How to Make the Price of Tech Go Down

LynnCreed

Stop giving aid to people. Make them sell tech to earn funds to rebuild from wars or grow from being tiny nations. Don't let people beg for aid and don't give aid as an alliance sign-up bonus. That'll inrease the supply of tech. It'll also mean that more than one nation benefits when someone joins an alliance. Instead of throwing away 3 million so a little nation can get bigger, people will get something out of it.

Also, pass this advice along.

3 million for 100 tech is INCREDIBLY cheap. it's so cheap, it's ridiculous.

Really? Didn't $3M for 150 tech used to be considered cheap?

But now $3M for 100 tech is considered cheap.

Next $3M for 50 tech will be considered cheap.

Personally, I'm against tech dealing. For me at 3610 tech, it costs ~$4M for 10 tech. I still buy it that way. It obviously isn't a severe detriment to my growth seeing as I'm ranked #150-something.

Really? Didn't $3M for 150 tech used to be considered cheap?

But now $3M for 100 tech is considered cheap.

Next $3M for 50 tech will be considered cheap.

Personally, I'm against tech dealing. For me at 3610 tech, it costs ~$4M for 10 tech. I still buy it that way. It obviously isn't a severe detriment to my growth seeing as I'm ranked #150-something.

i'm lost as to why you'd buy it at outrageous prices like that when you could do it more cheaply.

i'm lost as to why you'd buy it at outrageous prices like that when you could do it more cheaply.

Because tech dealing, it'd take me months to gain 1000 tech. The old fashioned way... I could by 1,000 tech in... about 3 or 4 minutes, depending how long it takes to go through the buy screen 100 times.

yeah but you wouldn't be able to do anything else with your money. Anyway, clearly the tech-dealing or others would't effect you in any negative way so...why post here? Not trying to be contrary or anything I just don't see why it matters to you whether other people sell tech. *shrug*

Stop giving aid to people. Make them sell tech to earn funds to rebuild from wars or grow from being tiny nations. Don't let people beg for aid and don't give aid as an alliance sign-up bonus. That'll inrease the supply of tech. It'll also mean that more than one nation benefits when someone joins an alliance. Instead of throwing away 3 million so a little nation can get bigger, people will get something out of it.

Reason people are in an alliance is to grow and be protected, while helping their alliance grow and help it. Just sending aid helps alliance nations re grow more quickly then forcing to sell tech. If thats how you do it then fine by me, but to me, those that need rebuilding aid I would gladly send aid to.

Also 150 tech/3 mil is very cheap still.

Not going to happen b/c of the inherent competition between alliances. If you're alliance A and you stop offering newbie aid, while next door Alliance B continues offering newbie aid, guess who's going to get the new recruits! There is no incentive to stop pouring cash into new nations (though most of it gets wasted - I agree) because every other alliance will be.

And, btw, in a matter of months the standard rate of tech will be 150 tech / $6mill. The 100 tech / $3mill is becoming more and more obsolete because of the ever-increasing amount of nations who need to buy tech. Sure we've got the continuous supply of sellers as new nations join the game.... but larger nations basically never stop buying tech, and we have more and more of these large nations every day. So you heard it here first; $6mill / 150 tech in a five-aid-slot deal.

that sounds painful just thinking about it. XD someday i'll be buying tech and i really don't wanna pay that much. :-P

By the time you're making $16mill per day collecting taxes, the price isn't an issue at all. For most large nations, we worry about the use of our aid slots and the efficiency of the deal(s); I'm happy to pay a bit extra if I get my tech correctly and on-time.

I'm rebuilding my nation and need some money. I am selling tech for infra money (as the creator of this topic so wisely suggests xD).

Right now my tech is 0.00 so bigger nations would be smart in taking advantage of my cheap prices...

If you are interested message me in-game.

You can find me here: http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_d...ation_ID=239346

- Hassan

This is not the place for soliciting tech deals, you should post in the black market inside the all team forum.

So you heard it here first; $6mill / 150 tech in a five-aid-slot deal.

Not quite accurate.

I started this deal months ago.

I still am looking for a new seller.

View my Black Market post.

Current Technology: 5,919.49

Technology Costs Per Level: $664,841.18

For me it would cost 67ish mil to buy 100 of my own tech. So anything less than that is a deal.

But for the little nations selling @ 3mil for 150 tech is insane.

They are unable to grow and will get bored with the game and quit.

Without Microchips or 2 Universities and buying tech 10 10 10 10 10 = 50 their cost is $878,000.00

* 3 = $2,634,000.00

For a 10 day profit of only $366,000.00 or 36k a day.

You should send the sellers food stamps if you are treating them like that.

Under my plan they make nearly 400k a day or 4 mil profit every 10 days.

Um, considering that those nations are getting free money by selling tech at even 3mil/150, it's still a good deal for them... not sure how getting free money hurts them..

Thats just sounds cheap and greedy. Why would you tie up an aid slot for 40 days for a reward of only $350K? Even for a very small nation that doesn't buy jack squat and you are stuck sending out tech for a month.

My Technology Costs Per Level: $1,086,033.65

I think technology is WAY too cheap on the open market. I buy 100tech for 3M, but they would cost me 108.60M from the game. So, with every of these deals I make a 'profit' of ~105M, while the seller makes ~1.5M.

So, what is needed are

- a 1/3rd, better 1/5th rule for sending out tech, cash and military to force the small nations to pay a lot more to initially BUY the tech

- adapting of the aid-limits (bound to nation size) to enable the big nations to pay for the increased price (and help each other in war + making the FAC useful)

considering that most nation who buy tech save SIGNIFICANTLY more than the sellers profit, i dont see why there would be an issue of the price of tech going up. even if the price of tech doubles, or even triples, its still a buyers market by a long shot.