Tournament Edition Bugs & Suggestions

It's like a rock concert, It's only awesome if your allowed in.

Not all of us are well liked enough by Admin to be allowed in.

200 isn't a test. 1,000 people or 1,500 people, now that would be a real test.

When/if he takes it to beta, and it is put under load of say 500+ wars, Problems will emerge that are unnoticed now. The only way to test it is under heavy load and heavy demand.

When/if that thing goes Beta, I bet money it will have alot of down time the first month or so.

as it hasn't been tested under extreme load conditions.

Um... It resets in 4 days...

And it's CN. The system has been tested every day for two years. He just needs number adjustment and any bugs in the altered interface.

Edited by Delta1212

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Environment -- It doesn't exist anymore in a war-torn world...

2. GRL -- Nukes will be flying, and even if environment stays, this wouldn't help. As I said above, environment doesn't exist in a war-torn world.

I have not been able to register for CN:TE yet but based on the reading of its operations and users comments, some of the suggestions posted could make the game dynamics more interesting.

Regarding environment, GRL and government anarchy, because the world is going to be constantly at war, shouldn't environment and GRL effect the effectiveness of your armed forces. Like in real life, if you send your soldiers into a hell hole or if their home was just bombed, they would get disparaged and not be $@! effective. My thought on these are re-basing the environment system for a nation out of 100, only it gets to a certain high point save over 90, your troops would have lost so much moral to cause your citizens to lose hope and go into anarchy for however long till your environment shapes up. With GRL, this changes the dynamics of global cooperation to destroy the enemy without causing more damage to your homeland. In war, CMs, Ground Attacks, Air, and Navy Attacks are common, the thought train regarding Nuclear missiles is still here. Even on the one v one scale, in RL if a country was going to launch a nuclear missile, there would be a outcry from the media, activists, religious leaders, etc, shouldn't this outcry for launching nukes effect your citizens happiness or effect the government to the extend that if you launch too many nuclear missiles over a certain period of time that it causes people to question your leadership.

Edit: Edited Happiness and Nukes Point

Edited by Zeta Defender

Seeing as how I was gangbanged immediately after the update, and how the nations that gangbanged me suffered a lot of damage as well, I doubt many people will even be able to buy improvements let alone wonders. There's no money to spare when you're in constant war.

I think there should be something to allow everyone to keep fighting.. Like a tax collection bonus of $100k or so, for every nation.

Edited by Viluin

It's 200 people testing the faster economy and seeing what needs to be toned down cause it's expensive.

Forget it. It's like a windows Beta program, only a selected group of people get to play.

The exact same group of people every time. It is pointless having it.

They keep saying it will go live. It's been in Alpha for about 2 years now. Come on, put it in beta already and please select a larger group of people. maybe use a lottery system to select people.

It was first come first server. You have to be fast. I was. It hasn't been alpha for two years. It was dismantled for two years cause there was no interest. Stress testing has already been done as it reuses most of the code from CN normal.

Also, I smell a troll...

Um... It resets in 4 days...

And it's CN. The system has been tested every day for two years. He just needs number adjustment and any bugs in the altered interface.

There's a reason I didn't register during the Unjust war. War traffic shuts down registration.

CN:TE will be a constant Great war, It will knock registration offline. He needs to load test it and fix the glitch that shuts down registration. 1,000-1,500 people would be the number of people that would typically be involved in a great war. Admin needs to do a load test and a stress test on the server so he can find a way to keep registration from going offline.

Edited by Themistocles

When/if he takes it to beta, and it is put under load of say 500+ wars, Problems will emerge that are unnoticed now. The only way to test it is under heavy load and heavy demand.

When/if that thing goes Beta, I bet money it will have alot of down time the first month or so.

lol it is first come first serve and is not at all invite only. This happens to be my first round of CN:TE. Also IIRC it was live around GW3 era CN but then was stopped. The game has changed much since than and new things need to be tested.

There's a reason I didn't register during the Unjust war. War traffic shuts registration.

CN:TE will be a constant Great war, It will knock registration offline. He needs to load test it and fix the glitch that shuts down registration. 1,000-1,500 people would be the number of people that would typically be involved in a great war. Admin needs to do a load test and a stress test on the server so he can find a way to keep registration from going offline.

There is no glitch that shuts down registration. Admin chooses to shut down registration during large conflicts in the main game to prevent people from attempting to cheat.

Seeing as how I was gangbanged immediately after the update, and how the nations that gangbanged me suffered a lot of damage as well, I doubt many people will even be able to buy improvements let alone wonders. There's no money to spare when you're in constant war.

