How long does 3 Billion last?

Andrew425

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1316379518' post='2803192']
You were the one talking about how I shouldn't be happy because I might get rogued. Yet, when instead I get excited about the prospect, you try and mock me. Keep flinging poo, just keep flinging poo.
[/quote]

Your excitement was misplaced. People wouldn't be "getting some" from you, they'd be "getting some" from your friends. Hence the mockery, because you have no "some" to give.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1316380228' post='2803204']
Your excitement was misplaced. People wouldn't be "getting some" from you, they'd be "getting some" from your friends. Hence the mockery, because you have no "some" to give.
[/quote]

Right, okay. Obviously I am incapable of warring. Okay mate. You got me. I am horrible at warring. I am amused though that you sit in the comfort of an alliance while trying to call me out for basically doing the same thing. If someone wants to rogue me, then they do so knowing the consequences. Just like should someone rogue you, they do so knowing the consequences.

My excitement is right where it needs to be. If you wish to mock me for being part of an alliance, then mock yourself for being part of the same. I am not going to cry should a rogue hit me because of my lackluster WC at the moment, nor will I cry over the fact that said rogue gets nailed by 3 of my friends. That is what it means to be a rogue.

During war time, I have fought 6v1 while being the only nation fighting the other 6. I have done the same to others. Should I get rogued and for some reason I am fighting 1v1, I still won't cry. I would have fun.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1316363844' post='2803014']
Not really. Not even remotely close. Do you even know what you are talking about? I would bet that if this were a different opponent and different circumstances, I would be doing different things. Which means yet again, you have no clue what you are talking about considering you think I would do the same thing across the board... But please continue to act as if you have a clue what I would do in every circumstance.
[/quote]
Yes. I know what I'm talking about. I'm the guy who fought a rogue with a 200M warchest and bill-locked him in about 4 days. Admittedly he did have more infra than you (10K) but he also wasn't carrying a navy.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1316384998' post='2803275']
Yes. I know what I'm talking about. I'm the guy who fought a rogue with a 200M warchest and bill-locked him in about 4 days. Admittedly he did have more infra than you (10K) but he also wasn't carrying a navy.
[/quote]

So in other words, you fought a guy who did not know how to fight and then you attempt to compare that guy to me... Not to mention, given that he is a rogue, did you fight him by yourself? Because seriously, 200m in 4 days is a lot of money to spend for not having paid bills... I have paid bills and have spent far less while carrying a full navy.

Not to mention, I can tell you have no clue what you are talking about since the full navy I have costs less than 1 million in bills... But please continue to think I have no idea what I am doing mate.

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1316386171' post='2803283']
Posting ITT to verify that you can billlock someone with 300m within a week of war. MK has done it repeatedly
[/quote]

I don't deny that, just that I am not fighting the odds like that. I am fighting a single guy who is also fighting 2 others. I am not 1 guy fighting 3+ nations.

To be fair, a full navy isn't that hard to maintain in war, most of the ships that will get killed are cheap anyway. It's when you have to buy new aircraft carriers every day that it really burns (at that point you may as well stop bothering with your navy). A full navy may actually be cheaper to maintain (at first) than, say, a 1/2 navy with a lack of screens. Not sure, too lazy to figure it out.

It's still a pathetic warchest for an 1817 day old nation without being particularly war-torn though.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1316381865' post='2803226']
Right, okay. Obviously I am incapable of warring. Okay mate. You got me. I am horrible at warring. I am amused though that you sit in the comfort of an alliance while trying to call me out for basically doing the same thing. If someone wants to rogue me, then they do so knowing the consequences. Just like should someone rogue you, they do so knowing the consequences.

My excitement is right where it needs to be. If you wish to mock me for being part of an alliance, then mock yourself for being part of the same. I am not going to cry should a rogue hit me because of my lackluster WC at the moment, nor will I cry over the fact that said rogue gets nailed by 3 of my friends. That is what it means to be a rogue.

During war time, I have fought 6v1 while being the only nation fighting the other 6. I have done the same to others. Should I get rogued and for some reason I am fighting 1v1, I still won't cry. I would have fun.
[/quote]

How much fun would you have in bill-lock, riding the ZI-train?

