Top 14 for round 25

Right. I got to #9 in casualties by dodging war. There were a few in RE that were just ahead of me in casualties as well.

Casualties have a lot to do with what infra level you are able to buy to. By sitting on your hands you were able to buy a good amount of infra to sustain more casualties at the end. If I had sat out the whole round in order to flag run I could have probably finished pretty high in casualties myself. The only indicator of war dodging that is relevant is the amount of wars you fought, at what time and against whom. Seeing as RE and SUN fought less wars then every other alliance worth talking about, I'd say you fit the bill pretty well.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess we should have picked a tougher enemy than ODN in the first war? 

In any event, we fought three wars, two of which we were technically swinging up for, we won all three, and our top finisher finished near the top in casualties. Doesn't sound like "war dodging" to me.

You sound like you've got a wicked case of the sour grapes. 

Yes you should have. Or at the very least, grouped us with someone to make it seem fair. You fought two easy wars and one tough one. You won all 3 to your credit but your war choices tell us who you are. You are in slightly higher regard then alliances like RE and SUN but only slightly.

Technically two wars, then a tech raid by us, then a roguing.

OP took it easy on you guys, aiming to make you someone else's problem (insufficient nuclear pressure at the top), but eventually it turned out that it became our responsibility to take you out.

You apparently also got lucky when WD was unable to hit RE due to an attack by TPC, and you also got lucky when WD failed to nuke you on the final day. Crusader nuking you back also removed our bargaining position to hit Leafsrock / Dubiety / Hail to the King / Janro again with nukes.

==

RE's yield is 4-6 flags. 3 direct flags, one via a runner hidden in Warriors, 1, I presume, via a deal, the other via what I suspect is a sleeper. It's a good yield; why can't you admit to having played the round like flag runners?

I would have preferred bringing home 7 flags, but it is what it is.

Regardless, it was a great round. 

B-)

Well,congratulations to the  Rest of US... the bottom 100 hundred nations of the Tournament, too...! Lol!  :lol1:

Heck!, congratz to all the 5 to 6 hundred of us who also participated here...! We had fun, and some of the most insane declarations of TE...! Ha!  ;)  :lol1:  :frantic: 

Casualties have a lot to do with what infra level you are able to buy to. By sitting on your hands you were able to buy a good amount of infra to sustain more casualties at the end. If I had sat out the whole round in order to flag run I could have probably finished pretty high in casualties myself. The only indicator of war dodging that is relevant is the amount of wars you fought, at what time and against whom. Seeing as RE and SUN fought less wars then every other alliance worth talking about, I'd say you fit the bill pretty well.

I was ranked in the top few percent of casualties for the entire round, not just the end. So if you meant "knowing how to build better than everyone else," instead of "sitting on your hands," then I may agree with you. As it is, I would guess I (and the rest of RE) had more total war slots in use this round than most on other AAs. I'm sorry that our competence is making you feel bad.

I understand you're bitter. I'm going to be completely honest with you in hopes that you'll at least look at the rest of my AA in a better light. I really couldn't care less what you think of me, so here goes. This round, over half of War Doves were new people. I believe we hovered somewhere around 25-30 people all round. So when I picked ODN as targets for our first war, it was a downdeclare yes, but no where near as big as you claim it to be. I was playing it safe for a newer AA, with over half of our membership being new recruits (from NEUTRAL alliances!) Some of my guys were punching up (as I'm sure you remember since you took out what was my then top tier singlehandedly because they failed to coordinate attacks with eachother.) Before I declared war, I didn't know that a good chuck of people would actually coordinate and be online for update blitzes. It seems you had more faith in my AA than I did. I apologize for not picking a better war.

I was ranked in the top few percent of casualties for the entire round, not just the end. So if you meant "knowing how to build better than everyone else," instead of "sitting on your hands," then I may agree with you. As it is, I would guess I (and the rest of RE) had more total war slots in use this round than most on other AAs. I'm sorry that our competence is making you feel bad.

How many alliance wars did RE fight? How long before the end of the round wars did RE sit on its hands? 

The answer to the first question is 2. The average was in the 3-4 range.

The answer to the second question is 1 month. No other alliance sat on their hands that long. 

If I dodged war that long and made slimy deals (which I have confirmation of) at the end of the round then I would have not only finished in the top ten but I would have finished higher than any RE nation by a big margin. Some competence you have there. 

