Amount of time for nation collapse.

Aiden Ford

Amount of time for Inactivity Delete  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Alright, so this is something that has been bothering me. the amount of time that it takes a nation to revert to white space is a bit rediculous. I understand its the IG amount of time, but its fairly unreasonable to make someone wait a month to be able to proceed with a roleplay because someone DoEs, makes 1 post and then disappears, or makes 1 post every 25 days to not get deleted. Now, its understandable that some people have lives, or just get writers block, however if they were to post in the nation lock thread you know, thats TOTALLY COOL because you actually know that they are going to be fairly unable to post/reply.

now for an example look at north america, you have the active nations

Me/Isaac, Ty/JED, Voodoo, Mara 1.1, Patrick, Kevin, and Kankou.

Then the rest of continent is people who have DoE'd and not done anything since then, or people who like have a calender set up and simply squat on space by posting at the last possible moment in some irrelevant manner like "We totally recognize your nation, cool beans bro" or something like that. What I am proposing is simply shorten the amount of time for them to get deleted so maybe by some miracle they will either be more reasonable(instead of 25days for a response, its only 10, or 15 days) or simply become irrelevant by not existing anymore.

Thoughts? Concerns? Post them here.

Yes, I know this sounds incredibly selfish, but it does make sense and is a serious flaw.
and Yes, I know that Ontario player has actually posted SINCE his DoE, but I will wait and see before I consider him remotely active.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This issue has been brought up numerous times, and the community has voted in favour of adhering to IG standards. While I doubt things will change, i'll vote null and see how things move.

[sub]I should have bet tech that you'd lose though[/sub] :ph34r:

EDIT: Yeah, should have made this poll public. It's pretty much become null now. But if you want, we could just hold the discussions here. You DO have OP rights.

Edited by Executive Minister

I agree with Kevin's idea. Basically, put the restriction at a lower date (15 days) with the ability to extend it to 25 days with either a lock on the nation or a notice to one of the GMs (which would be published publically). In addition, we should set up a guideline as to acceptable post to prevent people posting broad and oversweeping actions in one or two sentences.

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1340411834' post='2993036']
I agree with Kevin's idea. Basically, put the restriction at a lower date (15 days) with the ability to extend it to 25 days with either a lock on the nation or a notice to one of the GMs (which would be published publically). [b]In addition, we should set up a guideline as to acceptable post to prevent people posting broad and oversweeping actions in one or two sentences.[/b]
[/quote]

I guarantee you that people will simply copy paste that guideline to conform to the new ruling.

It's a risk we'll have to take. After all, even with C&Ping, it would take more effort than a two-liner, and if we put up say, a restriction of something like 1,000 words of original work, perhaps we might get something better out of it. Original work as in to be found nowhere else.

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1340412672' post='2993041']
It's a risk we'll have to take. After all, even with C&Ping, it would take more effort than a two-liner, and if we put up say, a restriction of something like 1,000 words of original work, perhaps we might get something better out of it. Original work as in to be found nowhere else.
[/quote]

You've done it before, but i'll say it here for the record now. This is an over reach. A big one.

Just to make it clear I am not saying we need a rule on how long a post should be I was just stating a personal view on some people's posts. The ones I am talking about are things like saying: 100,000 soldiers added to nation XX military. To me that isn't RP but in terms of CNRP it is so it is still legit and I am not saying it must or should be changed.

If people don't post enough to your liking you should expose their inactivity by attacking. This was what the Horde did/planned to do when we marched across Asia (some nations fell before 25 days). Doing such things is very politically controversial sometimes, but we have too few stories because people seem to try and resolve !@#$ over IRC rather than doing it IC anyways these days.

[quote name='Aiden Ford' timestamp='1340410186' post='2993022']
Yes, I know that Ontario player has actually posted SINCE his DoE, but I will wait and see before I consider him remotely active.
[/quote]

Believe it or not, some of us do things off of the computer sometimes. I'm sure you're very eager to add Ontario to your collection of land, but you can wait for me to legitimately leave first. So I like to sit back and plan out my direction at length rather than throwing something together on a whim. Is that a problem?

The rules have been as they are, based off the CN inactivity date, for years, and they're not going to change simply because I'm semi-active and that bothers you.

[quote name='KaiserMelech Mikhail' timestamp='1340416528' post='2993107']
25 days IG, 25 days here. Stop making this more complicated than it needs to be.
[/quote]
Here's an interesting interpretation of the IG 25 days thing: It doesn't matter what you do, as long as you don't collect taxes, you're not recognized as being active. Then, what particular action shall we use to consider that person to have been active? Basically, we add in an additional rule to reinforce the 25 day anarchy rule, making people write substantial stuff instead of some one-line diplomatic statement.

I see no reason to change the current 25 days format. If someone wants land then they should provide a IC RP response to it, as Triyun mentioned earlier. If you don't think you have enough forces to win should the person respond - no problem, we have IC corporations that can wage a war or two for you for payment. We do not need another rule when this could be solved with a little less laziness IC.

[quote name='Evangeline Anovilis' timestamp='1340454115' post='2993501']
IC is not an adequate means to resolve OOC problems or flawed rules.

And I don't think we should go away from the 25 days rule. It has a basis IG.
[/quote]

Right, but there is no OOC problem here. The problem is rotating around an IC issue that can be solved IC.

Not really. While it might be the case for Aiden Ford, I see a bigger problem of people basically squatting while being allied to OOC friends so they're basically invulnerable reinforcement shields. I call that a problem.

[quote name='Yawoo' timestamp='1340455115' post='2993505']
Right, but there is no OOC problem here. The problem is rotating around an IC issue that can be solved IC.
[/quote]
Well, not really. Inactivity is an OOC issue, not an IC one. If one posts every 25th day, ICly we have to assume their nation's still running. Also, I think if we consider the late Rebel Army (sorry Lavo), I wonder where it gets you to attack the almost-inactive. Oh wait, I could ask Cochin.

[quote name='Evangeline Anovilis' timestamp='1340456373' post='2993512']
Well, not really. Inactivity is an OOC issue, not an IC one. If one posts every 25th day, ICly we have to assume their nation's still running. Also, I think if we consider the late Rebel Army (sorry Lavo), I wonder where it gets you to attack the almost-inactive. Oh wait, I could ask Cochin.
[/quote]

Losing is part of life. Either man up or shut up, as a former CNRPer would say. If you want land so badly then attack someone, and reap the consequences of your actions. Do not bemoan people for defending their sphere of influence just because they might be stronger than you - again, there are plenty of IC corporations that can be hired to add a little muscle to your attacks. All I'm seeing in this thread is people whining about how they don't want to do IC work to achieve more land.

[quote name='Yawoo' timestamp='1340458510' post='2993523']
All I'm seeing in this thread is people whining about how they don't want to do IC work to achieve more land.
[/quote]
Aside from possibly Aiden Ford, who exactly in this thread is whining about getting more land?

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1340459177' post='2993530']
Aside from possibly Aiden Ford, who exactly in this thread is whining about getting more land?
[/quote]

I lumped in the people who voted for anything other than 25 days in my generalization. I do conceded, however, that it was a large generalization that didn't include the contradictory opinions of some of the posters here. That being said, I still think it's silly to change it to anything other than 25 days.

On a side note that's completely unrelated to the topic, nice to see you again TBM. I guess work isn't keeping you away too much now.