Edited by Viluin

You do realize that my WC is due to having fought in every major war since GW1 and usually being a bank or not accepting aid afterwards. The only time I have accepted any aid was when I was close to ZI. Otherwise, I see no point when it could go to help rebuild others who may have been knocked about worse than me.

As for a full navy, if I had to be buying the more expensive navy daily, I would stop buying them. As stated before, I have fought in every major war since 2006. Glad to see you are taking such an active interest in my nation. I know I am sexy but sheesh.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1316398500' post='2803400']
You do realize that my WC is due to having fought in every major war since GW1 and usually being a bank or not accepting aid afterwards. The only time I have accepted any aid was when I was close to ZI. Otherwise, I see no point when it could go to help rebuild others who may have been knocked about worse than me.

As for a full navy, if I had to be buying the more expensive navy daily, I would stop buying them. As stated before, I have fought in every major war since 2006. Glad to see you are taking such an active interest in my nation. I know I am sexy but sheesh.
[/quote]

For someone who has fought in every major war since 2006 you don't have many casualties. And I thought banks used to be in peace mode during a war.

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1316388256' post='2803312']
To be fair, a full navy isn't that hard to maintain in war, most of the ships that will get killed are cheap anyway. It's when you have to buy new aircraft carriers every day that it really burns (at that point you may as well stop bothering with your navy). A full navy may actually be cheaper to maintain (at first) than, say, a 1/2 navy with a lack of screens. Not sure, too lazy to figure it out.
[/quote]
It's not the replacement cost, it's the bills. Frankly if I was trying to bill-lock someone with a crappy warchest and I saw they had max navy I would probably be tempted to just ... completely ignore it.

Spies are how you do it; well and GAs and dogfights.

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1316410960' post='2803543']
For someone who has fought in every major war since 2006 you don't have many casualties. And I thought banks used to be in peace mode during a war.
[/quote]

You do realize that you don't gain much casualties with lower infra right? The less infra you have, the less soldiers you have to get casualties with. I did not start raiding until around 2009 at which point, my nation was high enough NS that raiding was and still is a rare occurrence.

Fighting in every major war since 2006 is a surefire way to make sure you nation growth is severely impeded, particularly if you do fight 3+v1 in most of your battles.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1316432381' post='2803658']
It's not the replacement cost, it's the bills. Frankly if I was trying to bill-lock someone with a crappy warchest and I saw they had max navy I would probably be tempted to just ... completely ignore it.

Spies are how you do it; well and GAs and dogfights.
[/quote]

And again, I point out that max navy costs under 1 million in bills. Now, if you nuke, that means you take away navy, which means you take away the amount of bills. So, unless you would not nuke me, then there is no way to ignore the navy. Not to mention, just because you ignore mine, does not mean I have to ignore yours. You have 11 vessels, and given that you have 105 aircraft means you have 6 carriers and 5 others. Given that I had a full navy, it would have been a quick matter to take out your navy which drops your aircraft down to 80 aircraft vs my 105. Except by nuking, you would never really harm my navy which means I now have the ability to blockade your nation or use my navy as battle support most likely for nuking your nation. My aircraft would most likely stay at 105 since carriers are immune to nuclear attacks, so your AAs would be rather hard. Sure you can dogfight but you will end up losing far more fighters than I would in the majority of the fights. Even if you nuke me, it would be a hard fight as I would most likely still have 70-80 or so fighters to your 70 max (if you don't send bombers).

Now, should I nuke you and then send in fighters, it would be 68 to 70 of mine to 60 at most. As for GAs, I still have slightly less than 900 more tech than you and like 320 less infra than you. So, my nukes would already cause more damage than yours and add in battle support, would allow them to do even more damage. Which means more tech lost by you which causes you to have even less of a bonus than myself. This means I would be stealing money from you as well as having you drop cash on me. Sure, it may only be 4 million a day but soldiers and tanks aren't that expensive. Aircraft is going to be the most expensive purchase.

I wouldn't nuke you, unless I needed to nuke you in order to win GAs.

And no, you're not getting battle support on me. You need to remove my navy in order to do that. You see, unlike you I do keep enough warchest to justify having a full navy when I'm fighting.