@ Samwise.

Even if I grant you that your first war was a test run. You then fought a second easy war against Vexilodge + UPN. I have my doubts that a war with TPC would have happened if TPC hadn't made the first move but at least you fought one tough war and 3 total wars which is more then I can say for some others...

I've made my point here.

Props to the alliances that are truly trying to make the game fun. Shout out to TPC for 5 difficult wars including a suicide run at the end. Shout out to Hellas who always give it their all in every war. And of course shout out to my own alliance who got to declare one fair war (Props to TFK for dealing out massive damage) outside of two down declares against us.

Huge Middle Finger to RE who makes it a point to war dodge every round and SUN who decided to sit on their hands along side them for the last month.

Wag of my finger to War Doves. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for one round, I hope to see better things from you next round.

How many alliance wars did RE fight? How long before the end of the round wars did RE sit on its hands? 

The answer to the first question is 2. The average was in the 3-4 range.

The answer to the second question is 1 month. No other alliance sat on their hands that long. 

If I dodged war that long and made slimy deals (which I have confirmation of) at the end of the round then I would have not only finished in the top ten but I would have finished higher than any RE nation by a big margin. Some competence you have there. 

Please stop embarrassing yourself. You're clearly butt-hurt, but this is just pathetic. Those who won were clearly the best nation builders & fighters. Our first war was the only non-bullshit war at the start of the round and to say otherwise is inaccurate. You're acting as if we didn't have three defensive war slots like everyone else in TE.

Newsflash: we did. Anyone could have hit us at any given time, so get out of here with the  "you didn't fight for an entire month" line. 

Listen, buddy, it's not our fault you're incompetent; it's not our fault you spent an entire round in a shit alliance; it's not our fault you lack the ability to play "smart" in a lackluster nation building simulator. Most of us didn't even have time to play, that bundled with the fact that most of RE was inactive this round shows you how incapable people are (this isn't for everyone, just the vast majority of you). There's a reason alliances like OP & TPC are hands-down the two best alliances: everyone else is either busy or they lack intuition, much like you do. 

Either way, this round is over. You lost, get over it. I've been there too. Here's my suggestion: go outside, get some vitamin d and take this game for what is is - a game. 

Please stop embarrassing yourself. You're clearly butt-hurt, but this is just pathetic. Those who won were clearly the best nation builders & fighters. Our first war was the only non-bullshit war at the start of the round and to say otherwise is inaccurate. You're acting as if we didn't have three defensive war slots like everyone else in TE.

Newsflash: we did. Anyone could have hit us at any given time, so get out of here with the  "you didn't fight for an entire month" line. 

Listen, buddy, it's not our fault you're incompetent; it's not our fault you spent an entire round in a shit alliance; it's not our fault you lack the ability to play "smart" in a lackluster nation building simulator. Most of us didn't even have time to play, that bundled with the fact that most of RE was inactive this round shows you how incapable people are (this isn't for everyone, just the vast majority of you). There's a reason alliances like OP & TPC are hands-down the two best alliances: everyone else is either busy or they lack intuition, much like you do. 

Either way, this round is over. You lost, get over it. I've been there too. Here's my suggestion: go outside, get some vitamin d and take this game for what is is - a game. 

You should calm down and get some air. And no, I don't agree that if no one hits you that you are competent. I also don't agree that dealing with certain alliances to get nuked early in the day is competence either. We clearly have different ideas of competence.

If possible, please provide some insight on those "slimy" deals?

Also, just read your post on how RE war dodges every round. I really don't know, this is my first round back but I highly doubt it. But someone as experienced as you ought to know, so who am I to question you? 

I don't know what we'd do without you! You truly are a gem like no other. 

If possible, please provide some insight on those "slimy" deals?

Also, just read your post on how RE war dodges every round. I really don't know, this is my first round back but I highly doubt it. But someone as experienced as you ought to know, so who am I to question you? 

I don't know what we'd do without you! You truly are a gem like no other. 

Goalpost shift. :D

You should calm down and get some air. And no, I don't agree that if no one hits you that you are competent. I also don't agree that dealing with certain alliances to get nuked early in the day is competence either. We clearly have different ideas of competence.

You're absolutely right, I really need to go outside more often. I'm not alluding to this round as my reference point, please ask around. Clearly we made deals with certain alliances to get nuked early... yeah, no. You might have the wrong alliance though. Call out War Doves for that not RE. 

