A complaint

Doitzel

Sanctions by senators in peace mode is an exploit that I hadn't noticed before that will be closed. However, I understand the concerns of everyone about the timing of this update so I have rolled back the update and changed the game update log to state that the update will come within the next 30 days.

How is it an exploit, exactly? If that is an exploit then I'd consider "staggers" which prevent players from entering peace mode an exploitation of the war system.

And another issue that others are raising -- what is the point of the strength requirement for Senate votes? Perhaps it should be changed instead to an age requirement?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that in addition to this change, the minimum strength requirements should be removed as well.

I find myself in agreement with this. What does one's nation strength have anything to do with the ability to be a leader, and a democratically elected one at that?

Then nations in peace mode should be unsanctionable, correct?

One would think so since, contrary to what has been stated by a few ill-informed people already, peace mode does in fact generate a tremendous penalty against one's nation.

Indeed, admin is right in saying it is an exploit. When in peace mode, you cannot do harm to other nations, nor can they do harm to you (try spying away nukes or killing tanks while someone is in peace mode). The same should apply to sanctioning as well, as it is an offensive actions that causes harm to other nations.

I'm glad to see the change, and even would welcome it immediately.

Anything that a nation in peace mode can do to someone else can be done to them. Nations in peace or war mode are able to run for senate and be voted for and both are able to place sanctions (if they're elected) or be sanctioned.

Sanctions by senators in peace mode is an exploit that I hadn't noticed before that will be closed. However, I understand the concerns of everyone about the timing of this update so I have rolled back the update and changed the game update log to state that the update will come within the next 30 days.

I still think that it's a bad update, but this is a more reasonable way to go about it. ^_^

And another issue that others are raising -- what is the point of the strength requirement for Senate votes? Perhaps it should be changed instead to an age requirement?

I suggested allowing players to vote for any nation into the senate via a link on each nation's display page but IIRC that idea got shot down. You are welcome to make a suggestion on this in the suggestion box.

I'm closing this since I have addressed this topic. Any further discussion on the coming update should be directed to the suggestion box.