Round 66 Discussion

While I appreciate the willingness to make tweaks, defeat alerts of $2 million will not make a meaningful difference in the strategy of 'turtle-nuking'. You'd be better off just keeping DAs at $600k. This half-measure only negatively impacts people trying to survive, without closing the turtling loophole. We really needed to see a minimum of $5m defeat alerts to make a difference in this area.

To be blunt - I see no point in playing TE until the turtling loophole is closed. Gameplay just isn't very fun when the only two realistic routes the round goes are 1) you lose straight-up, or 2) you fight an even war or seem to be winning, so your opponent stops buying troops. Yawn. 

Best of luck to everyone else in round 66 though!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, firingline said:

While I appreciate the willingness to make tweaks, defeat alerts of $2 million will not make a meaningful difference in the strategy of 'turtle-nuking'. You'd be better off just keeping DAs at $600k. This half-measure only negatively impacts people trying to survive, without closing the turtling loophole. We really needed to see a minimum of $5m defeat alerts to make a difference in this area.

To be blunt - I see no point in playing TE until the turtling loophole is closed. Gameplay just isn't very fun when the only two realistic routes the round goes are 1) you lose straight-up, or 2) you fight an even war or seem to be winning, so your opponent stops buying troops. Yawn. 

Best of luck to everyone else in round 66 though!

2m was sort of a compromise between those not wanting any change and those asking for 5m. I suppose a true median would be 2.8m but I'm still open to suggestions. It's not Friday morning yet. 😉

Yeah I hear you, I totally get the idea of a compromise, I just feel $2m doesn't actually address the problem with turtling. So while the dollar amount is a compromise, the effective outcome isn't - turtling is still profitable with the new values, and nothing changes as far as gameplay goes.

To me, turtling is the thing that saps all the fun out of the game. It's become "heads and your opponent wins, tails and your opponent turtles." $2m per day for a round of war only destroys $10m, and therefore it's still profitable to turtle if you think you're at any risk of losing. 

Frankly, if I had to guess, you lowered Defeat Alerts originally in the spirit of allowing people to get back into the fight and continue on for the whole round. Not so that one of the best strategies in the game is to "lie there and take it" and rebuild right after the war like it never even happened. I just think that goes against the spirit of TE.

20 hours ago, admin said:

CN:TE Round 66 will start Friday 5/31, around mid-morning.

Changes for this upcoming round:

There will be a max of 4 aid slots. 2 by default and +1 with a Foreign Ministry, and +1 with Disaster Relief Agency.

The foreign aid limits for this round will be $25m, 200 tech, and 4000 soldiers.

Defeat alerts will destroy $2 million, up from $600k in previous rounds.

This will be a 90 day round.

No wonder requirement, prerequisite or number of days old reached for aid to flow would allow for abuse/ far too easy aid IMO.

The reason we don't want increased defeat alerts is because it disproportionately affects the smaller micro alliances who can easily get double and triple teamed. In reality that can happen to anybody.

It will not really affect the richest nations in the game though unless somehow, they too get dogpiled.

Who it will drastically affect are alliances ranked #3 #4 #5 and so on.

38 minutes ago, StevieG said:

No wonder requirement, prerequisite or number of days old reached for aid to flow would allow for abuse/ far too easy aid IMO.

Thanks for the reminder. The Federal Aid Commission wonder is set to 3,000 infrastructure instead of 2,000 infrastructure to purchase.