Still... You're making the basic first mistake of most CNers; you think the guy who wins the war is the one who inflicts more infra damage. This is wrong.

The guy who wins the war is the one who inflicts more cash and tech damage. If you nuke me down to where my bills are costing me under 1M/day, but it only costs me say 300M to rebuild all my infra postwar, while my attacks and your bills during the war cost you 500M, then I won the war (assuming tech damage is relatively even).

The only reason to fire nukes (and CMs) at all is to do tech damage, and also to help win GAs. Infra is so bloody cheap that it really doesn't matter, especially since losing it means getting your bills cut.

Forcing the other guy to pay a lot in bills is one way of causing cash damage, but usually it's hard to do. You on the other hand appear willing to help a brother out.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1316437573' post='2803683']
I wouldn't nuke you, unless I needed to nuke you in order to win GAs.

And no, you're not getting battle support on me. You need to remove my navy in order to do that. You see, unlike you I do keep enough warchest to justify having a full navy when I'm fighting.

Still... You're making the basic first mistake of most CNers; you think the guy who wins the war is the one who inflicts more infra damage. This is wrong.

The guy who wins the war is the one who inflicts more cash and tech damage. If you nuke me down to where my bills are costing me under 1M/day, but it only costs me say 300M to rebuild all my infra postwar, while my attacks and your bills during the war cost you 500M, then I won the war (assuming tech damage is relatively even).

The only reason to fire nukes (and CMs) at all is to do tech damage, and also to help win GAs. Infra is so bloody cheap that it really doesn't matter, especially since losing it means getting your bills cut.

Forcing the other guy to pay a lot in bills is one way of causing cash damage, but usually it's hard to do. You on the other hand appear willing to help a brother out.
[/quote]

Wait- how long does it take to build up a full navy? At 8 ships per day, given that you have 11 right now. I will give you 19 total. Now, I had 57 at one point, which means I would knock out around 3 possibly 4 per battle. So I will go with 10 ships knocked out per day. You purchase 8 back but are only at 17 total. But I nuke you because, well it is war ya know. So you lose another 3-5 ships. And so on and so forth.

Infra is fairly cheap but only a moron buys infra prior to dropping below 1k infra. If you have less infra, you have less soldiers. Now, if you have less soldiers than me, and already have less tech than I do. Then, I will most likely end up winning GAs which means when I attack you, I steal tech causing the tech disparity between our nations to grow. You already stated how you would not nuke unless needed. I on the other hand have nothing against nuking the crap outta you and given my higher tech, I would do slightly more damage than you.

As for cash, I went over this. You would begin to dump essentially 4 million per day on me as you began to lose all your GAs from losing more and more infra. Sure, you may win some with the underdog bonus.

And again, how many times do I have to state that at 57 vessels, that navy cost me under 1 million per day in bills. Now, imagine me losing ships from either you nuking me, or my attacks against your navy. That means (I know this is a shocker for ya) I would have less ships. zomginobbqrite!!!!!!!!! That means that (again, huge shocker coming at ya Haf) I would have less naval bills.... Then I pay bills every three days after I do my hits (unless I am nuked and have very few soldiers/tanks/AC and what not), in which case, (another humongous shocker for you Haf), my bills would be extremely low.

So how exactly am I helping a brother out? I am not sure what you are actually driving towards since it is obvious you cannot wrap your head around the fact that a full navy is under 1 million in cash bill wise. And in order to save cash, I would not be purchasing naval vessels back which means less cost to me.

You on the other hand would have a continuous need to do so as your lack of a navy puts you at risk of losing all your ships in a day or two into the war and then having battle support/blockades done against you the rest of the war. Which means you would be spending a ton more on navy than I ever would have the need to do.

But please, keep coming at me as if I am the idiot Haf.

I only pay 750k a day for 72 ships cause I'm a baller.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1316436647' post='2803680']
You do realize that you don't gain much casualties with lower infra right? The less infra you have, the less soldiers you have to get casualties with. I did not start raiding until around 2009 at which point, my nation was high enough NS that raiding was and still is a rare occurrence.

