A Joint Ordo Paradoxia / Synergy Announcement

the wompus

For wired: Randy KJ of Final was literally the [i]only[/i] TPC target in my range that didn't already have full defensive slots when I declared on him. I actually did a few pretty big up-declares this war, fighting people nearly 2x my NS. Final peaked at nearly 24k when I was under 13k, lolypoz peaked at 21k, so I don't wanna hear this down-declare crap from you. Oh, and also Randy KJ is not AFK, he nuked an OP nation earlier today.

Defend nation: Octaviarii Attack nation: Final [b]11/20/2011 6:38:57 AM[/b] Direct Hit

But I guess you didn't consider any of that. Don't worry bud, I'm keeping my eyes peeled for open slots. ;)

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Wired' timestamp='1321851152' post='2847776']

Now let's look at Les Poissons. Started a new job, has to be there bright and early and isn't going to be staying up late for 27 straight nights to click a few buttons. Should he risk losing his job because he has TE cash remaining? LOL!

Some of you folks have a distorted view IMO - it's a game, nothing more. Don't expect others to care as much as you do, don't expect others to keep up constant vigilance because [b]you[/b] think they [i]can[/i] or [i]should[/i].

[/quote]

To: paul711 From: Les Poisson Date: 11/20/2011 11:53:51 PM

Subject: Nuclear Attack

Message: Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons by Les Poisson. You lost 4494 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 30.857 miles of land, 55.248 technology, 165.744 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.

I am not crying about being nuked just pointing out the hypocricy in your statement. You specifically mentioned Les Poisson in your example of TPC turtleing because of new RL committments. Does he not work on Monday like the rest of us? Or is it that he doesn't work when it is convenient for TPC but he does work when TPC starts losing so he has a reason to turtle? :lol1:

[quote name='Wired' timestamp='1321851152' post='2847776']
Some of you folks have a distorted view IMO - it's a game, nothing more. - [b]You mean like your time spent on text walls?[/b]

and ignore peace requests - [b]There has been no REQUEST.[/b]

[/quote]

As a [i]wise man [/i]once said, "Please stop".

Edited by Thomasj_tx

I never said you did all down declares Owney, just saying your third declare on randy kj got you the results you should have expected, and it was a down declare. As far as his activities I would have thought your complaint about turtling involved the guy you were fighting? If so, and if he is firing nukes then what are you complaining about to begin with? All I know is he doesn't answer my PMs and I wouldn't consider him to be fighting back, I would have thought you saw that the first two times you fought him this round. My intent was to point out you shouldn't complain about what you get when you should have known what you went after. ;)

With regards to Les Poisson Paul - I contacted him tonight (we're RL friends). He has tomorrow off and said he'd hop on at update to fire off some nukes. Pretty sure that's about all he's done for days, and with his new job he won't be active for sure. So, my example of nations and why they might turtle is still valid - they don't have time to play for 27 days in a row, and they aren't. You pointing out they fired a nuke tonight at update doesn't change the fact they were turtling and/or they will be turtling. Also, his TE cash is still no incentive for him to remain active and fight as perhaps you expected he would, or the way anyone should.

As far as the text amounts Thomas what can I say, it doesn't take me much effort, maybe you struggle with writing or typing, I do not. My point was, and is, anyone that complains when long wars creates turtles and then implies that because the enemy has cyber cash that means they should be online and clicking buttons isn't thinking clearly. The distorted view is thinking others must this game so serious that [b]everyone[/b] will play for 27 days straight and then complain when they don't and offer up [b]any[/b] reason why they should. If you think me taking a few minutes to type out a few words equals that then you sir aren't getting the point. ;)

As far as your other point Thomas I will refer back to my earlier statements - the normal procedure was talk and peace was a done deal. Did we make OP "ask" for peace in the first war? You suggested wrapping it up and moving on, done deal. We suggested wrapping it up and moving on, no deal. So again, did you expect us to ask pretty please with sugar on top? This isn't grade school, grow up and stop splitting hairs in attempt to spin the clear fact you refused to grant peace.

