A complaint

Doitzel

http://www.cybernations.net/game_update_log.asp

8-21-2008

- Team senators that are in peace mode will no longer be allowed to place sanctions against other nations in the game.

Why was this changed in the middle of a war in which my alliance has taken a Senate Seat on a colour that is dominated by a single alliance while in peace mode? At the very least would it not be fairer to wait until the next Senate reset to punish us for our successes?

Furthermore I find this change to be wholly favoured to the larger alliances. It is a difficult feat in itself to gain a seat on the Senate, where supposedly the people are able to speak, but with this system you are simply allowing those with the firepower to completely nullify the Senate's power by simply attacking anyone who wants to actually use the Senate offensively.

This is just another strike against playing the game from peace mode. The tactic of sanctioning from peace is a perfectly legitimate way for smaller groups to fight against larger ones. The odds are already stacked in the latter's favour and I see absolutely no reason why it needs to be made further so. This change literally seems designed to ensure that big alliances control the one last place where an organised grassroots effort that has nothing to do with Nation Strength could keep them somewhat in check, and the timing is dubious at best.

Why?

Edited by admin
This update has been rolled back and will be released at a later time.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. It should be changed back, in the name of, if nothing else, democracy. If the team votes the senator in, why should it matter if they are in peace mode or not? Obviously the people of the team colour want that senator in office. The only real thing team senators do is sanction. No one really reads team messages. This just kills the democracy intended by senate elections.

This does not help alliances forced into peace mode. Horrible change in the middle of a war.

ETA: It makes no sense to even allow nations in peace mode to even vote or participate in the senate now. Why even make a change like this?

Edited by atrophis

No matter what the final decision on this rule is, implementing it right now will influence the outcome of the current war and unless it is the intention of the staff to effect game politics, I do not believe it would be fair to execute the changes now.

I must second this sentiment. I have seen the way this game truly is dominated in every aspect by the power-players from which sphere an individual is "allowed" to locate his nation on all the way up to who "gets" to play. As such I have been active in senate campaigning for months precisely because it offered one of the last aspects of play that presented enough of a challenge to be fun, but required tact and timing to be successful.

That one more area of gameplay has simply been turned over to the Biggest Sticks represents one more failure of effort to provide any incentive to spend time really playing this game. Why even try to do anything to effect change or create fun with the constant expectation of a hand descending from on high and grabbing success from one's clutch?

No matter what the final decision on this rule is, implementing it right now will influence the outcome of the current war and unless it is the intention of the staff to effect game politics, I do not believe it would be fair to execute the changes now.

I dont think it will affect the war that much, either way the end result will be the same.

Why should a senator be able to maintain a seat and not face the repercussions of their actions?

Why should any nation be able to avoid faicing the repercussions of their actions? :)

Peace mode should be removed from the game entirely.

Peace mode should be removed from the game entirely.

That's what CN: TE is for.

Peace mode is needed for those who may be away from their computers and/or internet access a week or so.

If I am correct, as seen in the past, Admin has not implemented changes to CN that effect the war system and/or how wars are fought in the middle of an alliance conflict (sanctions are/can be an economic weapon in war). Why is this war an exception to this?