How long does 3 Billion last?

Andrew425

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1316182564' post='2801548']
Opethian used to have a problem with people spying his nukes. Of course, once he figured out who did it, it was no longer a problem.
[/quote]

This must be some inside joke I'm unaware of.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1316186247' post='2801573']
Someone (WAPA) messed with Opethian. Someone (WAPA) got rolled by MK and STA. Twice.
[/quote]

Okay, but...how the hell does Opethian not have an MP if he has having nukes spied away? I assume this was before MP's became an undeletable item?

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1316186403' post='2801575']
Okay, but...how the hell does Opethian not have an MP if he has having nukes spied away? I assume this was before MP's became an undeletable item?
[/quote]
He used to be in the top 5% and got nukes. He later fell out of the top 5 with something like 8 nukes. Someone started spying them quite some time later, so he bought an HNMS to protect the rest. Once he found out who it was that was spying him, he used the rest of them on the guy. That's what started his fall to -1k ns.

[quote name='Aeros' timestamp='1316174828' post='2801506']
If you don't want to be raided, don't be all alone in the wasteland. Its not like this is hard or anything. Personally I think its just an excuse to go nuke rogue. Even then, the best you could hope for is to be a minor irritant of the ultra low tier of an Alliance. Just ask this guy how well his crusade against "the raiders" is going.

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=76684
[/quote]

..considering he's currently raping the guy attacking him? I don't understand your point. King Sin is doing more damage than he is recieving.

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1316155395' post='2801443']
Really? Point me to PPF's protectorate.
[/quote]

I dont think anyone said PPF had a protector.

Still a dumb move, and tasteless to boot.

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1316156845' post='2801447']
Why don't you just check how much money you use in 1 day and divide 3 billion by that?

Eyeballing your nation I would say you spend ~9 million/day (low tech :( ) for full military/buying nukes whatnot. Which is 333 days. Take into account that your bills will deplete as you run outta infra/stuff I would say you could last a good 15 months without going into peacemode and rebuying to 1k infra for nuking purposes.

That's 450 nukes. A minimum of 67,500 infrastructure.
[/quote]

Hah, you beat me to it. I think you are in the right ballpark. It depends to some degree on his tactics, of course. He could burn through it quicker or he could make it last longer, depending on how he chooses to fight, and just how good he is at it.

It should be more than enough to wage an ultimately successful, if long and difficult, war against the attacking AAs.

[quote name='Ironfist' timestamp='1316160689' post='2801461']
Really? People are still doing this to dead AA's? It's really they're own fault by now, surely.
[/quote]
Their

They're means they are and doesn't even almost sound phonetically exchangeable.

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1316164113' post='2801473']
Unless Opethian is gone, PPF isn't dead.
[/quote]

Really? I thought I saw their disbandment awhile back. If not, apologies to PPF...

[quote name='Jens of the desert' timestamp='1316203812' post='2801728']
Their

They're means they are and doesn't even almost sound phonetically exchangeable.
[/quote]

[s]You're[/s] Your right.

Would you like to be tucked in at night, too?

A year, maybe. It depends on your technology level and how many wonders you have. If you have a lot of tech, it won't last as long because you'll be fighting stronger opponents. If you're around 15-20k nation strength once you're down to 1,000 infra your wars might even sustain themselves with looted money if you don't splurge on aircraft when you're fighting nuclear opponents (aircraft become far too expensive for the benefit at that point). On the other hand, if you have almost no tech your NS will drop too much and the wars will be meaningless. Well, I suppose you could always buy aircraft to boost your NS before declaring new wars.

I lasted 2.5 months with 500 million in the Karma war. Fought like 40 different nations. The first 2-3 weeks are the most expensive. Outside of a major war it may be easier, because the opponents at lower NS levels are softer. During a major war there will be others like you that are knocked down in NS while keeping all their wonders.

In any case, you can make the lives of the lower NS nations in your attackers' alliances hell for a long long time.

PS: A moon/mars colony from back when you had lots of infra helps A LOT. It'll nearly double your citizen count (and soldiers) with no NS boost @ 1000 infra.

Edited by Viluin

5/6 for my nukes, not a bad showing if I do say so myself.

These are the enemies that I have been able to spy on so far, one has a pretty decent warchest the other seems to be lacking.