Con, what can I say. I can understand you being "all in". Many don't see it that way. There is no requirement to fight war for 27 days in a row, you don't have to quit the game if you can't fight everyday. Everyone plays as much or as little as they want. Anyone complaining that others won't keep fighting in a long drawn our war needs to realize this. Anyone that wonders why nations with money don't fight in a long war should bear this in mind also. They don't have to quit, they don't have to fight, they don't have to [i]care[/i]. Deal with that. ;)

[i]Edit to add: OK, I'm done, I have to leave early for the city to take my aunt for Chemo and won't be able to continue with our wonderful discussions, hugs and kisses girls![/i] :D

Edited by Wired

[quote name='Wired' timestamp='1321862706' post='2848023']
I never said you did all down declares Owney, just saying your third declare on randy kj got you the results you should have expected, and it was a down declare. As far as his activities I would have thought your complaint about turtling involved the guy you were fighting? If so, and if he is firing nukes then what are you complaining about to begin with? All I know is he doesn't answer my PMs and I wouldn't consider him to be fighting back, I would have thought you saw that the first two times you fought him this round. My intent was to point out you shouldn't complain about what you get when you should have known what you went after. ;)

With regards to Les Poisson Paul - I contacted him tonight (we're RL friends). He has tomorrow off and said he'd hop on at update to fire off some nukes. Pretty sure that's about all he's done for days, and with his new job he won't be active for sure. So, my example of nations and why they might turtle is still valid - they don't have time to play for 27 days in a row, and they aren't. You pointing out they fired a nuke tonight at update doesn't change the fact they were turtling and/or they will be turtling. Also, his TE cash is still no incentive for him to remain active and fight as perhaps you expected he would, or the way anyone should.

As far as the text amounts Thomas what can I say, it doesn't take me much effort, maybe you struggle with writing or typing, I do not. My point was, and is, anyone that complains when long wars creates turtles and then implies that because the enemy has cyber cash that means they should be online and clicking buttons isn't thinking clearly. The distorted view is thinking others must this game so serious that [b]everyone[/b] will play for 27 days straight and then complain when they don't and offer up [b]any[/b] reason why they should. If you think me taking a few minutes to type out a few words equals that then you sir aren't getting the point. ;)

As far as your other point Thomas I will refer back to my earlier statements - the normal procedure was talk and peace was a done deal. Did we make OP "ask" for peace in the first war? You suggested wrapping it up and moving on, done deal. We suggested wrapping it up and moving on, no deal. So again, did you expect us to ask pretty please with sugar on top? This isn't grade school, grow up and stop splitting hairs in attempt to spin the clear fact you refused to grant peace.

Con, what can I say. I can understand you being "all in". Many don't see it that way. There is no requirement to fight war for 27 days in a row, you don't have to quit the game if you can't fight everyday. Everyone plays as much or as little as they want. Anyone complaining that others won't keep fighting in a long drawn our war needs to realize this. Anyone that wonders why nations with money don't fight in a long war should bear this in mind also. They don't have to quit, they don't have to fight, they don't have to [i]care[/i]. Deal with that. ;)

[i]Edit to add: OK, I'm done, I have to leave early for the city to take my aunt for Chemo and won't be able to continue with our wonderful discussions, hugs and kisses girls![/i] :D
[/quote]
I mean this with all sincerity, I hope your aunt gets better. Often times, in the heat of the moment and in the arguments that follow we forget that RL marches on. With all of its laughter, crying, ups, and downs. Despite our continued disagreement in our current situation I wish no ill will on a personal level to anyone that plays TE. Best of luck to your family, Wired.

Enough already with this "27 days" stuff, some of your guys have been turtling since day 1 and most have been turtling since the first round of wars. So your guys can't even click buttons for 5 days? :awesome:

[quote name='Owney OSullivan' timestamp='1321896340' post='2848195']
Enough already with this "27 days" stuff, some of your guys have been turtling since day 1 and most have been turtling since the first round of wars. So your guys can't even click buttons for 5 days? :awesome:
[/quote]

correction: after the first wars they turtle and sell all there infra off and have such low strength that we cant hit them. then after nuclear anarchy wears off they build with there massive war chests, collect and re-declare. There top nation did this and is more than double the strength of me. just shows how big war chests they have still and i don't even know how this could be called a down-declare.

[quote name='matt01867' timestamp='1322093843' post='2850079']
correction: after the first wars they turtle and sell all there infra off and have such low strength that we cant hit them. then after nuclear anarchy wears off they build with there massive war chests, collect and re-declare. There top nation did this and is more than double the strength of me. just shows how big war chests they have still and i don't even know how this could be called a down-declare.
[/quote]

Sounds like strategy for warring against someone who refuses to peace out, why should they care if they hurt your feelings with a down declare?

