Cas Œillet

Kankou

The slow fall of the Greenlandic government had been a concern for Quebec, which had been on high alert (for some time, given the recent war in the former Northern Imperium). When final confirmation that Greenland had indeed fallen, it set forth into operation Cas Œillet, the war plan for the occupation of Greenland.

The 250,000 troops within Greenlandic territories and protectorates sprang into action, with approximately 100,000 securing all parts of Florida, 10,000 protecting Northern Ontario, 5,000 taking over Nova Scotia, and 135,000 completing the pacificiation of the Greenland mainland. With Quebec being the closest to Greenland in terms of military cooperation, the majority of the Greenlandic citizens welcomed the appearance of the blue and white fleur-de-lis patches of the Forces Armée Québecoises. Civil peace and security was established, with plans fo independence of Greenland in whole or in part as the people wished.

[center][b]Announcement from the Greater Quebec Republic[/b][/center]

The Greater Quebec Republic announces that With the loss of communications from the Government of The Federal Republic of Greenland, Quebec shall take upon its shoulders to ensure the peace and security of the people of Greenland and those solely under its protection, as Greenland's closest ally. We shall welcome offers of aid to the people of Greenland, and hope that they shall be able to rise up to their former glory as soon as possible.

[quote]
[b]Classified To The Greater Quebec Republic[/b]

The Federal Republic of Greenland was the closest ally of Sleepy Hollow which is why I am very sad to see their government dissolve. I would hope that Quebec will accept Sleepy Hollow's offer to at least have some say and or send in direct military support in the remote plains and forests of Ontario simply because that is what Sleepy Hollow is and our landscape is the exact same - we know the terrain. As of now, the Forest Guard is on full alert and ready to enter the Ontario Territory at your discretion. I hope that you are willing to accept my request, God Speed to your military.

[color=#ff8c00][b]Johnathan Dusk[/b][/color]
[b]Baron of Sleepy Hollow[/b]
[/quote]

Edited by PresidentDavid

Quebec has no business in attempting to secure Florida, a region which they have no cultural or regional connection, just as we have no cultural connection with Greenland proper. Even with the fall of our ally, Greenland, the Calzada Doctrine remains in effect. We will defend Florida and we will protect Florida. We will not require the assistance of Quebec and any interference made by Quebec in the Florida will be seen as an aggressive move against Mexico.

**Classified**

Prior to the protectorate declaration made by Quebec,150,000 troops were already crossing in to Florida. The first of the 150k would be 5 battalions, who would be headed for the Atlantic coast of Florida from Alabama. The military will secure major cities and continue working with their former ally's regional government. Naval commanders in Cuba would send a series of 5 ships and 10 submarines to prevent Quebec from entering the coast of Florida. 3 squadrons of the F-7's would begin patrolling the skies of Florida, as well as the waters of the Atlantic near Florida.

EDIT: Forgot the word Florida at the end of the last sentence.

Edited by Voodoo Nova

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' timestamp='1350664164' post='3042961']
Quebec has no business in attempting to secure Florida, a region which they have no cultural or regional connection, just as we have no cultural connection with Greenland proper. Even with the fall of our ally, Greenland, the Calzada Doctrine remains in effect. We will defend Florida and we will protect Florida. We will not require the assistance of Quebec and any interference made by Quebec in the Florida will be seen as an aggressive move against Mexico.

**Classified**

150,000 troops would begin crossing in to Florida from Louisiana. The first of the 150k would be 5 battalions, who would be headed for the Atlantic coast of Florida. The military will secure major cities and continue working with their former ally's regional government. Naval commanders in Cuba would send a series of 5 ships and 10 submarines to prevent Quebec from entering the coast of Florida. 3 squadrons of the F-7's would begin patrolling the skies of Florida, as well as the waters of the Atlantic near.
[/quote]

"The Athenian Federation fully backs the position of its Mexican ally. The Hellenic Air Force and Navy will aid in securing Mexican command and control over Florida"

With the sad fall of our once strong allies, we hope our Quebec friends best of luck in restoring former Greenland lands. [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Any person of the former nation of Greenland is more than welcome within the borders of Newfoundland&Labrador, as well as offer any aid needed by the people of Greenland and those who moved into our lands from Greenland.[/font][/color]

