Getting ride of the NS rule for nuking people..

Captain Enema

[quote name='Isaac MatthewII' timestamp='1348159706' post='3032310']
I seriously don't understand the "Stop it" "Abolish it" "Get rid of it" posts that don't even cite why the poster thinks this should happen. Reminds me of democrat politics.

Hi Triyun :smug:
[/quote]

Quit trying to pick fights and stick to the topic at hand, it's a yes or no question. Do you want to get rid of the nuclear rule or not? Yes or no, simple as that. If you want to explain further that is your right, but is not a requirement.

As long as it is understood the IC consequences of just launching a nuke at another nation for no reason (or at least, the drastic IC consequences that [I]should[/I] be there) and using nuclear weapons in general then I have no issue with doing away with this rule. !@#$, I didn't even know we had an RP restriction on who you can and can't nuke.

??? Why get rid of it? Honestly, if you're large enough to own nukes and they're small enough that they lack them, you ought to be able to win the conflict without nuclear weapons, or at least bring it to a defensive stalemate. Nuclear weapons are overused in this RP, to the point that they no longer provide any RP value. They're like missile spams with Michael Bay warheads. All explosions, no plot.

EDIT: I propose a halfway point. If you can show that dropping your nuke will be followed by awesome RP and it gains unanimous GM approval, you can use nuclear weapons in that RP.

Edited by Zarfef

[quote name='Zarfef' timestamp='1348188302' post='3032503']
Nuclear weapons are overused in this RP, to the point that they no longer provide any RP value. They're like missile spams with Michael Bay warheads. All explosions, no plot.
[/quote]

That's an IC problem. There needs to be more significant IC consequences in reaction to the use of nuclear weapons.

Yeah...no. Making everybody RP realistic, lasting damages from nukes would be better (so they're actually used as, you know, deterrent). Your suggestion doesn't stem from any problem that needs solving, other than that getting nuked builds character, which is entirely subjective.

Point me out a case in the last year where the offensive side went on a nuclear first strike and I'll agree that there is abuse of nuclear weapons.

So far most nuclear strikes have been by the defensive party and those that weren't were from an offensive party retalliating to a previous nuclear strike.

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' timestamp='1348399121' post='3033293']
So we should sit around and wait for it to become a problem first before doing anything about it, is that your reasoning?
[/quote]

No, we should shed unneeded rules that have never been an issue and are unlikely to ever become one.

Keeping laws that restrict liberties without a problem requiring such laws has always worked well in history.