Top 14 for round 25

Far farrrr too much hugging in this round and I'm hoping the new rules will help change that for next round.

[...]RE's yield is 4-6 flags. 3 direct flags, one via a runner hidden in Warriors, 1, I presume, via a deal...[...]

That would be incorrect. He can answer you on it, if he chooses.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RE didn't dodge war. 

I think it depends on how "war dodging" is defined. Having a war declared on you doesn't much count. It counts as warring, but it wasn't YOUR choice to war, it was someone else's choice. That doesn't mean you still can't be a war dodger, you're just a war dodger with bad luck. War dodging is the opposite of war seeking. There were certain alliances that would not have fought a single war all round long if they could have gotten away with it. Certain others stopped looking for war long before the of the round.

Specifically late in the round, RE weren't the only ones who dodged war as hard as they could. Oh yeah I know Stelios wasn't very active - but that counts too. RE did not look to war besides flag roguing. SUN also didn't choose to fight, Nocturne Solaris didn't. More than just those, a whole bunch of alliances did not seek war. Maybe they didn't dodge all round long, but after about 60 days into the round, none of those alliances wanted anything to do with war besides flag rogue stuff at the end.

If opposite of "war dodging" is probably be "war seeking," you'd be better off listing the alliances who actively sought wars than to list the dodgers, it's a shorter list. I wish TPC and OP - two alliances that DID seek wars - had teamed up to hit some of the huggers instead of beating the crap out of each other. They could have hit SUN and RE together earlier, and still had time to beat each other up to finish the round lol.

On Jraenar / Shaun Mason, for instance, I believe the Citadel attacker on Shaun was one of Confusion's old cronies and if you do note the nuke timing, Jraenar was nuked right after update.

It's pretty obvious you're just making crap up, seeing as the wars at the end of round were with War Doves, TPC, and Hellas; none with Citadel. The nuke was at something like 5pm, after War Doves was either nice enough (or oblivious enough) to go two days without nuking and allow an 8-day collect outside of nuke anarchy on the last day. There was much laughter and OMG in planning channels about that screw-up.

tl;dr: no deals were involved in the Shaun Mason flag, itt Shinra and Inst are buttfurious over someone else being better at minimaxing.

It's pretty obvious you're just making crap up, seeing as the wars at the end of round were with War Doves, TPC, and Hellas; none with Citadel. The nuke was at something like 5pm, after War Doves was either nice enough (or oblivious enough) to go two days without nuking and allow an 8-day collect outside of nuke anarchy on the last day. There was much laughter and OMG in planning channels about that screw-up.

tl;dr: no deals were involved in the Shaun Mason flag, itt Shinra and Inst are buttfurious over someone else being better at minimaxing.

Who did War Doves let backcollect out of nuke anarchy?

I'm bitter about not getting a flag. Never claimed otherwise. But you are plain lying in your post here. The only thing that RE was better then me at was not getting nuked late in the day (its not a coincidence that every RE nation got nuked early). 

I'll state it once again. If I had sat on my hands for a month and I had engaged in the same type of behavior (dealmaking) that RE did then I would have finished #1. Some competence you got there  :rolleyes:

I'm bitter about not getting a flag. Never claimed otherwise. But you are plain lying in your post here. The only thing that RE was better then me at was not getting nuked late in the day (its not a coincidence that every RE nation got nuked early). 

I'll state it once again. If I had sat on my hands for a month and I had engaged in the same type of behavior (dealmaking) that RE did then I would have finished #1. Some competence you got there  :rolleyes:

so.... It was your own fault for not winning? I dont know much about flag running, never tried it(we produced the winner though :P)
It doesnt matter who hit who and when they hit... Its down to you to be prepared enough to win at all costs(rule #1 of being competant)

so.... It was your own fault for not winning? I dont know much about flag running, never tried it(we produced the winner though :P)
It doesnt matter who hit who and when they hit... Its down to you to be prepared enough to win at all costs(rule #1 of being competant)

You can't produce a flag runner. He won because of slimy deals with RE at the end, if he didn't get a last collection in out of Nuclear Anarchy Samwise had the flag easily. 

You can't produce a flag runner. He won because of slimy deals with RE at the end, if he didn't get a last collection in out of Nuclear Anarchy Samwise had the flag easily. 

He had a plan... He won, simple as that. Next story?

Who did War Doves let backcollect out of nuke anarchy?

IIRC, Dragonshy and Fodell were the ones that failed to keep Shaun Mason in nuke anarchy.

You're missing the $50 million total collection advantage over the nearest nations, and the nearest nations also were not involved in wars at all. We fought wars. The only thing keeping RE from being sufficiently aggressive for your taste (lol defensive wars don't count is a hilarious excuse) was the massive inactivity from Stelios. I'm pretty sure Con tried to organize a war while I was out of the country, and called it off when something like 3 people showed up for the blitz.

You keep being bitter and envious, we don't really mind being better at the game than you are. We won, you lost. Try better next time.

Nope.

I distinctly recall that DarkZoneElite had nuked one of RE's runners at a couple of minutes past update and I am pretty sure it was Shaun / Jraenar.

As far as yourself goes, Jraenar, I will fully admit that it was Fodell who screwed up the sustained nuke anarchy, however; because I think we had all accepted that people would be jackasses and preventing or accepting slot-filling would be the responsibility of the players and while DZE was probably arranged between Cit (or Cit elements) and RE; Fodell had the ability to keep DZE in nuke anarchy and didn't.

Also, Clash, we did launch a glorified tech raid (I was hoping someone else would come and exterminate RE!) on RE, but the hope was that we'd be in sufficient order to launch mass rogues. We had an internal fight in the gov room a couple of days before end of round and the intel officer stormed off, so the rogues were never launched, and I do admit I was hoping that Devilyn Caster, Lord Hershey, or Tywin Lancaster would make it as runners, however.

I distinctly recall that DarkZoneElite had nuked one of RE's runners at a couple of minutes past update and I am pretty sure it was Shaun / Jraenar.

Well, you're wrong. Shaun Mason never had a war with DarkZoneElite. Shaun Mason was nuked at around 5pm-ish by Fodell. After allowing Shaun Mason to collect out of nuke anarchy. And there was no coordination involved there, all of us were "haha omg" in planning channels.

Also, I doubt Citadel really wants anything to do with RE. Grasping at straws much?

Keep on making up excuses for your failures though, as long as you do that you will never learn from them.

I had 2 offensive wars with WAPA nations and one more offensive war with an ex-warrior hiding in a different alliance. I had a deffensive war with an OP guy who hit me and I nuked all of them right after update, as I do usually (in the case of those who haven't been nuked yet by someone else). 

I'm not really concerned with flag runners, nor to hunt them or to help them. If someone is hitting the same guy as me and comes to coordinate I do it gladly, but if not, I attack as better suits me.

So no, I didn't help that RE nation that you are suggesting.

Edited by Eltransitorio