Addendum to declaration of war

It has been brought to our attention that perhaps our declaration of war was not substantial enough to please the gods of war. We would like to thank the diligent stat crunchers and war rankers at Orange Destruction Network for their assessment of our military operations.

In the interest of all parties, we shall rectify this situation in the best way we know how, with action. We hereby would like to extend our warmest invitations to the military dance tonight to our secret admirers, the Orange Destruction Network.

tl:dr Misfits declares war on ODN for bringing to light how defending a treaty at the request of the partner is not fair

tl:dr Talk is cheap.

Stats:

Nations: ODN 19
Misfits 17

ANS: ODN 5838
Misfits 7396

Total NS ODN 111k
Misfits 125k

Nukes ODN 4
Misfits 26

In the interest of not being total aholes, we will not make this a nuclear war, unless ODN fires first. Pure military force, no cheap shots needed.

We respect your decision but we do not acknowledge your summary of our summary of your war to be accurate. 

We think treaties are dumb

We think down-declares make the game less fun

No where in there do we say activating a treaty is dumb. Just dumb to have it in the first place. (Clarification) 

We think treaties are dumb

We think down-declares make the game less fun

No where in there do we say activating a treaty is dumb. Just dumb to have it in the first place. (Clarification) 

^^^^^^^^THIS!!^^^^^^^^^^^^

Can't say I agree with ODPs in TE, but good luck everyone! Especially Vitsen, Walling, and TragicOne; you guys put up one hell of a fight during our war. :)

When you have the game's #5 flagrunner, who has almost exactly twice the NS of any opponent, then you don't really need nukes now do you?

(I'm sure Methax War Dodger would love for this to stay nuke-free.)

Edited by Einer

When you have the game's #5 flagrunner, who has almost exactly twice the NS of any opponent, then you don't really need nukes now do you?

(I'm sure Methax War Dodger would love for this to stay nuke-free.)

actually.... Methax was ranked 16th yesterday :P

This war is more to do with 'AND YOU WILL'... Overlord will know the meaning of that.

The "And you will" portion didn't refer to myself really (though it could have been). It referred to the fact that a lot of alliances in TE are determined to keep this game as TE and not SE. For that reason these alliances prefer fair fights, no treaties, war fought often and attacking whoever is number 1 (in nation rankings, not so much alliance rankings). So it was a threat in a sense but not from me directly so much as this notion is going to nip you in the butt sooner or later.

The "And you will" portion didn't refer to myself really (though it could have been). It referred to the fact that a lot of alliances in TE are determined to keep this game as TE and not SE. For that reason these alliances prefer fair fights, no treaties, war fought often and attacking whoever is number 1 (in nation rankings, not so much alliance rankings). So it was a threat in a sense but not from me directly so much as this notion is going to nip you in the butt sooner or later.

Whether you like our treaty or not.... It has worked perfectly fine and will continue to do so.

As i remember... TE began to hate treaties because of all the backstabbing and stuff and to be fair... TE has went downhill with all the downdeclares and the 'modern war tactics', so before you talk shit about our treaty.... Try looking at TE as it currently is.

If alliances are going to continue adding others to try balance stats then i think we seem to be the only two alliances that have prepared for this round.

I don't think we need to argue about it any longer. It's not really on the top of my "to do list" to get rid of your treaty, I'm just letting you know that it's stupid. 

As some fun though, I can see that you guys are indeed prepared.

You have just conducted a spy operation against the nation of Altair. In the attack your spy efforts were successful as your spies were able to gather the following information about the nation:    
Desired Religion: Norse
Desired Government: Capitalist
Threat Level: Severe 
Tax Rate: 28%
Number of Spies: 20
Last Nuke Purchase: None
Last Wonder Purchase: 5/7/2013
Total Money: $29
Technology: 184.67 Levels
Last Bill Payment: 5/6/2013 12:27:14 AM
Trade Partners: None
Total Aircraft: 44
Aircraft Fighter Strength: 72
Aircraft Bomber Strength: 80
Navy Purchases Today: 0
Navy Vessels:
  • Corvettes: 6
  • Landing Ships: 0
  • Battleships: 4
  • Cruisers: 3
  • Frigates: 0
  • Destroyers: 2
  • Submarines: 0
  • Aircraft Carriers: 0
Your spies returned home unharmed and unidentified.

Its more sad that this person doesn't know how to buy Navy right and has a total bomber strength of 80....

o/ Misfits

Good luck to ODN, this is a stupid war reasoning because the norm is to have no reason. Also Treaties in TE can die in a hole. 

I don't think we need to argue about it any longer. It's not really on the top of my "to do list" to get rid of your treaty, I'm just letting you know that it's stupid. 

Yeah... Your correct, it really is not worth arguing about! But if someone is going to sit and talk about it i am going to respond in defence of it.... Welcome to the free world ;) haha

As for Altairs navy.... Maybe its a first for him? And i know of many nations that have more bombers than fighters( i am not one of them as ODN have noticed)

I may even enjoy my 2 wars! They both have superior infra on me... But i own the skies and sea. Seems like a decent fight :)

Hey at least they're warring, which is more than can be said for most other AA's their size.  Good on you Misfits for staying active.

*Borat voice* I like you... Hi5 haha :P

At least they war for their AA.....
6 offensive wars ODN..
19 offensive wars misfits
Not impressed
You guys done yet?

Did I forget to add 3 that waited for an update blitz? I didn't expect much more than that lol

You get that you attacked us right?

And you realize you have plenty of open offensive war slots that could be filled right?

If you really want to get in an epeen contest (Which we aren't interested in). 

I have more casualties then the top 3 Misfits combined. 

/discussion

I do know about the rest of you.... But I am enjoying my fights! Especially with your leader, cant beat some friendly fighting :)

I am actually really surprised at how well ODN have done.... Well done ladies :P keep up the good fight and o/ casualties

while we are talking about casualties, i would have more if i bought infra rather than military :P but hey... 150k casualties for a nation that can only have 7k at one time is pretty decent.