanks/planes/navy, I just don't want to for economic reasons" argument to get off scot free. You are running a nation here people, you can't magicly have things appear that you don't have ingame! If you have economic reasons ingame, you have economic reasons in CNRP.

I sacrificed some of my ingame economy, because I RP to my nation's stats, I don't pull things out of my $@! saying I "shoulda coulda woulda"

I am personally tired of the whole "RP to your nation! Alliances don't matter here! Blah blah blah"... Well, if you want to RP to your IG nation stats, that's fine, but then you're making alliances matter because that affects your IG nation which you base your RP off of. If you want CNRP to be dependent on CNRP and not alliances, you just have to build and develop your nation in CNRP solely. Honestly, I don't see the problem with this, what would it do?:

1. New nations, even if they're huge IG, cannot have an advantage. They have to work in RP, making bonds, RPing military advances, etc to get more powerful.

2. RP wars would be much, much more devastating. If you want to RP your nation stats, honestly, then RP wars mean !@#$. Why? Because well your IG nation was untouched, you can rebuild quickly to those stats again.

3. It doesn't punish you for honoring your alliance and not deserting it.

4. It doesn't punish you for wanting to grow your nation IG at the quickest rate for IG alliance expansion (if you're a bank) or war is looming.

5. CNRP solely dependent on the players themselves and how they interact with one another. IG politics, nations, and alliances do not interfere with this RP which would great to see in my eyes.

Personally I'm tired of the "if you want to RP maximum in RP you gotta max out IG", that's just punishing the player's IG nation and the IG develop for the sake of RPing. RPing should be fun and be devestating in RP, not affecting IG things too.

/end rant

I am personally tired of the whole "RP to your nation! Alliances don't matter here! Blah blah blah"... Well, if you want to RP to your IG nation stats, that's fine, but then you're making alliances matter because that affects your IG nation which you base your RP off of. If you want CNRP to be dependent on CNRP and not alliances, you just have to build and develop your nation in CNRP solely. Honestly, I don't see the problem with this, what would it do?:

1. New nations, even if they're huge IG, cannot have an advantage. They have to work in RP, making bonds, RPing military advances, etc to get more powerful.

2. RP wars would be much, much more devastating. If you want to RP your nation stats, honestly, then RP wars mean !@#$. Why? Because well your IG nation was untouched, you can rebuild quickly to those stats again.

4. It doesn't punish you for wanting to grow your nation IG at the quickest rate for IG alliance expansion (if you're a bank) or war is looming.

5. CNRP solely dependent on the players themselves and how they interact with one another. IG politics, nations, and alliances do not interfere with this RP which would great to see in my eyes.

Personally I'm tired of the "if you want to RP maximum in RP you gotta max out IG", that's just punishing the player's IG nation and the IG develop for the sake of RPing. RPing should be fun and be devestating in RP, not affecting IG things too.

/end rant

This is what I've always wanted, but there's always a lot of opposition.

/end rant

I have a big army ingame because of CNRP, I don't see why others couldn't do that also, or are they "better" than me and don't need to? Okay, i'll reduce my military to the minimum 21% and grow more but claim I still have my tanks and troops.

I have a big army ingame because of CNRP, I don't see why others couldn't do that also, or are they "better" than me and don't need to? Okay, i'll reduce my military to the minimum 21% and grow more but claim I still have my tanks and troops.

So basically your logic is:

I do it so I feel others should have to too. Right?

You don't have to punish yourself IG. If you did the minium thing, you'd actually be allowing yourself to RP a bigger army because more tech and infra supports more troops and tanks. Also if you want to counter my points, please do so for all of them. I want a good debate because I honestly see myself right in this case for RP.

Edited by Highbuzz

Well this is CN RP. There are a lot of other RPs on the internet that have nothing to do with any game stats, only thing that matters is how you RP your nation.
Exactly, you want a different RP that isn't nation-based? Go join KMRP.

Yea, CNRP means you get to RP with fellow CNers.. We define what CNRP is really all about, and you guys have made it about IG stats. I am not saying it is wrong, I mean the majority of you do it so I guess that's something to follow, but no one has told me a good reason why relying on IG stats is better than not. And I am in KMRP :P