Operation Restoration OOC Thread

Imperator Azenquor

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a few questions before I start drafting a reply:

@Mara: So you mean to say that you retook control of the Procinctian Aleutians and stationed no troops, facilities, shore defense systems, etc? If this is the case, assume that the missiles targeted any usable runways, ports and all power generation systems and substations.

Secondly, what is the approximate location of the Northern Imperium's capital city relative to the counties of Alaska?
Thirdly, how many naval ships constitute the Northern Imperium's navy?

Lessee, I never, ever retook control of the islands ICly. Never made an announcement, no mention of the Proxy islands... It's white space.

It's somewhere along the coast but kinda in a mountain range.

And on that subject, all of my naval units are listed on my National Factbook, second post from the bottom.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=110416&view=findpost&p=3024655

Ok I've seized them then, as IA and Cent are my MADP partners, they should feel free to use them for future offensive operations. Unless someone wants to tag me in :(

[quote name='Mara Lithaen' timestamp='1345765560' post='3024649']
Lessee, I never, ever retook control of the islands ICly. Never made an announcement, no mention of the Proxy islands... It's white space.

It's somewhere along the coast but kinda in a mountain range.

And on that subject, all of my naval units are listed on my National Factbook, second post from the bottom.
[/quote]

Okay then. Noted and noted.

Regarding your naval ships, according to your Factbook your navy consists of a total of 28 ships yet IG your nation is fielding only 2 naval vessels. Even if these two vessels are classified as screens, the maximum number of such vessels would total 10 (assuming the tech and infra levels specified in the Map thread). It would be appreciated if you could address this discrepancy.

Only for soldiers I believe, we didn't discuss aircraft or navy.

Edit: Also, unless you're claiming all missiles were shot down or I missed something, but I can't find casualties for the attack on the mainland.

Edited by Centurius

I was saying that ICly I have 28 ships. I cannot USE all of them unless I have the IG ships to make up for them.

It's the work of a moment to get them back, as I said. I'll have 12 at midnight, as I have 7 now. 17 tomorrow night...

And funnily enough, Cent, I am finding casualties all over that post. Specific numbers? No, not at all. But mentions of heavy, non-catastrophic losses? Yes.

Copied from IRC after a conversation with Mara... slightly editted to keep the paste relevent. In short, the ships do not need to be recognised due to the existing and long standing precedent, unless all involved parties allow an exception for Mara, as she is facing overwhelming odds against some of the biggest players and war savvy in the community, in the bigger picture, it may not help her win, but it might give her an edge. The aggressors stand nothing to lose by permitting this in my personal opinion, but as a GM I must uphold the precedent unless the involved parties say otherwise.

[quote][05:34] <Zoot> JadeLithaen you here?
[05:36] <JadeLithaen> yeah
[05:36] <Zoot> as you dont have the ships Ingame, and your war has already started, you cannot buy your navy now and it be instantly deployable with full combat readiness.
[05:36] <Zoot> basically, you cant pull ships out of nowhere now, your at war, if it was peacetime, then yeah.
[05:37] <Zoot> But even if you buy your navy slots maxed now, you cant use them in the war apart from the ones you already had
[05:37] <JadeLithaen> That was not specified before the war.
[05:37] <JadeLithaen> As such, it can't have bearing now.
[05:38] <Zoot> actually its a long standing precedent RL years old
[05:38] <JadeLithaen> My ships were already built IG.
[05:38] <Zoot> you just admitted in the thread your buying up your fleet as you go along.
[05:38] <JadeLithaen> I have never heard of this precedent.
[05:38] <Zoot> you aint been around as long as me, ask in the public channel if you dont believe me.
[05:38] <Zoot> so yes, it does have a bearing on your war, and I am sorry.
[05:39] <JadeLithaen> I need all the advantage I can get to even stand a chance
[05:39] <Zoot> I was asked by a member of the community to look into it as a GM.
[05:39] <Zoot> I have looked into it, and I am informing you of the realities of it.
[05:39] <Zoot> Now you can speak to IA/Cent/Triyun, and see if they mind you using your method, if they dont, then its fine.
[05:40] <Zoot> but until you get agreement from all parties attacking you, they are not obliged to recognise these new warships.
[05:41] <Zoot> It is a long standing precedent, go and ask in the public channel or in the OOC thread, or in the GM's court if you don't believe me.[/quote]

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1345870168' post='3025129']
Copied from IRC after a conversation with Mara... slightly editted to keep the paste relevent. In short, the ships do not need to be recognised due to the existing and long standing precedent, unless all involved parties allow an exception for Mara, as she is facing overwhelming odds against some of the biggest players and war savvy in the community, in the bigger picture, it may not help her win, but it might give her an edge. The aggressors stand nothing to lose by permitting this in my personal opinion, but as a GM I must uphold the precedent unless the involved parties say otherwise.
[/quote]

That "built IG" was meant to say "built IC". Ooops, didn't catch that...

[quote name='Mara Lithaen' timestamp='1345868254' post='3025122']And funnily enough, Cent, I am finding casualties all over that post. Specific numbers? No, not at all. But mentions of heavy, non-catastrophic losses? Yes.[/quote]
Apparently some people have the need of numbers so they can keep track of how many people are left to kill.

[quote name='Mara Lithaen' timestamp='1345870284' post='3025131']
That "built IG" was meant to say "built IC". Ooops, didn't catch that...
[/quote]

A blue-water navy has always had a "Need IG to have IC" precedent. The biggest reason being you can't buy max ships in one day like you can with planes, soldiers, tanks, etc.

My position is as follows: During the pre-planning there was no agreement reached or discussed regarding your naval forces. The only exception that was discussed and agreed to was regarding your troop count. Therefore as there has been no agreement to the contrary, the established precedent must apply.

Secondly, as Cent mentioned, I would also like to request that your initial response posts be edited to include some numbers of casualties in response to the initial attacks, even if such casualties are rough estimates and some additional clarifications regarding infrastructure damage inflicted.

[quote name='Mara Lithaen' timestamp='1345919943' post='3025216']
Mainly because I don't know the numbers and a vague "heavy" is entirely more than sufficient...

[s]And I'm asking for an agreement to or from the contrary.[/s]
[/quote]

So simply saying 'heavy' damage is sufficient instead of RPing actual damages? Very well then, in my next posts I will not bother to specify the number of aircraft, missiles or soldiers used I'll simply describe it as 'large numbers' or a 'heavy bombardment' or a 'veritable smorgasboard of missiles'. [b][Sarcasm][/b]

That IS RPing actual damages. I ACKNOWLEDGED hits. My docks are gone. I lost my Space Center. I lost defense positions. I took hits to cities.

There are a LOT of !@#$@#$ numbers to throw around that I admit I am not savvy enough to be able to estimate so I [i]don't.[/i]

But just to please you two's demanding behinds, I edited in precisely 2459 casualties, military and civilian combined. Now tell me where I got that number, and I'll give you a cookie.

Edited by Mara Lithaen

[quote name='Mara Lithaen' timestamp='1345926963' post='3025241']Now tell me where I got that number, and I'll give you a cookie.[/quote]

Number of names of World War 1 American casualties released on February 20, 1919?

or

The combined British casualties in the Battle of New Orleans from the War of 1812?