Special cnte round

tehol

Hello,

I propose a special cnte round:

- aid slots permitted, but need FAC wonder first

- FAC has infra minimum (eg, 2000 infra required to buy)

- *no cap* on sending tech or cash

The idea is to test this suggestion: 

The reason for needing the FAC wonder before sending aid is to prevent abusing cash received upon starting a new nation. Nations must build before sending aid.

The other normal CNTE modifications (cheaper infra for rebuilding, income bonuses etc) should stay the same. The GOAL is to recreate CNSE in a short window (highly unequal nations) and see what happens without caps on aid. For this special round to really be interesting I think it should be a longer round, perhaps 120+ days. Around day 80-90 I recall many nations are able to get into the 5-6k infra range, which is starting to be mid tier in cnse.

thanks

tehol

On 11/26/2023 at 10:52 PM, tehol said:

Hello,

I propose a special cnte round:

- aid slots permitted, but need FAC wonder first

- FAC has infra minimum (eg, 2000 infra required to buy)

- *no cap* on sending tech or cash

The idea is to test this suggestion: 

The reason for needing the FAC wonder before sending aid is to prevent abusing cash received upon starting a new nation. Nations must build before sending aid.

The other normal CNTE modifications (cheaper infra for rebuilding, income bonuses etc) should stay the same. The GOAL is to recreate CNSE in a short window (highly unequal nations) and see what happens without caps on aid. For this special round to really be interesting I think it should be a longer round, perhaps 120+ days. Around day 80-90 I recall many nations are able to get into the 5-6k infra range, which is starting to be mid tier in cnse.

thanks

tehol

I support testing this idea!

I support this too. I won’t play because i don’t have time for TE, but I am interested in the SE implications.

If I’ve saved/built a ton of money or tech or soldiers and want to screw myself over by sending it all to someone else, why shouldn’t i be able to? It’s not like nations irl have caps.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/21/2023 at 12:57 PM, tehol said:

Amazing!! Thank you, I am *extremely* excited for this.

I wasn't sure FAC should only be required to send aid, or if both sender and receiver should have it. For now the FAC is required for both sender and receiver. 

I think that’s a good addition. I’m not sure it will matter much if players prioritize the wonder … which they might not, depending on how they want their initial build/collect. it will be very interesting to see. Thank you for the very interesting round!