Events are back!

MotherAfrica

Yeah, this is bullsh*i!!! I've had 5 different bad events, four are the same. In two weeks I've had two major earthquakes, two extreme droughts, and one failing housing market.

Let's turn this sh*t off or do it more fairly/ realistic.

True that. Currently sitting with 4 stacked -ve events, totalling -$18 income and -3 happiness.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just switch it so you can't have more than 2 events at once. If you get 2 positive, hooray for you, 1 and 1, should be neutral, 2 negative, oh well bad luck, but at list it shouldn't be crippling, unless you get that 2x -$10.00 income or something.

Yeah, this is bullsh*i!!! I've had 5 different bad events, four are the same. In two weeks I've had two major earthquakes, two extreme droughts, and one failing housing market.

Let's turn this sh*t off or do it more fairly/ realistic.

I got 5 events, and I'm not crying about it... you all say you want events to be more realistic and you want things to be more complex in the game...

The problem I have with the code so far is that people should not be getting the same event more then once.. not hard to code... impo

so therefore that part of the coding needs to be changed.....

in the words of the gonvernator, stop whining..

well so far I have heard nothing but whining, and nothing in the way of explaining more details of what events one has and how those events are causing problems...

people are posting, I dont like it get rid of it..

no examples, no solutions, no solutions or ideas offered to Admin other then turn them off, get rid of them... which to me is not a solution. its a cop out and a way to make the game easier.

offer solutions to the problem...

well so far I have heard nothing but whining, and nothing in the way of explaining more details of what events one has and how those events are causing problems...

people are posting, I dont like it get rid of it..

no examples, no solutions, no solutions or ideas offered to Admin other then turn them off, get rid of them... which to me is not a solution. its a cop out and a way to make the game easier.

offer solutions to the problem...

If you'll look, some sort of a solution was posted. Fix it so you won't get the same event just a day or two after the same.

6/17 - Severe drought: -$5

6/22 - Earthquake: -$5

6/22 - Severe Drought: -$5

6/28 - Failing Housing Market: -$3

7/2 - Earthquake: -$5

Summary: All this within 15 days, $23 less salary. That sir...is BULLLLLSH*****T.

I've toned down the frequency of receiving events. I also toned down the effects of the really bad "storms" event. See the game update log for more details.

I'm constantly adding new events to the game so the percentage of good:bad events has changed since the re-release of events last month and it will continue to fluctuate as I add new events.

So, does that mean your nation will only have 3 events total (forever), or a max of 3 events at a time?

That means a max of 3 active events. Once 1 or more of those events expire you'll resume receiving events until your reach the maximum again.

I've toned down the frequency of receiving events. I also toned down the effects of the really bad "storms" event. See the game update log for more details.

I'm constantly adding new events to the game so the percentage of good:bad events has changed since the re-release of events last month and it will continue to fluctuate as I add new events.

Hehehe, admin made a typo. "Toned town". :awesome:

tonedtownny8.jpg

7-2-2008

- Alliances now need 200 total members rather than 300 total members in order to be considered for sanctioned alliance status.

- The frequency of receiving an event has been toned down. The odds of receiving an event drop to 7% after the first event, 3% after two events, and 0% after three events. Those nations with 4+ events since the re-release of events last month will have those events remain active in the game until they expire.

- The really negative "storms" event has been toned down.

Oh thank you for this update :wub:

Having had storms I really appreciate halving the bad effects :D

Edited by KayvanShrike

Thank you! Some really good jump starting your nations growth events would be nice like the old +15% population one to offset some of the seemingly devastating ones. But thats just a thought.

Or he could just let us run our nations with our own merits and skills instead of random good or bad luck......

If only life worked that way Zeke. Don't forget that this is a simulation game and such things that force players to make tough decisions and react to unexpected events is a good thing in my book.