Seriously go get some air. Let it go. We'll meet next round if you decide to play. We shall see how competent you are then.

Seriously, dude, I'm okay. If anyone needs to let it go, it's you. Alas, we probably won't meet again: I barely had time to play this round.

I'd like to point out how amusing it is that you honestly believe I find you threatening. Once again, I suggest you learn the basics of this game before you do anything crafty.  

Seriously, dude, I'm okay. If anyone needs to let it go, it's you. Alas, we probably won't meet again: I barely had time to play this round.

I'd like to point out how amusing it is that you honestly believe I find you threatening. Once again, I suggest you learn the basics of this game before you do anything crafty.  

I've already won more rounds then you have. I don't think I have anything to prove. Nor have I stated anywhere that I care what you think. I am merely responding for everyone outside of RE and SUN because alliances that play a certain way should always get what they have coming in the next round. TFK got it this round. TPC before that. RE before that. etc. etc.

edited - for was the word I was looking for.

Edited by OverlordShinnra

I've already won more rounds then you have. I don't think I have anything to prove. Nor have I stated anywhere that I care what you think. I am merely responding for everyone outside of RE and SUN because alliances that play a certain way should always get what they have coming in the next round. TFK got it this round. TPC before that. RE before that. etc. etc.

edit - sytax

You're still under the impression that this was RE's doing. I can't tell if you're just naive or idiotic. Also, no, you haven't won more rounds than I have; it's not even close. Please do your research. 

Anyways, I have to go get some air. Take it easy, bro. 

You're absolutely right, I really need to go outside more often. I'm not alluding to this round as my reference point, please ask around. Clearly we made deals with certain alliances to get nuked early... yeah, no. You might have the wrong alliance though. Call out War Doves for that not RE. 

Keep mine, and my alliance's name out of your mouth. You've done nothing but try to divert your unwanted attention to me this past round when I have done nothing to you. It didn't work then, and it's not going to work now. Seriously, what's your deal with me? I'd like to know. Because up until now you've been too cowardly to address whatever issues you have with me directly. I'm not hard to find. Send me a message.

Why can't we go back to the good old days when alliances competed to be #1?
All TE is now is a bunch of people holding grudges, sort it out ladies!

Seriously though.... Are people really arguing about who wars and who doesn't? If someone doesn't war often then that's their choice and your choice to sort that out. As for RE war dodging.... Seriously? RE is one of the few alliances that have made it this far and continue to be one of the best.

In my opinion round 25 was one of my favourites! I had fun just saying.

I will note for Overlord Shinnra that Confusion is probably the most successful flag runner in TE.

His organization has won:

Duckroll, Poison Clan, NATO, TORN... what else am I missing?

My record was 2, TFD's record was 2, BN/PS got 2...

As far as Confusion making shady deals goes; this is fairly par for course and slot-filling is pretty par for course. On Jraenar / Shaun Mason, for instance, I believe the Citadel attacker on Shaun was one of Confusion's old cronies and if you do note the nuke timing, Jraenar was nuked right after update.

===

I also do note for you that Con takes a break every other round; perhaps he'll be back in full force next round, but otherwise there's no point in "blowing him up" next round because no one cares and no one will be impressed.

Edited by Instr

I will note for Overlord Shinnra that Confusion is probably the most successful flag runner in TE.

His organization has won:

Duckroll, Poison Clan, NATO, TORN... what else am I missing?

My record was 2, TFD's record was 2, BN/PS got 2...

As far as Confusion making shady deals goes; this is fairly par for course and slot-filling is pretty par for course. On Jraenar / Shaun Mason, for instance, I believe the Citadel attacker on Shaun was one of Confusion's old cronies and if you do note the nuke timing, Jraenar was nuked right after update.

===

I also do note for you that Con takes a break every other round; perhaps he'll be back in full force next round, but otherwise there's no point in "blowing him up" next round because no one cares and no one will be impressed.

Confusion is a noob! :P

Aside from desperately needing a vacation, I'll say that I'm very happy with the way this round turned out. I decided to mostly stop worrying about flagrunners, and just went for lots of wars. I think my count is six alliance wars and an extra police action that involved nukes. I fought a lot of good opponents and a few great ones, and if I hadn't deferred to Chess Tyrant and his WRC o' Doom in the final wars, then my nuke launch count would have been closer to 70ish than 60ish.