Fighting in every major war since 2006 is a surefire way to make sure you nation growth is severely impeded, particularly if you do fight 3+v1 in most of your battles.
[/quote]

Your attacking:defending casualty ratio suggests your wars have been similar to mine, and yet I'm sitting on max infra with more money than you've probably ever had. I don't have much tech, but that's intentional. I've been knocked down to 1k infra (or even ZI) in wars 4 times, including two wars where I depleted my entire warchest and had nothing to rebuild with except tech deals, yet here I am.

You'd think such a war veteran would know how important it is to keep a good warchest.

Edited by Viluin

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1316441826' post='2803722']
I only pay 750k a day for 72 ships cause I'm a baller.

Your attacking:defending casualty ratio suggests your wars have been similar to mine, and yet I'm sitting on max infra with more money than you've probably ever had. I don't have much tech, but that's intentional. I've been knocked down to 1k infra (or even ZI) in wars 4 times, including two wars where I depleted my entire warchest and had nothing to rebuild with except tech deals, yet here I am.

You'd think such a war veteran would know how important it is to keep a good warchest.
[/quote]

Well, considering I have recently purchased some infra to get to 8500 as well as the WRC, that kind of depleted some of my WC. Plus, this war of course has taken some of it as well.

So, I know how important it is, just figured getting a WRC is more important at the moment, particularly since a good war is most likely not going to happen anytime soon and I will probably have a good sized WC by the time it does happen.

Also, I tend to end up around 1k or below infra in all the wars I have been in. That would mean I have been under 1k infra probably around 8 or 9 times from which I had to rebuild. I have probably depleted entire WCs around 4-5 times and never did tech deals as I usually had no less than 1k tech.

So, you can try to talk big, but I have been around the block more times than you can obviously imagine. I fight hard and don't turtle unless absolutely necessary. I already know my WC sucks. I have never stated otherwise. So if you and Haf wish to continue acting as if your are some sort of tough guys, have at it. I know my skill level and know what I need to do about my WC.

Also- I am utterly amused at Haf calling me out on my WC when it appears he does not exactly have a good one either. The irony of that.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1316446383' post='2803757']
Well, considering I have recently purchased some infra to get to 8500 as well as the WRC, that kind of depleted some of my WC. Plus, this war of course has taken some of it as well.

So, I know how important it is, just figured getting a WRC is more important at the moment, particularly since a good war is most likely not going to happen anytime soon and I will probably have a good sized WC by the time it does happen.

Also, I tend to end up around 1k or below infra in all the wars I have been in. That would mean I have been under 1k infra probably around 8 or 9 times from which I had to rebuild. I have probably depleted entire WCs around 4-5 times and never did tech deals as I usually had no less than 1k tech.

So, you can try to talk big, but I have been around the block more times than you can obviously imagine. I fight hard and don't turtle unless absolutely necessary. I already know my WC sucks. I have never stated otherwise. So if you and Haf wish to continue acting as if your are some sort of tough guys, have at it. I know my skill level and know what I need to do about my WC.

Also- I am utterly amused at Haf calling me out on my WC when it appears he does not exactly have a good one either. The irony of that.
[/quote]

Maybe we should take each other around the block for one round. What do you say?

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1316464162' post='2803916']
Maybe we should take each other around the block for one round. What do you say?
[/quote]

You will need to wait for me to get back into range of ya as currently I am out of your range. And I am in anarchy so I cannot declare on you. Give me a couple of weeks to rebuild and I am down for a duel.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1316466558' post='2803938']
You will need to wait for me to get back into range of ya as currently I am out of your range. And I am in anarchy so I cannot declare on you. Give me a couple of weeks to rebuild and I am down for a duel.
[/quote]

You're gonna rebuild and save up money to fight in a couple of weeks? That will be entertaining to watch.

Edited by Viluin

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1316466658' post='2803939']
You're gonna rebuild and save up money to fight in a couple of weeks? That will be entertaining to watch.
[/quote]

I thought you wanted this sooner rather than later. I am down for waiting longer if you want. You give me a timeframe then.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1316468211' post='2803954']
I thought you wanted this sooner rather than later. I am down for waiting longer if you want. You give me a timeframe then.
[/quote]

I don't really know/care. But I'm sure we'll meet again.

Edited by Viluin