Colonial CNRP: Initial Map Claims

Tom Marvolo Riddle

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is MY RP. If you guys want to make something to sompete with it go right ahead, but you will not TAKE my RP. Go ahead, compete with me, but DO NOT take something I made away from me.

AH HELL NAH! Look, I want to have a succesful RP that everyone likes, not a dictatorship. Lets jsut get along, make suggestions. If I like them, they will be enacted.

All i have to say is AH HELL NAH! I already told you no and until you get everything to match, you are not allowed.

Look, I will not control any aspects of the RP. I will allow a GM Court to be ELECTED to determine everything after the RP begins. The only power I will have is as one of the 5 GMs at all time. I am appointed to a lifetime as GM. But, I cant make rulings individually. Each ruling will have the approval of 3 of the 5 gms.

So, first you state it is your RP and make arbitrary rulings based on what serves you best, then you claim you don't want a dictatorship (which you just created) and say you won't control any aspects? What the hell do you want?

He's trying to get it started let him do it, and he's responsive to they players demand so unless he's actually doing something unfair in the rp stop complaining.

I call about 90% of his rulings unfair. So, yeah...

AND get everything, nation ruler and nation name to match.

What?

I like this idea of a colonial RP, would anyone be interested in doing it with not Riddle by rotating GMs normal rules, perhaps Enlightened CN RP (har)?

I'm in.

You've kinda lost credibility though trying to turn this into you make up the rules as you go. VIVE LE REVOLUTION.

Pretty much. No participation without represantation. Let's create a new RP without the oppressive monarchy. Let's throw Riddle's rules into the harbour.

I just realized TBM is in Kentucky. It looks kind of strange and weird but I will acknowledge he was there first so I was wondering if I could give up the states of Missouri, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota and Wisconsin and get the British Isles and the Azores instead and a rename my nation as Great Britain. Sorry for making extra work. Also, any chance we could use this map, the one we were using before lynneth left, for normal cnrp again? I like it better since its more detailed looking and what not.

On another note I'm gonna throw my two cents in here. I wasn't aware that we were forming a colonial rp for the benefit of one or two people. I thought it was to have an rp that is somewhat different from the traditional cnrp. Also, screw protectorates here. Let the unoccupied areas be the unknown unexplored world of wilderness and wonder. Better than having the entire world claimed by everyone. Every territory shouldn't be claimed and developed. Its what I intend to do with the Americas. Have the east coast more developed while the further west you go the less developed it gets until you hit the wilderness. Then BAM.... Manifest destiny...

Also in regards to tech and soldiers and what not. I feel at this point there should be no real tech limitations since the world is all screwed up in terms of the placement of nations. For example, Triyun is still in China and he has the most tech out of anyone in this colonial rp thing. But during the colonial era the chinese didn't exactly have the more advanced armaments like the Europeans did during the real life colonial era, and I don't think one should be forced to accept tech limitations based on their geographic location. Maybe have a limit to like 1821 or something in terms of tech available.

As far as multipliers I suppose we could with something like a x2 multiplier for troops and lower ones for other types of military assets like cannons and cavalry. Using what we've got going in cnrp probably wouldn't work cause thats just too many troops. I still feel that naval vessels should be tied into what you have ig using just total available amounts of ships and a multiplier based on ratings. Like x1 for top rate ship of the lines with some increasing multiplier for smaller ships. There should be a minimum level of ships available to nations without any ig ships, things like schooners and brigs and what not. I suppose I'm gonna have to brush up on old naval designs and battle tactics again for this rp.

Depends on what you see as Colonial age. For a good amount of time, until shortly after the Manchu invasion, I'd say China was a pretty advanced nation and strong too. And I actually think of using mostly what I got in China. Which are muskets, early cannons, junks...

I'd agree, we should not make protectorates. Just leave it as unclaimed land or use it as a colony. And please create no colonies where you have no chance of sustaining them.

Ladies and gentlemen I hereby establish the CNRP Colonial Provisional Soviet and open membership to all those wishing to participate in CNRP Colonial and where everyone will have an equal voice. We are being opressed by the bourgeois rp'ers, but that has to end. Together we will give back CNRP-C to the rp’ers. Who is with me?

Get everything fixed first.

Look, I will stay as a GM for the first month or so and then elect fully new GMs at the end of March. I will run but am not garunteed a spot.

Because you have such a wonderful record of fairness and impartiality? (that was sarcasm again, by the way)

As for Triyun's suggestion, I would absolutely be willing to participate in that.

I like this idea of a colonial RP, would anyone be interested in doing it with not Riddle by rotating GMs normal rules, perhaps Enlightened CN RP (har)?

I have sent most of you the link to the new game if you all want to start a new community there.

I have sent most of you the link to the new game if you all want to start a new community there.

Once again, there isn't a need to go to an offsite forum for this. We can simply do the RP here in the Fantasy RP subforum.

Edited by Imperator Azenquor

I'd restrict artillery amounts further. If I use an ingame population of 30,000, I'd get 1,500 cannons. A bit much for the time.

Also, for ships, one could just use a rule, that those are limited to reasonable amounts, but all crews are subtracted from infantry and all cannons from artillery. Then 1,500 would not be as much anymore, just enough to fit like a small flotilla and the artillery for an army.

Well, an in-game population of 30,000 would only be allowed 4,500 soldiers, 1,500 cavalry and 225 cannons. You would need a population of 200,000 or more to have 1,500...something which is reasonable.

And that is what I was meaning to say for the ships :P You can have as many as you want as long as you have the manpower to support it. And the more ships you have, the less manpower and artillery you will have on land. I think this is a good rule to have because it severely limits the number of ships a smaller country can have. For example, in my factbook, I really cannot imagine my navy becoming too much larger without severely weakening my army. My 15 ship navy employs nearly 10,000 men and 1,200+ guns (of varying size, but it is still a massive number nonetheless).

Edited by Isotope