Clarification of tech/damage update

choop

5-22-2008

- As described on 5-21 technology now increases damages caused in battle by +.01% per level of technology. This update affects ground battles, cruise missile attacks, nuclear missile attacks, and aircraft bombing attacks.

A couple of clarification questions:

- Does defending technology mitigate this damage at the same rate? If not, does it mitigate at any rate whatsoever?

- Does "damages" refer to infra, tech, land, and casualties?

the damage just goes up. if you have 5,000tech you do +50% damage with all your attacks for example. there is (currently) no way for the defender to reduce that damage (you can only have high own techrates to retaliate in the same manner). That is intentionally to scale up destruction for higher ranked nations.

infra: defnitely

tech: yes, also applies to loot

land: unknown, but i simply assume it

money: unknown, but i simply assume it

casualties: unknown, but I dont think so.

the damage just goes up. if you have 5,000tech you do +50% damage with all your attacks for example. there is (currently) no way for the defender to reduce that damage (you can only have high own techrates to retaliate in the same manner). That is intentionally to scale up destruction for higher ranked nations.

Damn, I was going to attack you for suggesting the enviroment update but it looks like you'd kick my $@! even worse now.

...just kidding. :awesome:

I did not include money in this update. I'm not sure why, I guess I just thought it might be excessive. It probably wouldn't be excessive since the nations with that much tech would probably not have a problem recovering from say $1.5 million looted compared to the usual $1 million. It would be easy to add money into this update. Thoughts?

I did not include money in this update. I'm not sure why, I guess I just thought it might be excessive. It probably wouldn't be excessive since the nations with that much tech would probably not have a problem recovering from say $1.5 million looted compared to the usual $1 million. It would be easy to add money into this update. Thoughts?

It would fit in well, but I can't say I'd enjoy losing more money <_< , but as mentioned above you could tune up the pentagon a little bit :D

Technology adding to money looted seems like a great idea because it scales as you grow. Does technology add to nukes as well?

I did suggest the ammount of lootable cash be based on infra a while back (not approved yet). I think infra would be a better factor to influence that than tech, because you're looting cash to pay bills which depend on infra level, but that's just me >.>

I also think tech should increase the amount of money stolen, but what about when you're the attacking nation and you lose money, should that also be increased?

This is a good question. It would seem fair that if you can raid more money from your opponent then you should stand to lose more money should you get defeated in a ground attack. You technology has made your weapons more powerful so they are obviously worth more when captured.

I think it would make more sense if the amount of tech you received from a successful attack was based on the difference between the winner's and loser's tech levels. After all, what new technology is a superpower realistically going to gain from a third world country?

I think it would make more sense if the amount of tech you received from a successful attack was based on the difference between the winner's and loser's tech levels. After all, what new technology is a superpower realistically going to gain from a third world country?
I like this suggestion.

pentagon already increases your ability to win battles by strenthening your army +20%. Imho that is a pretty good bonus which can decide if you win or lose a battle. Over time even make you win a war. However, I have been told the Pentagon does only work for attacking battles, which is pretty stupid, since the logistical enhancements and coordination would surely also apply for defense. Thats seriously a flaw which should be corrected, but after that its a pretty worthwile wonder for everyone who goes to war often.

Edited by (DAC)Syzygy

However, I have been told the Pentagon does only work for attacking battles, which is pretty stupid, since the logistical enhancements and coordination would surely also apply for defense.

I had to look at the code but you are correct. The Pentagon should apply to both atttacking and defending ground battles. If the US were attacked the first to know and to coordinate a response would be the Pentagon. I have updated the wonder.

I love this quick reaction! Good going admin! Thanks for all the new updates!

I totally agree... now if we can now also get some new improvements to help offset the environment change a bit it would be totally awesome. :) Even if they're not to offset the environment change it'd be good too. I have quite a few improvements slots left and already have all improvements I could possibly buy (except GCs in peace)

I had to look at the code but you are correct. The Pentagon should apply to both atttacking and defending ground battles. If the US were attacked the first to know and to coordinate a response would be the Pentagon. I have updated the wonder.

Was the only change made regarding the Pentagon wonder? Or has Choop's question in the OP about increasing amounts of technology while defending a war taken into account as well?