A whooole newwww wooooooooorllllddd!!

Bacharth

Poll  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' timestamp='1333055044' post='2945169']
Well, in that case I withdraw THAT portion of my statement. That [i]is [/i]pretty bad...
[/quote]

No offense but if you don't know nations have the same names, it seems like you're just being knee jerk contrarian and OOC rather than actually analyzing.

Never the less I will lay out my criteria for states I think merit continuity of conflict. I'd point out all are IC reasoning, none are OOC.

1. Having the same name and pretty much exact same state.
2. Having the same leadership without addressing it, think if Hitler fled in a U-Boat to Argentina and then installed himself there.
3. Appearing to be host to extra-national organizations that run the state, for example if two nations both were basically fronts for the now defunct Artemis Global, I would hold the crimes of the first to the second. This is not a CN Concept by the way. You can equate this in many ways to some of the precedents for intervention on the War on Terror.
4. Having near seamless continuity of policy (this is mainly true when 2 and 3 are at least partially true)

If any of these are true the appropriate action is to make an IC peace treaty, not reroll.

[quote]Deliberate or not, Triyun, there is no denying you are intimidating. ;) No one's arguing that you really want more land, but you can't deny you'd probably try to establish SOME kind of presence there, as you have already on most of the major continents.[/quote]

Unless you're referring to allies, something true of a lot more than just Cent or me (look at Kankou's busy bodying around the world atm or Cochin's in the past), then you really do not have evidence of that either. People need to deal in real facts instead of putting out misinformation that they know is not true in order to pollute the broader discussion. If you want to know what leads to sniping OOC, it is that. Falsehoods that are designed either to throw discussions off topic, or leave people with the alternative equally undesirable choice of letting a outright lie as is the case here stand which influences others on an IC level.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1333060598' post='2945221']
No offense but if you don't know nations have the same names, it seems like you're just being knee jerk contrarian and OOC rather than actually analyzing.

Never the less I will lay out my criteria for states I think merit continuity of conflict. I'd point out all are IC reasoning, none are OOC.

1. Having the same name and pretty much exact same state.
2. Having the same leadership without addressing it, think if Hitler fled in a U-Boat to Argentina and then installed himself there.
3. Appearing to be host to extra-national organizations that run the state, for example if two nations both were basically fronts for the now defunct Artemis Global, I would hold the crimes of the first to the second. This is not a CN Concept by the way. You can equate this in many ways to some of the precedents for intervention on the War on Terror.
4. Having near seamless continuity of policy (this is mainly true when 2 and 3 are at least partially true)

If any of these are true the appropriate action is to make an IC peace treaty, not reroll.
[/quote]
Why are you even protesting when it wasn't even an important part of my point? You're overly sensitive, methinks. But if you want to argue this...I don't recall, however, that his nations all fit all those criteria. [i]You even admitted[/i], once or twice, that for him, you made an exception and rolled him on OOC grounds. I don't even blame you for that as his RP was perfectly atrocious even by CNRP standards.

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1333060598' post='2945221']
Unless you're referring to allies, something true of a lot more than just Cent or me (look at Kankou's busy bodying around the world atm or Cochin's in the past), then you really do not have evidence of that either. People need to deal in real facts instead of putting out misinformation that they know is not true in order to pollute the broader discussion. If you want to know what leads to sniping OOC, it is that. Falsehoods that are designed either to throw discussions off topic, or leave people with the alternative equally undesirable choice of letting a outright lie as is the case here stand which influences others on an IC level.
[/quote]
Triyun, you really are a big baby. I was not criticizing you, merely stating the fact that you are intimidating, which is a fact you can't deny. Every power is like that, and you've built yourself up into a major power. it's a natural consequence of your goal, to become intimidating. You, and your web of allies, are the powers that be, so naturally the bulk of the intimidation is going to emanate from you, whether you desire it or not.