Desired Religion: Judaism
Desired Government: Republic
Threat Level: Severe
Tax Rate: 30%
Number of Spies: 800
Last Nuke Purchase: 9/17/2011 3:10:18 AM
Last Wonder Purchase: 9/9/2011
Total Money: $1,129,236,554
Technology: 4,007.41 Levels
Last Bill Payment: 9/17/2011 12:13:46 AM
Trade Partners: Tamrin23, Nagaraga, Loli Loli Loli, Xchangez
Secret Aid Sent To: None
Total Aircraft: 65
Aircraft Fighter Strength: 576
Aircraft Bomber Strength: 9
Navy Purchases Today: 0
Navy Vessels:

Corvettes: 0
Landing Ships: 0
Battleships: 3
Cruisers: 0
Frigates: 4
Destroyers: 7
Submarines: 6
Aircraft Carriers: 6

Desired Religion: Christianity
Desired Government: Republic
Threat Level: Severe
Tax Rate: 30%
Number of Spies: 800
Last Nuke Purchase: 9/17/2011 12:08:16 AM
Last Wonder Purchase: 8/8/2011
Total Money: $297,090,338
Technology: 4,746.78 Levels
Last Bill Payment: 9/15/2011 12:06:35 AM
Trade Partners: MakinIsland, Penguin Island, Princetonia, ColdNights, Omelas
Secret Aid Sent To: None
Total Aircraft: 105
Aircraft Fighter Strength: 927
Aircraft Bomber Strength: 18
Navy Purchases Today: 5
Navy Vessels:

Corvettes: 8
Landing Ships: 8
Battleships: 8
Cruisers: 7
Frigates: 7
Destroyers: 7
Submarines: 6
Aircraft Carriers: 6

ahhh you are correct. I need to pay attention to the other names of my trade partners. As for WC, who needs a huge one really? You are getting hit hard currently. Sure, once this round is over, you will have more cash but if you wish to continue this beyond round 1 you will have to purchase a ton of infra to get back up in range.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1316303239' post='2802653']
Whatever respect I may have had for Doch's military ability is now completely gone. Not even 300 mil, on a nation carrying full navy. Man.
[/quote]

Yes, because that somehow actually has an impact on how I war in this game.... Yup.... Having a full navy with under 300 mil totally impacts how I push some buttons on a keyboard... Come on Haf, that is just weak.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1316310158' post='2802718']
Yes, because that somehow actually has an impact on how I war in this game.... Yup.... Having a full navy with under 300 mil totally impacts how I push some buttons on a keyboard... Come on Haf, that is just weak.
[/quote]

You make an excellent target for forum readers with malicious intent.

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1316355270' post='2802975']
You make an excellent target for forum readers with malicious intent.
[/quote]

I try. I love watching people start acting like monkeys, flinging their poo around and then sniffing their fingers afterwards. It is quite amusing.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1316310158' post='2802718']
[/quote]
If you were fighting a competent opponent, you would be facing bill-lock after a week.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1316362961' post='2803009']
If you were fighting a competent opponent, you would be facing bill-lock after a week.
[/quote]

Not really. Not even remotely close. Do you even know what you are talking about? I would bet that if this were a different opponent and different circumstances, I would be doing different things. Which means yet again, you have no clue what you are talking about considering you think I would do the same thing across the board... But please continue to act as if you have a clue what I would do in every circumstance.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1316361880' post='2803002']
I try. I love watching people start acting like monkeys, flinging their poo around and then sniffing their fingers afterwards. It is quite amusing.
[/quote]

I think you misinterpreted me, I wasn't talking about being a target on the forum. I'd say you're the ideal rogue target, a low warchest equals long-lasting damage. I wouldn't be very happy if everyone here found out I had a 200 million dollar warchest.

Edited by Viluin

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1316364405' post='2803019']
I think you misinterpreted me, I wasn't talking about being a target on the forum. I'd say you're the ideal rogue target, a low warchest equals long-lasting damage. I wouldn't be very happy if everyone here found out I had a 200 million dollar warchest.
[/quote]

Let them come. I love war and am anxiously awaiting the next one. If people wish to rogue me, they can come and get some.

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1316378762' post='2803177']
Come and get some from you and three of your buddies, you mean. Big words. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

You were the one talking about how I shouldn't be happy because I might get rogued. Yet, when instead I get excited about the prospect, you try and mock me. Keep flinging poo, just keep flinging poo.

Edited by Dochartaigh