Events

Events  

185 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I just want to see if collecting now has better advantages by getting a higher percentage of good events since this would encourage people not to improvement swap, something I've heard the admin doesn't like, since more collections might mean more good events.

I would ask this in the "official" event thread, but the poll is very important, and it wouldn't be possible there.

Problem isn't the frequency. Problem is unbalanced severity. Even if they were properly balanced, it still wouldn't stop swapping.

Swapping slowdown because of events will only happen if both the frequency and severity of events were fully skewed to the positive side enough to overcome the losses incurred by not swapping.

Give us a positive reason to stop. Like cash.

As it stands now, the severity of negative events make swapping more popular than ever.

I believe I have only collected once since events were reinstituted, but have 5 of them from paying bills -- 3 bad, 2 good. Fortunately I don't have Affluent Population as I was able to "negate" that event twice by choosing that choice.

Since the day Events were implemented again, I have been paying my bills daily and collecting every other day, and thankfully, no events

*BlackKight knocks on wood and sits by Gen. Lee

Edited by BlackKnight

5 events total. all 5 negative.

i agree on the more frequent than 10% comment. i think admin should look at his math again.

It is 10% across the pool of ~31000 nations in the game though. Just on this page are several players who have received no event yet. You just happen to be at the other extreme.

So far I got three events, all from paying bills. One bad event, which was to lose Affluent Population and the other two was the sporting event. :awesome: Anyone know what's the maximum events one could get in a month?

So far I got three events, all from paying bills. One bad event, which was to lose Affluent Population and the other two was the sporting event. :awesome: Anyone know what's the maximum events one could get in a month?

You can currently have up to 8 events active at any one time. Though once you have three events, the odds of getting another one are lowered.

You can currently have up to 8 events active at any one time. Though once you have three events, the odds of getting another one are lowered.

Ah, okay. Good, now I dont' have to be as worried when I'm paying my bills. :awesome:

Only one event so far and that was:

Due to some rather exceptional blunders by members of your government a portion of your population is rising up in rebellion. Option selected. See Current Response.

Option 2: Send forces in to quell the rebellion. Lose access to Affluent Population.

I'd call that a positive considering I didn't have it in the first place. :lol:

wow the weight is more towards negative unless it just happens that the people with negative events are the people coming onto the forum due to the events being all negative.

Well, given Admin's obvious feelings about swapping, I wouldn't be surprised if the implementation was as suggested earlier in the thread.

I higher chance of getting a good event whilst collecting taxes and a higher chance of getting a bad event whilst paying bills. We'd have to wait for the number crunching for any confirmation though.

Well, given Admin's obvious feelings about swapping, I wouldn't be surprised if the implementation was as suggested earlier in the thread.

I higher chance of getting a good event whilst collecting taxes and a higher chance of getting a bad event whilst paying bills. We'd have to wait for the number crunching for any confirmation though.

If he actually did do this, I would hope he would at least say something about there being a difference between them. If we don't know Collecting Taxes gets you better events, we won't stop improvement swapping, and we'll just keep thinking we get bad luck.

I don't think he would have made such a difference without saying anything.