[quote]
Classified message to the [b]Greater Quebec Republic[/b]

[b]As [/b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]Nova Scotia has a fairly large population, we at Newfoundland&Labrador would be more than happy to your people and troops patrol and safeguard the former Canadian and Greenland Nova Scotia. If you wish, we would be more than happy to commit some men to help keep the area stable, and to do our best to help the region remain stable.[/color][/font]

~~[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Françoise Rode, President of the Republics of Newfoundland and Labrador.[/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828][/quote] [/color][/font]

[quote]Diplomatic Dispatch from the Empire of Tianxia:

Per our treaty obligation to Mexico, we find ourselves in support of the Mexican Position in Florida. Per the satisfactory resolution of that issue, we will recognize the protectorate claim Quebec has made in the far North.

Wei Hai[/quote]

OOC: I'm aware that Greenland already fell, but this is going to be my final post as Greenland, to serve as something of closure.

IC:

The increasing inactivity and collapse of Greenland caught the population of Florida completely off-guard. While the arrival of Quebecois troops days earlier had raised some eyebrows, it made sense when all communications with Eyvindsson City were completely cut off. Although the Floridian people thanked the Quebecois troops, some of them even kissing them on cheeks and giving them flowers, etc, the provincial governor - citing a little-known agreement between the Federal government and Mexico that Florida would go under Mexican protection in the event of Greenland's collapse - contacted the Mexican government through official channels and requested protection. Afterwards, the governor contacted the Quebecois government and informed it of the deal, apologizing that the Greenlandic government had not informed of this.

We're glad to see the formal transfer of administration of Greenland to respected powers in the regions. While Greenland was one of the Federation's closest allies, our affairs continue to look inward towards continued recovery from the war.

- Hudson Bay Foreign Affairs

"The Republic of Greater Colombia lauds the efforts of Mexico and Quebec to oversee the protection of the fallen Greenlandic State, we are sure that in your hands, the citizenry will be safe. As friends of both states, our state stands ready to provide humanitarian aid for Greenland's citizenry. Greenland was there for us during the East Venezuelan Nuclear Crisis, and we stand ready to help them as they have helped us in the past.

Godspeed."

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][i]Ignacio de Ardanza[/i][/font]
[b]President of the Republic of Greater Colombia[/b]

"The Free Republic of Ontario is saddened to see a country like Greenland, apparantly stable for years, go. We do hope that every successor and every nation that sees itself entitled to continue its legacy, will be as fine a nation and that the collapse of Greenland may spark no more destruction than it already did for Greenlandic people, that have lost their state. Ontario hopes that one day, from what was now Greenland, and in general that, which has no statehood of its own, in the Americas, be one day a state among others, caring for its people, cooperating with its neighbours, respecting others souvereignity as well as entitled to its own."

[i][font=Lucida Calligraphy]Rosa Christopher[/font][/i]
[b]President of the Free Republic of Ontario[/b]

"We're saddened by the gradual dissolution of the Greenlandic Republic... as it stood at the vanguard of American prowess for many many as a stable and charitable steward of the continent. It is our hope that the former peoples and nations that shared Greenland as a mutual ally or friend come together to secure and restore the lands to their former stature."

President Francisco Bourbon

**Classified**

With the collapse of Greenland, Senior Naval Command has issued the increase in Naval patrols in along the Easter sea board with a specific focus being places in the Bay of Fundie and Gulf of Maine in order to prevent the incursion of any would be raiders or pirate forces seeking to assault sea lanes and towns previously guarded by the waning Greenlandic naval assets. It was feared that in the wake of this collapse that now flag-less elements of the Greenlandic navy would be raided and their equipment seized by destabilizing forces.

Naval assets of the 2nd VN Fleet are hereby deployed to patrol around the Bay of Fundie & Gulf of Maine until Nova Scotia is fully secured by recognized forces.

Edited by Owned-You

• 2 weeks later...