The only way to not be intimidating is to give it all up, which I seriously doubt you are inclined to do. Am I right? :P

[quote name='Bacharth' timestamp='1333092796' post='2945437']
Well I think the people have voted for one or two new continents. Anyone object to me starting a thread for what will amount to a contest for the creation of this new land?
[/quote]
I object, but only because I want to see where the votes for "New world" goes to before starting the project. Basically, do a second round with only two choices: "Status Quo" and "New Continent(s)".

Edited by Kankou

[quote name='Bacharth' timestamp='1333092796' post='2945437']Well I think the people have voted for one or two new continents.
Anyone object to me starting a thread for what will amount to a contest for the creation of this new land?[/quote]Generalissimo objects!

It's only been two days.

Right now the poll is extremely close.

One vote from equalizing. . .

Edited by Generalissimo

[quote name='Generalissimo' timestamp='1333113536' post='2945507']
Generalissimo objects!

It's only been two days.

Right now the poll is extremely close.

One vote from equalizing. . .
[/quote]

Forgive me, poll had been all but stagnant for the entire day.

@Kevin: Whining about the OOC whining = whining

In an actual response to your statement, this will help generate new and fresh RP. Basically everything that can be done, has been done. Anything else people do now will be a cliche. With new land, you have some fresh starts.

Edited by Bacharth

[quote name='Bacharth' timestamp='1333121616' post='2945553']
Forgive me, poll had been all but stagnant for the entire day.

@Kevin: Whining about the OOC whining = whining

In an actual response to your statement, this will help generate new and fresh RP. Basically everything that can be done, has been done. Anything else people do now will be a cliche. With new land, you have some fresh starts.
[/quote]

This isn't true. Changing the location doesn't change the cliche. Every original RP drew inspiration from a real life event, fictional story or recent disasters. People just need to think of something they want to RP and not worry about whether it has already been done.

[quote name='Evangeline Anovilis' timestamp='1333144476' post='2945721']
Well, people who want some crazy fantasy nation can go to SA. The continent where dog-eared syndicalists and timelords had a cold war. We don't really need a new continent for that.
[/quote]

Don't forget about South Americans who think they are French :P Strangest of the lot. Or at least they used to be.

[quote name='Evangeline Anovilis' timestamp='1333153588' post='2945792']
Will we get to vote what kind of continent it'll be? Before we stuff the whole Pacific with one huge chunk of inexplicable additional mass.
[/quote]

It should be extremely mountainous, with mountain ranges that make Mt. Everest look like a hill. :ph34r:

[quote name='Kevin Kingswell' timestamp='1333115666' post='2945516']
This is just stupid, we don't need more land we need more RP. I swear if people spent more time putting as much effort into rping as they do OOC whining these boards will actually feel like they were being used for RP.
[/quote]
Kevin, the OOC levels do not seriously impact the levels of IC stuff anyway. IC activity waxes and wanes in cycles, so too does OOC. You'll have long dry periods with maybe a few posts a day, then you'll have periods of frantic activity where an entire forum page is covered in a few hours. [i]For both IC and OOC activity.[/i]

I really don't mind the OOC stuff. It's nice to discuss stuff at times and it's not as if anyone would really put more effort into RP if they'd not write in OOC. At least, I see no indirect proportionality between IC activity and OOC activity. Those inactive ICly are inactive OOCly and those active ICly are active here too. And I see no hint otherwise.

[quote name='Evangeline Anovilis' timestamp='1333153588' post='2945792']
Will we get to vote what kind of continent it'll be? Before we stuff the whole Pacific with one huge chunk of inexplicable additional mass.
[/quote]

I'm thinking if we do it, we'll have a thread for people to add some new lands, and we'll have a voting thread for the entries.

As for the "options two and three are similar" point. That's true, but as Cent explained his suggestion of option three to me, it was to make the world bigger, and put the continents in the extra space.

Also, I came up with an additional option, instead of adding new land, it's a solution for Antarctica.

Basically, by some alien magic, we remove 70-80% the ice from Antarctica (without all the scientific and geological ramifications you realist !@#$%^&*) and make it a livable continent. That'd add some new lands that aren't a complete wasteland. Unless, that is, if people are allowed to RP Antarctica without ice.