I think there should be something to allow everyone to keep fighting.. Like a tax collection bonus of $100k or so, for every nation.

While I do think there'll be a much higher degree of fighting than in the normal game, I doubt it'll be quite like this - we have four days, so I think most people are just going nuts :lol:

Dude, what are you on? We didn't get in because admin likes us, we got in because we registered before you did. It's first come first serve, that's the only fair way, and that's the way it was done. And it's his game, not yours, he can decide what a real test is.

And if the normal server doesn't go down in world wars, which it hasn't, CN:TE will be fine.

-Bama

You might want to put a minimum damage cap on bombing runs. I've had two against me and one of the people in my alliance has performed some. They all did no damage whatsoever, despite the fact I didn't even have defending fighters.

Ok, new thought on donations. Instead of adding stuff to the nation, open up extra offensive war slots for a month.

$5 - 1 slot

$10 - 2 slots

$20 - 3 slots

It really doesn't unbalance the game, since, while it can lead to an advantage, it would take skill to *use* advantageously. (Anyone who doesn't think fighting a potential 9 wars at once successfully doesn't take skill is fooling themself). It does add an added potential for entertainment that people might be more inclined to donate towards for something that resets as well. I'm not particularly inclined to donate to something that gets wiped clean every few months. For the enjoyment of added conflict? I may be willing to drop $5 or $10 dollars down.

Ok, new thought on donations. Instead of adding stuff to the nation, open up extra offensive war slots for a month.

$5 - 1 slot

$10 - 2 slots

$20 - 3 slots

It really doesn't unbalance the game, since, while it can lead to an advantage, it would take skill to *use* advantageously. (Anyone who doesn't think fighting a potential 9 wars at once successfully doesn't take skill is fooling themself). It does add an added potential for entertainment that people might be more inclined to donate towards for something that resets as well. I'm not particularly inclined to donate to something that gets wiped clean every few months. For the enjoyment of added conflict? I may be willing to drop $5 or $10 dollars down.

I would be more likely to donate in TE if this was the benefit. Plus it removes the feeling that people can buy there way to the top.

Typo in the CN:TE Info Index:

Technology - Technology is represented by a technology level that represents the tools, hardware, and software that help your nation do what it does...better. Technology works similar to infrastructure in the game but is much more expensive at a base cost of $1,000 per level. (You can purchase technology a fractions of levels for less than $10K) Like land and infrastructure, the cost or technology increases the more you buy. You cannot sell technology as you can land or infrastructure. Technology can also be captured or destroyed by an attacker during war. The following are the benefits of Technology.

$10k is regular CN. $1k is TE. I assume you just missed that particular price reference when moving it over.

Dude, what are you on? We didn't get in because admin likes us, we got in because we registered before you did. It's first come first serve, that's the only fair way, and that's the way it was done. And it's his game, not yours, he can decide what a real test is.

And if the normal server doesn't go down in world wars, which it hasn't, CN:TE will be fine.

-Bama

Registration is impossible. I've been trying for several hours now. It hasn't been offline all day today. How can one register when registration is simply doesn't work? The only way in is to either magically appear ingame or through invite. Like I said, it's like a windows beta program.

There is no other way in.

Edited by Themistocles

Registration is impossible. I've been trying for several hours now. It hasn't been offline all day today. How can one register when registration is simply doesn't work? The only way in is to either magically appear ingame or through invite. Like I said, it's like a windows beta program.

As stated many times already, admin has CLOSED registration after 219 members joined.

Please read things before making ignorant and unfounded complaints. Alpha testing is limited to ~200 nations those slots were filled on a first come first serve basis. Once 219 people had registered Admin closed registration for this run of the alpha test. Registration will reopen on August 4th at 12am server time and again will be limited to about 200 nations and slots will be filled on a first come first serve basis.

Don't you get it? After the first 250 people registered, REGISTRATION WAS TURNED OFF!!! It's called a closed test. Registration WAS open to the public, not by invite. Admin just turned it off after the first 250. I fail to see how that shows favoritism.

-Bama

Don't you get it? After the first 250 people registered, REGISTRATION WAS TURNED OFF!!! It's called a closed test. Registration WAS open to the public, not by invite. Admin just turned it off after the first 250. I fail to see how that shows favoritism.

-Bama

I must apologize to every body in this thread. I am sorry if I offended any of you in any way.

I also apologize to admin. I am having a conflict with another CN player, as a result I am not in the best of moods. I just hope your forgiving. Again, I am sorry if I offended any of you in any way.