Colonial CNRP: Initial Map Claims

Tom Marvolo Riddle

NOT THE POINT! He would have had a large amount of land. And, In Greenland and the three territorys of Canada in the 1700s, would have been unsurviveable.

I don't think I follow your logic. How is Siberia and a bunch of overseas protectorate more sustainable than Greenland and Canada? The fact of the matter is, if the rp takes place in 1700 then you have no warm water port. For 6-8 months out of the year you are isolated from your colonies.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I follow your logic. How is Siberia and a bunch of overseas protectorate more sustainable than Greenland and Canada? The fact of the matter is, if the rp takes place in 1700 then you have no warm water port. For 6-8 months out of the year you are isolated from your colonies.

We could send land based caravans to southern nations.

No I base it off equality and I belive he claimed to much. Look, either claim a piece of the map or leave. The intention of this thread is to make a map so we cna get a RP goin.

So, in summary, [b]you[/b] arbitrarily decide who can or can not be placed on the map, as well as what the limit of territory that they can claim based on no measurable quantity or standard but simply because you say so?

So...what is the purpose of calling this 'Colonial CNRP' since CN apparently has no impact on it? If, however, I am mistaken and there is some list of criteria being used to determine whether claims can or can not be placed on the map, then please provide these criteria.

Additionally, if an individual's CN nation does have an impact on Colonial CNRP, I request the following information to be explicitly clarified:

-How will the maximum number of soldiers each nation can field at any one time be determined?

-How does the in-game Sphere of Influence (SoI) map relate to the territory that one can claim/control in Colonial CNRP?

We could send land based caravans to southern nations.

Which have to go through other nations.

What are the exact requirements for a nation being too large? Why can we not see these requirements, so we know how much to claim? Why can't claims equal yours in size? These are legitimate questions that have been asked.

How will the maximum number of soldiers each nation can field at any one time be determined?: It will multiply the amount of citizens each nation has by 5.

-How does the in-game Sphere of Influence (SoI) map relate to the territory that one can claim/control in Colonial CNRP? It does not. The map is based on equality and fairness. The reason I decided to DENY Thugnationleader was for the simple reason the leand he requested was, for one to much compared to other nation. I would allow it had he dropped on of the territorys, or even half of a territory but he claimed to much land for the map. The Criteria is based on fairness, not on numbers.

How will the maximum number of soldiers each nation can field at any one time be determined?: It will multiply the amount of citizens each nation has by 5.

-How does the in-game Sphere of Influence (SoI) map relate to the territory that one can claim/control in Colonial CNRP? It does not. The map is based on equality and fairness. The reason I decided to DENY Thugnationleader was for the simple reason the leand he requested was, for one to much compared to other nation. I would allow it had he dropped on of the territorys, or even half of a territory but he claimed to much land for the map. The Criteria is based on fairness, not on numbers.

I still don't understand how your claim is fair.

Again, since the SoI has no bearing on the size of nations, what criteria are you using to determine if a claim is too large?

No larger then 90% of my main nation. This will change, once we get more members into the RP, I will reduce my nation size and reduce the legal size of protectorates and grandfather in any current nations. The reason me and Ingeria claimed so much land was because we wanted to protect CNRPCRP, because if we didnt you guys would just attack us and eliminate us, destroying the RP. At least now, we can release protectorates before we fall.

No larger then 90% of my main nation. This will change, once we get more members into the RP, I will reduce my nation size and reduce the legal size of protectorates and grandfather in any current nations. The reason me and Ingeria claimed so much land was because we wanted to protect CNRPCRP, because if we didnt you guys would just attack us and eliminate us, destroying the RP. At least now, we can release protectorates before we fall.

So no claims larger than 90% of what you currently hold? And secondly, arbitrarily reducing territory can't prevent people from simply 'attacking' you in the RP.

But essentially you've admitted that the criteria you are using is: "No other nation may claim territory as large as I did" And that the golden rule is: "There is no oversight and no one is entitled to explanations for what you've decided upon" And this is being referred to as being 'fair'?

So no claims larger than 90% of what you currently hold? And secondly, arbitrarily reducing territory can't prevent people from simply 'attacking' you in the RP.

But essentially you've admitted that the criteria you are using is: "No other nation may claim territory as large as I did" And that the golden rule is: "There is no oversight and no one is entitled to explanations for what you've decided upon" And this is being referred to as being 'fair'?

Look, I have already said that my land will diminish once the RP gets going, most likely a large chunck of Siberia will convert to a protectorate, which would eliminate that 90% cap.

So if landmass doesn't affect fighting ability, please explain to me how reducing others territory 'protects' you from being attacked? Secondly, given the lack of specific details about several aspects of this RP, I hereby request that all rules of this RP (especially those rules which deviate from the established CNRP) be outlined in this or another thread for that purpose.

So if landmass doesn't affect fighting ability, please explain to me how reducing others territory 'protects' you from being attacked? Secondly, given the lack of specific details about several aspects of this RP, I hereby request that all rules of this RP (especially those rules which deviate from the established CNRP) be outlined in this or another thread for that purpose.

First off, the protectorates allow me to "abandon ship" if I am going to lose a war and give the land away to new nations to prevent a nation from taking all of my land. As for the rules, when the first RP is written (Soon, by Friday) the rules will be official.

Really dude? I try to let you partially run this bitch and this is what you do?

There needs to be a check and balance in any RP. I'm not going to take over it, but there needs to be someone there to keep the head players in check. And the players are losing interest in the RP because of the simple fact that their needs are not being met.

Edited by Isotope

There needs to be a check and balance in any RP. I'm not going to take over it, but there needs to be someone there to keep the head players in check. And the players are losing interest in the RP because of the simple fact that their needs are not being met.

I have ericcarlson for that.

I have ericcarlson for that.

Except both of you are abusing the power you've granted yourselves. Set up a set criteria for nation size (may I suggest CN nation area of influence), figure out a way to factor in tech/NS, and make the area claim process fair. If someone attacks and destroys your nation in CNRP, it isn't the end of the RP.

I didn't realize the rp would die without you. You claim the map claims are based on fairness and equality but the rules for claiming territory are based on an unfair system which is built solely to adhere to the needs of a small minority. You have corrupted your own rp and broken its rules before it even got started.

Except both of you are abusing the power you've granted yourselves. Set up a set criteria for nation size (may I suggest CN nation area of influence), figure out a way to factor in tech/NS, and make the area claim process fair. If someone attacks and destroys your nation in CNRP, it isn't the end of the RP.

Dude yes but no. See, I dont agree witht he land thing because we have like 7 people who have joined. Some of whicha re lower tier. Like me, I owuld be able to barely claim Rhode Island or Vermont as my country if you go off land in CN, If you multiplied it by 10, I could not even claim Texas.

Dude yes but no. See, I dont agree witht he land thing because we have like 7 people who have joined. Some of whicha re lower tier. Like me, I owuld be able to barely claim Rhode Island or Vermont as my country if you go off land in CN, If you multiplied it by 10, I could not even claim Texas.

Build from that. Most nations in RP didn't start off with their holdings or standing. They built up from something smaller.

Edited by Voodoo Nova

May I suggest the following criteria for claims:

• Initial land claimed must be equal or less than CN nation (rough estimate)
  • Population of CNRP nation is the population of CN nation multiplied by 100.
  • You may not have more than 20% of your population in your armed forces without facing steep economic consequences.
Edited by Isotope