[quote name='ADude' timestamp='1322097078' post='2850110']
Sounds like strategy for warring against someone who refuses to peace out, why should they care if they hurt your feelings with a down declare?
[/quote]
You mistake his statement as crying, hell we are glad some have stopped turtleing. He is pointing out that it is not the xurbstomp many in TPC have argued. Our mission has been acconplished no matter what they do, they had to sell off all their nukes and navy to escape which means no flag.

Not everyone gets butt hurt over every little thing like you do Adufe.

[quote name='paul711' timestamp='1322098038' post='2850118']
You mistake his statement as crying, hell we are glad some have stopped turtleing. He is pointing out that it is not the xurbstomp many in TPC have argued. Our mission has been acconplished no matter what they do, they had to sell off all their nukes and navy to escape which means no flag.

Not everyone gets butt hurt over every little thing like you do Adufe.
[/quote]

Jesus paul you are a bit much at times.

I didn't take anything as crying.

EDIT

ADud was funnier, thank WAPA guys (I think) for that one.

Second EDIT

Thats the difference between me and most of your AA, I don't immediately take things as "crying", I take them strictly as opinions and views, then I like to debate those opinions and views with them.

Edited by ADude

[quote name='ADude' timestamp='1322098900' post='2850126']
Jesus paul you are a bit much at times.

I didn't take anything as crying.

EDIT

ADud was funnier, thank WAPA guys (I think) for that one.

Second EDIT

Thats the difference between me and most of your AA, I don't immediately take things as "crying", I take them strictly as opinions and views, then I like to debate those opinions and views with them.
[/quote]

Firstly, Adud was copy righted and I did not have time to get permission for its use so I used adufe because it has a descriptive value. :)

Secondly, I have nothing whitty to say, so I will just get to the heart of it. Your opinions mean crap to OP and most of TE because those opinions tend to stink. Your main goal is to argue with anyone and everyone. To debate implies a willingness to accept differing viewpoints, something I cannot recall you doing.

[quote name='paul711' timestamp='1322099583' post='2850134']
Secondly, I have nothing whitty to say, so I will just get to the heart of it. Your opinions mean crap to OP and most of TE because those opinions tend to stink. Your main goal is to argue with anyone and everyone. To debate implies a willingness to accept differing viewpoints, something I cannot recall you doing.
[/quote]

Ditto

[quote name='ADude' timestamp='1322097078' post='2850110']
[/quote]

The point was that if we peaced out after the first round of wars, TPC would have been still in the run for flag cause of there massive war-chests used to build back up. We took that option away from them because of continuing the war and now they are butt hurt about it.

[quote name='matt01867' timestamp='1322107275' post='2850225']
The point was that if we peaced out after the first round of wars, TPC would have been still in the run for flag cause of there massive war-chests used to build back up. We took that option away from them because of continuing the war and now they are butt hurt about it.
[/quote]

Not sure that you took anything away if they can still collect and re-build out of nuclear anarchy :huh:

[quote name='ADude' timestamp='1322113894' post='2850308']
I thought they had enormous warchests? they cannot be dead and still have huge warchests..
[/quote]
That is what we were saying this whole time when they said it was a curbstomp.

PPPPS: Still Alive.

[size="1"]This, boys and girls, is why you don't skip the nukes and tech farm somebody with rad cleanup, an open wonder slot, and 33m in their warchest.[/size]

Edited by Einer

[quote name='Einer' timestamp='1322124662' post='2850368']

[size="1"]This, boys and girls, is why you don't skip the nukes and tech farm somebody with rad cleanup, an open wonder slot, and 33m in their warchest.[/size]
[/quote]

Well played sir, well played

[quote name='Einer' timestamp='1322124662' post='2850368']

[size="1"]This, boys and girls, is why you [b]don't skip the nukes[/b] and tech farm somebody with rad cleanup, an open wonder slot, and 33m in their warchest.[/size][/quote]
Well OK then.
Imho you just justified the tactics Synergy and OP have been preaching.
Imma give bonus points to all three of these alliances :)

[quote name='paul711' timestamp='1322160245' post='2850511']
What about a TPC nation surrendering then jumping back on to OP nations within 24 hours of us granting peace?
[/quote]

Stupid of you to let him off?