The ironmen has invaded The North

An ironman (Ordo Paradoxia’s landofdefenders [url="http://tournament.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=1000366"]http://tournament.cy...tion_ID=1000366[/url]) had raided a territory in The North (Beyond the Wall [url="http://tournament.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=1000064"]http://tournament.cy...tion_ID=1000064[/url]) where the mountain clans live. The northmen clans, normally a quarrelsome group, has banded together to defend against this invader. Because the mountain clans of The North tend not get involved in the business of the rest of the realm, they do not follow the conventions of the “Lords” and “Kings” (normal recognition and creation of AA’s and such). When their lands are attacked, the clans (each a separate AA in TE) will come together and defend as a single group (like a single AA). This has caused an escalation of war with the ironmen (Ordo Paradoxia) as they believe each mountain clan as a separate political entity while the mountain clans believe themselves to be one blood against all outsiders.

For more of a storyline connection. Unnecessary for TE. Will not necessarily follow the books.
[spoiler]
The ironmen has attacked The North and have killed the two heirs of Winterfell, Bran and Ricken, beheading them and putting their heads on a spike. With Winterfell in ruins, wars everywhere and no male Stark heir left alive, there is chaos and uncertainty. Some of the mountain clans have decided to take the initiative and fight back together to throw back the ironmen. Winter has come and many will die. The men of the mountain clans feel it is better to die with a sword in hand defending their lands than cold and hungry in the depth of winter.

As the two sides escalate their wars, they are both blind to the bigger threat of The Others.

Winter has come and The Others are coming.
[/spoiler]

So be it Scytale. I've tried numerous times deescalating this situation to no avail. We were perfectly fine with letting swatch fight alone as per our policy on raiding but when another, seperate AA starts hitting him then it became a different matter. We have no intention on hitting any of the original raidee's AA as long as no other OP are hit but the First Flint guys are now crossing a line. You hit one you might as well hit us all.

[quote name='Prozenz' timestamp='1349394412' post='3037447']
You should train your member (newbie) better, Paul. A raid with a nuke + trash talked and then crying for help is not what I'm expecting from OP member.
[/quote]

We are not defending his raiding at all but like most AAs we have a policy on it. AA must be 5 or fewer members and if they fight back you are on your own. I have repeatedly, through numerous PMs, said this fact. The problem is a second AA hitting him which was not apart of the Norreys AA as the raided nation. First Flints have no beef in it and as far as we are concerned their attacks were and are viewed as hostile. Despite all of this I pmed asking the FF guys to offer peace and we could end it. How am I answered by some gibberish about mountain men and clans and claims you guys are seperate but together.

Know this.... Our responses will continue to be surgical in that we will fill the slots of anyone that attacks an OP member. You want peace we will grant it anytime, you want war and we can help you there as well.

Scytale, I understand where you are coming from and I enjoy raiding here and there. I also accept the consequences of raiding, but at this point, First Flints crossed a line. They have interfered with my business when they should not have. I was fine with Norreys countering me, wasn't surprised at all but when First Flints entered...then yeah..

As for the raid, all I did was 2 GA's along with a peace offer if I remember correctly. Mance of Norreys retaliated with a full round of attacks, so I decided to do the same. I tried to force him to accept peace, that I did harsly. He should've accepted the peace offer. I sent a peace offer with each of my attacks, he ignored them all and ran for help. As Paul711 said, peace is always available. Please do not escalate this, it will not be in your best interests.

Edited by Swatch0

[quote name='Swatch0' timestamp='1349397204' post='3037453']
Scytale, I understand where you are coming from and I enjoy raiding here and there. I also accept the consequences of raiding, but at this point, First Flints crossed a line. They have interfered with my business when they should not have. I was fine with Norreys countering me, wasn't surprised at all but when First Flints entered...then yeah..

As for the raid, all I did was 2 GA's along with a peace offer if I remember correctly. Mance of Norreys retaliated with a full round of attacks, so I decided to do the same. I tried to force him to accept peace, that I did harsly. He should've accepted the peace offer. I sent a peace offer with each of my attacks, he ignored them all and ran for help. As Paul711 said, peace is always available. Please do not escalate this, it will not be in your best interests.
[/quote]

[quote]fair enuf. enjoy my nukes[/quote]
[quote]Retaliate with even just one CM or spy op, and I nuke you.[/quote]
[quote]I am trying to get #1 casualties. Can you GA me twice please, send me airs or CM and I promise you get nukes a day. Try to

spy em? You won't because I will buy them and send them immediately. I promise you it will not be fun either, and don't try

to test me either. I just rebought my infra to 1699 and I will hate if you ruin it. If you do, trust me you won't like this

round :) the others who tested me ended up quitting. Would be a shame if a nation like yours shall fall. So 2 GA's and send

peace and I will accept. Anything else and were goin all out.

