How to Make the Price of Tech Go Down

LynnCreed

Agreed, both of you. I remember when tech was $2,400,000 per 100 tech; and, keep in mind that tech was worth MUCH more back then (raised your NS much, much more). But when I raised the price to $2,500,000 people would complain and stop buying tech. Sounds a bit silly now, doesn't it?

Thats just sounds cheap and greedy. Why would you tie up an aid slot for 40 days for a reward of only $350K? Even for a very small nation that doesn't buy jack squat and you are stuck sending out tech for a month.

If you think that the 350k pure profit is the best part of a tech deal for a small nation, you are missing the most advantageous part of tech deals.

Really? Didn't $3M for 150 tech used to be considered cheap?

But now $3M for 100 tech is considered cheap.

Next $3M for 50 tech will be considered cheap.

Personally, I'm against tech dealing. For me at 3610 tech, it costs ~$4M for 10 tech. I still buy it that way. It obviously isn't a severe detriment to my growth seeing as I'm ranked #150-something.

As the nation's medium strength has gone up and there hasn't been an inflow of new people to register in the game, then the price of tech has to have gone up. There were indeed days, when you could easily find somebody to sell you tech for one million, but try to find somebody to sell sth for this price now.

You're cheating other tech sellers. 3 mil for 100 tech is a pretty good deal for all concerned.

thats called "free market". If he thinks he makes enough profit with it, what is to say against that? Obviously he can't deliver to everyone :)

Edited by (DAC)Syzygy

thats called "free market". If he thinks he makes enough profit with it, what is to say against that? Obviously he can't deliver to everyone :)

Heh, well I'm not up for regulating the tech market. But I'm just saying there are certain people that come into an alliance and start undercutting everyone. It's really annoying.

Having said that...I'd give 3 mil for 150 tech anyday! :D

Stop giving aid to people. Make them sell tech to earn funds to rebuild from wars or grow from being tiny nations. Don't let people beg for aid and don't give aid as an alliance sign-up bonus. That'll inrease the supply of tech. It'll also mean that more than one nation benefits when someone joins an alliance. Instead of throwing away 3 million so a little nation can get bigger, people will get something out of it.

Also, pass this advice along.

If you want your own alliance to epically fail in terms of growth, sure go ahead and don't help your smallest nations. There is only one reason why tech market has increased in price : Tech matters

Long tome ago 20 tech for tanks or +100 tech for nukes was all you needed. Afterwards it only became necessary to have have a bit over 100 so you could continue buying level 9 fighters and bombers. Later a wonder and ground combat started getting more out of having tech in the thousands, but really, it didn't make all that much difference. Then the best airforce then required 1000 tech (quickly reduced to 500) but going over 500 didn't do all that much. On top of that tech started being destructible with various changes to damage results making it less optimal to create an really high nation strength for nuclear capability and now tech matters only a quarter in NS calculations than it used too.

Now:

Technology increases damages caused in ground battles, cruise missile attacks, nuclear missile attacks, and aircraft bombing attacks by 0.01% per level of technology

It is for many large nations a very good way to increase your combat ability since infrastructure becomes very, very expensive. 5000 tech and the WRC wonder doubles the infra damage you cause, making you really a pain in the rear to attack. More importantly, the more tech you have the more dangerous you get and that is a new thing in CyberNations. So right now a lot of nation increasing their tech level because the more they have the better they will fare when a war comes around.

Edited by alpreb

Back a long time ago when tech deals were uncommon I think my first tech deal I sold 33 tech for 2mil.

But for those of you saying 3mil/150 tech is bad for the sellers you couldn't be more wrong. On this nation with careful planning I reached 5k infra and bought my first wonder when the nation was 69 days old. I did this with all 3mil/150 tech deals. People just need to learn how to manage their money better. 90% of the people that play this game manage their nation horribly.

i should try to unite all tech sellers and some of these comments i could quote and be very helpful. if it saves you 105 million!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! some sellers would take a year to make that why do you care for an extra 1.5 million for half your tech. something i have noticed is that sellers are silly and spend the money and blow your deal with a 3 million for 50 deal, they just buy it then spend the rest and you are almost garanteed your tech.

If I do tech deals, I do them internally with my alliance.

We do 1mil for 50 tech, and aren't raising our prices anytime soon. Also if buyers are feeling wealthy we'll lump an extra few 100k on the buying price.

Internal deals are far easier, and our members don't mind about the prices we pay, they're happy to get deals and get some money out of it.

ISSF has recently increased their standard price from 3/100 to 2/50 ofc im not all that happy but i cant blame them. I remember when i used to sell robbed tecj for 1.2 and once I got 1.5 and considered myself very lucky. But then again that was when I got a donation for 1,5 million and 50 tech. Times change inflation guess this game is sometimes quite realistic ;)

I'm perfectly happy to pay 3m/100. Once I reach around 3k tech I think I will switch over to, 3m/50 to help the smaller nations in my alliance. If you wanna' complain about 3m/100 I can't stop you, but I think it makes you pathetic cheapskates. 3m/100 is dirt cheap, and I feel a little bad paying it instead of 3m/50, however if I'm going to reach nuke range I need the tech a bit faster...

I'm perfectly happy to pay 3m/100. Once I reach around 3k tech I think I will switch over to, 3m/50 to help the smaller nations in my alliance. If you wanna' complain about 3m/100 I can't stop you, but I think it makes you pathetic cheapskates. 3m/100 is dirt cheap, and I feel a little bad paying it instead of 3m/50, however if I'm going to reach nuke range I need the tech a bit faster...

there was a time when 3m for 150 was the standard....ah the good ole days

there was a time when 3m for 150 was the standard....ah the good ole days

The good ole days where when you could get a double donation deal for 3mil/50 tech...

And I wasn't even around for the first year of CN, but could STILL get that deal... musta been really cheap before that :)

I do a 3 mil for 100 tech and a 3 mil for 50 tech deal every 10 days with my alliance mates.

This way I do not require any free handouts from my alliance and can contribute to it effectively.

I do recommend that small nations earn their keep rather than simply expect their alliance to hand it to them. This way the alliance as a whole grows.