Over the months, Quebec had managed to bring most of former New Greenland. The Ontario protectorate was being annexed by Sleepy Hollow, bringing a secure border to the west. Nova Scotia was to be formerly annexed after the various dispute over regional jurisdiction (whether the peninsula should be part of the region of Acadie or separate). The two main problems were Florida and Greenland.

Quebec had approximately 10,000 troops as security for the branches of Ultima Thule before the fall. The plan was to ramp it up to 100,000 over the course of an year, but the sudden collapse of Greenland led to a small crisis with Mexico attempting to exert authority over the province. So far things had been relatively neutral, with the 150,000 Mexican troops and the smaller Quebec troops having unstable peace. The Quebec troops would cooperate with the former regional government and Mexican troops until the dispute was fully settled.

In the case of Greenland, things were a bit more complex. Most of the coastal areas had been cordial to the Quebec presence, and plays for a full-scale protectorate with an autonomous government had been almost established, based on the Nordlandic majority. However, the interior was still mostly in anarchy, with the harsh environment making it difficult except for occasional patrols trying to keep the peace. The interior patrols were only somewhat successful, with the natives basically being fully independent all but in name.

A blank black screen hangs motionless before erupting in a fizz of static and electronic hisses, it does this for some moments before forming a blurry shaky image which slowly comes into focus revealing a strange and confusing scene. In what appears to be a jumble of miss mashed steel girders and plates a building of sorts, like what you would call a town hall, comes into view and painted red letters spelling out "Welcome to Slaughter Town" adorn the front of the building just above the entrance. Off to the sides can be seen more ramshackle buildings in various states of disrepair and ruin and it looks like a number of them have cages hanging from their beams some occupied and others not.

The sound of whistling can be heard before a large man, more like a walking mountain of muscle and tattoos wonders in front of the camera and reaches one meaty fist forward and fiddles with the device before picking it up and turning it around on to another man though much smaller and less muscled than the giant who was first seen. This new individual is a black man apparently in his forties it would appear and is quite clearly bald and dressed in what one would call a biker's outfit, leather jacket and pants, black boots, black shirt and even has a metal spike through both ears. Holding a wide grin on his face he faces the camera and spreads out his arms wide as if to embrace the viewer.

"Lady or gentlemen or whoever is watching this video right now. Let me introduce my fine self to you. I am Issac Brandon the one and only great ruler of the finest and bestest place on the planet that is Slaughter Town, the wonderful capital of Murdertopia, and I would like to offer you this once in a lifetime chance to come visit my home right here without paying the usual fee of death and dismemberment. If you are interested and I know you will be then please pay the borders of our lands a visit and from there I will have one of our brilliant and perfectly safe Death Buses bring you straight to me. Look real forward to seeing you soon."

The tape would cut off soon after that point and would be delivered to a Quebec patrol that was making its usual patrol route through the interior land of Greenland by a rusty coloured technical. The more than likely confused and worried the soldiers would see the vehicle approaching at high speeds followed by two other vehicles of the same type and as they watched the two rear cars would collide with one another before bouncing away, one going off and ploughing head first into a clump of rocks and exploding violently in fire and smoke much to the laughter of the men hanging off the other two. The tape would be thrown out of the front passenger window towards the Quebec men who would be horrified to find it clutched in the hand of a severed arm before the two remaining technicals drove back off towards the way they had come.

Obviously it would seem that the tape was for them to take and maybe deliver to their bosses? Who knows what madmen thought even at the best of times.

Conseiller en matière de sécurité nationale auprès du Président du République Grand Québécoise Shirakime was not a rested person. With foreign affairs work piling up, she might as well be some kind of robot, staying up nights to get as much done. She probably would have completely collapsed if it wasn't for the video turning up and getting her out of the office. Fortified by sleep on the plane, she arrived at the supposed border, armed with an assault rifle, quite a few grenades, and some other weapons for protection.