Thanks[/quote]
[quote]Ahahahaha your making a big mistake dude...[/quote]
[quote]Sorry for annoying you again but can you please rebuy soldiers? When I nuke you, you lose all your soldiers.

Thanks[/quote]
[quote]Subject: Ultimatum

Message: You either rebuy soldiers or accept my peace offer. Do any other and you will eat another nuke. I warned you I

don't joke around.[/quote]
[quote]
wtf are you turtling? I can easily buy spies and make sure you have to collect in anarchy.[/quote]
[quote]I will send you another nuke on October 2nd, then another one on october 3rd so you will be in nuclear anarchy til about october 7th. Only way to change that is to send peace now.[/quote]

Those were your messages

/ Edited to make the post more legible.

Edited by scytale

Ok Scytale what is your point? Those were indeed callous and uncalled for but they were to a guy from the AA called Norreys not to anyone in your AA of First Flints. That means nothing as an explanation to explain your attacks on an OP member. You have a problem with a member of OP you come to OP gov. and we will handle it. You do not arbitrarily decide that you will attack.

Edited by paul711

[quote name='scytale' timestamp='1349405671' post='3037498']
The First Flints are also lead by me and we consider each other to be one alliance
[/quote]
Then we have a problem because we don't and we do not recognize treaties between AAs either. That has always been our standing policy.

[quote name='scytale' timestamp='1349403086' post='3037486']

He's just excited he actually built like a boss this round :P Maybe a little too excited :ph34r:

Goodluck resolving the quarrel guys :)

[quote name='scytale' timestamp='1349405497' post='3037496']
Those message were all the raider's messages
[/quote]

well it sounds like he is a real kitty cat
i agree with your frustration and as wrong as it all is
i think the best thing to do is just shake hands and walk away ..
as far as treatys here on planet steve they are very much frowned upon
if you and FF want to be in the same "clan" then i think you should all be under the same AA
other wise you will get raided constantly ...
any AA with less then 10 members is fair game and in the latter part of the round when you are more established you will get raided alot more

The realm continued to force their tradition and rules upon those that do not follow and called them barbarians. The ways have been set for ages and they could not see nor understand any other way. Stagnation through ritual had gripped the realm slowly bringing decay and eventual ruin. New ways needed to be embraced for the survival and renewal for all but old habits are hard to break.

Winter has come and The Others are coming

You know what we need, we need an alliance that preaches to other alliances, an alliance that attacks others in order to try and dictate their rules on raiding, an alliance that feels it's their right to police raiding on TE, in order to prevent excessive bullying & nuking of raidees. We need Paul711 & OP to save the day.

Oh, wait. What the $%&@ is this Paul? Hypocritical much?

Edited by Mayzie

[quote name='Mayzie' timestamp='1349447837' post='3037603']
You know what we need, we need an alliance that preaches to other alliances, an alliance that attacks others in order to try and dictate their rules on raiding, an alliance that feels it's their right to police raiding on TE, in order to prevent excessive bullying & nuking of raidees. We need Paul711 & OP to save the day.

Oh, wait. What the $%&@ is this Paul? Hypocritical much?
[/quote]
Read my above posts C.A.R.E.F.U.L.L.Y. we had no intention on saving a member for a raid gone bad. In fact many in OP do not raid but we do have rules and they were followed. If the raid target and his AA hit back, well that is the price of raiding. Every OP member knows this. Swatch raided a member of a 4 man AA called Norreys and tge raid target and one of his mates fought back. We did not help at all. A new AA, First Flints, hit Swatch and that is when we got involved. We even pmed them a full 24 hours before we hit back. Now they claim they are the same AA. I and many others do not have to be completely stupid to recognize the idiocy of this. Our attacks have been limited to the attacking first flint guys.

Some talks were had between the ironborn and the mountain clans but they could not come to an agreement. The ironborn continued to only recognize the traditional ways of the realm of Lords and Kings insisting that each separate clan was a separate political entity no matter how small they may be. The mountain clans of The North stood by their stance that each clan may live separately but comes together as one when defending the lands no matter which clan was attacked.

So thus the talks ended and the fighting continue…