Top 14 for round 25

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Full top 100 honors can be found [url=http://www.cybernations.net/tournament_winners.asp]here.[/url]

My first round not in the top 100 (or 40), unfortunately :( Congratulations to all, though!

Full top 100 honors can be found here.

My first round not in the top 100 (or 40), unfortunately :( Congratulations to all, though!

Oh. I feel silly. I didn't even realize that was a feature in SE -_-; 

Still. Photographic evidence FTW!

Veritable who's who of war dodgers, deal makers and cheaters. Congrats. 

Also congrats to Commander242 who nuked me out of there and letting me know he prefers RE, SUN and War Doves (basically all the war dodging alliances) over the guy with the casualties. #butthurt

Also congrats to Commander242 who nuked me out of there and letting me know he prefers RE, SUN and War Doves (basically all the war dodging alliances) over the guy with the casualties. #butthurt

RE didn't dodge war. 

War Doves never dodged any war. I, myself  finished #18 in casualties. (Not exactly bragging rights, but proof I didn't turtle once this round.) In fact, I was quite upset that the nuke rogue sent on me early made it so I couldn't declare any offensive wars on flagrunners with the rest of my alliance.

like the war we dodge with ODN? i hear war doves did that one to not get attacked by a tough alliance.

Edited by willij

War Doves never fought a fair war including the one at the beginning of the round where they had a 20%ish down declare on ODN. The only tough war for War Doves was TPC. But at least you fought one tough war. 

RE and SUN on the other hand. War dodgers and deal makers to the very end.. There is now way around that.

War Doves never fought a fair war including the one at the beginning of the round where they had a 20%ish down declare on ODN. The only tough war for War Doves was TPC. But at least you fought one tough war. 

RE and SUN on the other hand. War dodgers and deal makers to the very end.. There is now way around that.

The War Doves' second war was a partial/technical up-declare, and the third war we were down-declared on and still won. Hardly classifies us as "war dodgers" - especially when our top finisher was highly active, and suffered heavy damages in every war we fought. 

Don't hate bro. Don't hate. 

Edited by Rooman33

There's a lot of shady business about round 25 that no one is proud of.  It was a brutal round, far more brutal that I ever recall.  Lot of grudges settled, lot of enemies made, and the inevitable unfair wars and underhanded dealings that make TE the black market it never was meant to be.  But, on a personal level, now all of SE will know that Methax is a war dodger, so mission accomplished!

Congratulations to all who placed in the top ten and set new personal bests for themselves.  A VERY difficult round to finish high!

132,950 Attacking + 133,900 Defending = 266,850 Casualties

Not bad for a first round.  Got plenty of data stored to re-evaluate my strategy for the next one!

Lacuna Corporation will return.

The War Doves' second war was a partial/technical up-declare, and the third war we were down-declared on and still won. Hardly classifies us as "war dodgers" - especially when our top finisher was highly active, and suffered heavy damages in every war we fought. 

Don't hate bro. Don't hate. 

Don't insult my intelligence by calling UPN + Vexillodge  an up-declare when you doubled their nukes, had 2k more avg. NS and were fighting against badly prepared opponents. Technically an updeclare due to NS but it was such an easy war to pick out and you were more then happy to do it. You didn't declare one solid war all round which speaks volumes about the type of alliance you are that you have to rely on someone else to attack you to have a good solid war. If TPC hadn't declared war on you, in all likelihood you would have done another easy war. 

And if you are in one of the aforementioned war dodging alliances do me a favor, take your donations and flags and stay quiet. You know you skirted war on purpose and it worked. Take the hate that you deserve.

There's a lot of shady business about round 25 that no one is proud of.  It was a brutal round, far more brutal that I ever recall.  Lot of grudges settled, lot of enemies made, and the inevitable unfair wars and underhanded dealings that make TE the black market it never was meant to be.  But, on a personal level, now all of SE will know that Methax is a war dodger, so mission accomplished!

Congratulations to all who placed in the top ten and set new personal bests for themselves.  A VERY difficult round to finish high!

I'd disagree with the statement that we made enemies. When we declared on Goodfellas & co. we all had a great laugh about it and I made (semi) friends with FISHGUTS/GOAT BOTHERER. I formed a friend/hate relation with Foxfire and met new people like Staccs, ShogunT & Fen.

Yes, there are War Dodgers, yes, there are flag runners, but we can all acknowledge, that we can bash them next round :P

Don't insult my intelligence by calling UPN + Vexillodge  an up-declare when you doubled their nukes, had 2k more avg. NS and were fighting against badly prepared opponents. Technically an updeclare due to NS but it was such an easy war to pick out and you were more then happy to do it. You didn't declare one solid war all round which speaks volumes about the type of alliance you are that you have to rely on someone else to attack you to have a good solid war. If TPC hadn't declared war on you, in all likelihood you would have done another easy war. 

Guess we should have picked a tougher enemy than ODN in the first war? 

In any event, we fought three wars, two of which we were technically swinging up for, we won all three, and our top finisher finished near the top in casualties. Doesn't sound like "war dodging" to me.

You sound like you've got a wicked case of the sour grapes. 

Edited by Rooman33

I suppose if I realistically didn't screw up at least 9 days worth of collection, didn't miss a couple of days of navy and nuke purchasing, and got slot filled like some of the other top 10, I probably could have won. Oh well, cheers to a fun round, guess it's not the end of TE after all. 

Right. I got to #9 in casualties by dodging war. There were a few in RE that were just ahead of me in casualties as well.

Technically two wars, then a tech raid by us, then a roguing.

OP took it easy on you guys, aiming to make you someone else's problem (insufficient nuclear pressure at the top), but eventually it turned out that it became our responsibility to take you out.

You apparently also got lucky when WD was unable to hit RE due to an attack by TPC, and you also got lucky when WD failed to nuke you on the final day. Crusader nuking you back also removed our bargaining position to hit Leafsrock / Dubiety / Hail to the King / Janro again with nukes.

==

RE's yield is 4-6 flags. 3 direct flags, one via a runner hidden in Warriors, 1, I presume, via a deal, the other via what I suspect is a sleeper. It's a good yield; why can't you admit to having played the round like flag runners?

I garuantee you that Methax was involved in more wars than you ;)

I can actually confirm that if tpc had not declared on WD they were about to hit TPC.