Madam [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Shirakime would not be kept waiting for long, the first strange thing that would catch her attention would be a soft rising haze of black smoke that rose into the air and seemed to thicken as it drew closer and then the roar of a heavy engine would growl through the air before finally a large metal vehicle come rolling into sight. It had once been a school bus for children but now its yellow paint had been changed to black and it was covered in dirt and metal spikes and chains and on its front was mounted a large plow which it used to force any snow out of its path. This must be the Death Bus she had been told about in the video and as it drew up before her she would see it held one man dressed in black leather with a small bone through his nose in the drivers seat and two bulky men in the back. One cradled a bolt action rifle in his hands like it was a baby and the other held a nasty bloodied cleaver in his hands. Both looked none too friendly.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The driver brought the bus to halt and opened the door before turning to stare at [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Shirakime and gave her a once over with a finishing wolf whistle. "Hey there pretty lady, I guess you be the unlucky one sent to see our glorious leader?" he asked with laugh before continuing to speak and not giving her a chance to reply. "How about you get your pretty little behind on board and I will take you up to Slaughter Town." Once she had climbed on the driver who hadn't bothered to give his name shut the door and drove off back the way he had come from. On the way to Slaughter Town the bus would rock and roll from side to side as the driver drove and it would be almost impossible for [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Shirakime to not see the burned out remains of a number of cars and in some places bodies as the drove by.[/font][/color]

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]Soon enough the place called Slaughter Town came into view and the woman from Quebec would get her first look at the settlement, to call it a town or city would be insulting to a real town or city, the first thing that would be noticeable was that the place was surrounded by a large wall of metal slabs and debris with bolted on walkways above from people to traverse across and it was on these walkways that a number of armed individuals stood watching the landscape around them. Approaching the wall a solid metal makeshift gate would appear outlined against everything else and a pair of thick chains would burst into motion raising it up to allow the bus to enter before closing behind them. Inside the settlement would seem to be in a state of chaos with ramshackle huts and houses made from whatever materials were at hand were splashed all about at random with no patterns or clear streets to be seen. To further enhance the look of the end of civilisation there were piles of rubble and trash just strewn about at random whilst cages hung from badly bent lamp posts and building supports. [/color][/font]

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]The bus would drive past these homes without a seconds thought the driver never slowing down too much leaving the people in the streets to jump out of the way and [/color][/font][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Shirakime would be almost sure that one bump she felt was them hitting someone. Eventually though they would come to stop before what appeared to be the town hall like building from the video and the two big brutes would gesture for her to get off and stepping down she would be greeted by the large man of muscle from the video and Mr Brandon who would walk up to Madam [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Shirakime as the bus closed its door and drove away.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]"Ah hello there visitor. You must be the repre...repra...repru..the person I need to talk to? As I said I am Issac Brandon and these slab of meat and muscle you see with me is Brutus, my bodyguard" said Issac introducing himself and pointing at the man with him. "I r strong" said the man in a thick toned and proud voice and Isaac smiled and patted one of his arms. "Yes. Yes you are Brutus now let me do the talking" replied Brandon before turning his attention back to [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Shirakime. "So why don't we start by you telling me who you are?" he asked of her.[/font][/color]

"I'm the National Security Advisor. Basically, the one who can tell the president the best way to deal with people, be it with the carrot or a mushroom cloud." She let it settle in for a bit. "It seems you people are doing fine enough by yourselves, so here's the deal that Quebec will give: We'll leave you alone in the region that you outline as your own and let you run your show. Whatever happens within the land will be yours to decide, and we'll try to cover up whatever questions are asked. However, once you're out of the line, Quebec will do whatever it thinks is needed to deal with anything. As long as you stay within your land, you're free to do what you want. Is that a deal? If you accept, everything will be settled."

"I see...I see. Indeed I do see. With my eyes not my ears for you need eyes to see and ears to...wait what was I? Oh yes. That is indeed quite acceptable I promise that those people that are under my control shall be told to stay within our borders. Those that do not or are not controlled by me I can not speak for but truth be told I suggest just shooting them until they are dead. Now can I interest you in some entertainment I know that in a few minutes the hourly pit of doom games will be starting and you are invited to join me for a ring side seat if you wish?" replied Brandon gesturing into the distance where if she looked hard enough [font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]Shirakime would see what appeared to be a curved cage of some size fashioned above a sizable pit where around it a growing crowd was forming. [/color][/font]