#CNRP channel - Vote II

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Only times I've ever been banned from #CNRP by Sargun was when I was being an !@#$%^& and probably deserved to be kickbanned. Hasn't happened lately, surprise, because I try not to be as much of an !@#$%^& these days. I've also learnt just to straight up not give a !@#$. If you get banned for a while for no reason, well, suck it up and live with it. Throwing a tantrum over it is not an effective tactic of getting unbanned. In my experience Sargun has been one of the more fair OPs on #CNRP, and I've rarely seen him to unfairly ban anyone, and as far as I've ever seen he eventually unbans people who deserve to be unbanned.

As for getting 'unfairly kicked'...okay, seriously, it's as easy as just logging back into the channel. Getting kicked doesn't do !@#$.

Furthermore, I doubt a new channel will take. Even if you start a new channel, this poll proves that just about everyone will stay in #CNRP and your new channel won't really do !@#$. Don't see any outcome to this besides a continuation of the status quo.

[quote name='Markus Wilding' timestamp='1341601819' post='3004961']
Subtle, the only times I've been banned from #cnrp is when I've done something stupid. The same applies to Isaac and the rest of you all I'm assuming. The rest of the time I've been kicked. Half the time I was kicked jokingly by Zoot, Sargun, Cent, Justy or Shammy, sometimes a combo of one of those.

And Isaac, the point of the matter is you're getting yourself all in a tizzy because you don't like the way the owner of the channel is acting. The issue is a non-issue. It's simply an overreaction to an imaginary problem. Do you want me to put this in overused large red text too, because I can if you want?
[/quote]Well, lucky you.

The rest of us aren't so lucky. I have been banned for no reason at times. Admittedly sometimes I was being a bit ridiculous and ban-worthy, but hardly a majority of the time.

And the thing is (and i'll be the first to admit I've done this to others on occasion too) one shouldn't just be kicked 'jokingly.'

[quote name='dotCom' timestamp='1341603747' post='3005005']
Only times I've ever been banned from #CNRP by Sargun was when I was being an !@#$%^& and probably deserved to be kickbanned. Hasn't happened lately, surprise, because I try not to be as much of an !@#$%^& these days. I've also learnt just to straight up not give a !@#$. If you get banned for a while for no reason, well, suck it up and live with it. Throwing a tantrum over it is not an effective tactic of getting unbanned. In my experience Sargun has been one of the more fair OPs on #CNRP, and I've rarely seen him to unfairly ban anyone, and as far as I've ever seen he eventually unbans people who deserve to be unbanned.

As for getting 'unfairly kicked'...okay, seriously, it's as easy as just logging back into the channel. Getting kicked doesn't do !@#$.

Furthermore, I doubt a new channel will take. Even if you start a new channel, this poll proves that just about everyone will stay in #CNRP and your new channel won't really do !@#$. Don't see any outcome to this besides a continuation of the status quo.
[/quote]So, every time there's a problem in the world, we are supposed to just [i]'suck it up and live with it.'[/i] Yeah, great philosophy. How does that work in other areas of your life? This is not a tantrum, this is someone voicing what they perceive as a problem. Doesn't mean you have to agree with their view, of course, but calling it what it isn't doesn't do anyone any favors.

As for kicking...yeah, simply logging back in...works great when you're trying to have a philosophical debate. :P

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' timestamp='1341604780' post='3005016']
So, every time there's a problem in the world, we are supposed to just [i]'suck it up and live with it.'[/i] Yeah, great philosophy. How does that work in other areas of your life? This is not a tantrum, this is someone voicing what they perceive as a problem. Doesn't mean you have to agree with their view, of course, but calling it what it isn't doesn't do anyone any favors.

As for kicking...yeah, simply logging back in...works great when you're trying to have a philosophical debate. :P
[/quote]
#CNRP isn't an 'area of my life'. Sucking it up and living with it is not a 'philosophy of life' or whatnot. It's just an IRC channel. If you genuinely care and get all freaked out about it when you get temporarily banned, then you really need to find better things to occupy yourself with. :v

Also, if you try to have a philosophical debate on #CNRP, you REALLY need better things to do. :v

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' timestamp='1341604780' post='3005016']
Well, lucky you.

The rest of us aren't so lucky. I have been banned for no reason at times. Admittedly sometimes I was being a bit ridiculous and ban-worthy, but hardly a majority of the time.

And the thing is (and i'll be the first to admit I've done this to others on occasion too) one shouldn't just be kicked 'jokingly.'

So, every time there's a problem in the world, we are supposed to just [i]'suck it up and live with it.'[/i] Yeah, great philosophy. How does that work in other areas of your life? This is not a tantrum, this is someone voicing what they perceive as a problem. Doesn't mean you have to agree with their view, of course, but calling it what it isn't doesn't do anyone any favors.

[/quote]

So you'll be rolling a nation in CNRP soon?

Oh wait...

[quote name='dotCom' timestamp='1341608941' post='3005059']
#CNRP isn't an 'area of my life'. Sucking it up and living with it is not a 'philosophy of life' or whatnot. It's just an IRC channel. If you genuinely care and get all freaked out about it when you get temporarily banned, then you really need to find better things to occupy yourself with. :v

Also, if you try to have a philosophical debate on #CNRP, you REALLY need better things to do. :v
[/quote]The point is you shouldn't be kicked merely for disagreeing with someone higher up.

As for getting freaked, I don't see anyone freaking here. Do you? :P

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' timestamp='1341618648' post='3005264']
So you'll be rolling a nation in CNRP soon?

Oh wait...
[/quote]I just might. At least I won't be moving from one thing to another, like a toddler with ADD. :smug:

[quote name='Isaac MatthewII' timestamp='1341619987' post='3005294']
Yeah Obama is to low brow anyhow.
[/quote]lol

I have nothing against Sargun, and I really don't care about people getting banned for stupid reasons; I had my fair share. However, I do believe there's a fundamental flaw in allowing a banned player to continue to manage what currently functions as the official CNRP community channel. On the flip side, I haven't seen any serious abuses of "power" in the chan, so I do believe that if this vote fails, it should be dropped.