La Fin

Sarah Tintagyl

[quote]
[b]To: Nikita Akhatova, Empress of Athens
Subject: Administration[/b]

[i]Your Highness,

It would appear that a wave of destruction and dissolution is sweeping through Europe these days. France as well hangs on the brink of destruction, much as our Sicilian neighbors once did. Various revolutions have swept the country as the military, the population, and other factions have decided to take up arms against the government and their fellow neighbors. France as a country, I regret to speak like this, depends now on Athens for its administration. My power as President is finished and I offer my service to you, Empress Akhatova, as much as I once did to Empress Therese. Help me retake France for its people, for people that desire its true meaning, and once again under the guise of an Empress who wants the best for Europe, for France, for the World.

You have my sword.

Sincerely,

Claire Delacour[/i]
[/quote]

OOC: Claire is now Cent's character to have and to hold for as long as he may ask and France is an Athenian Protectorate. 'Twas fun Europe. Au Revoir.

The moment Nikita opened the letter from France a dark and sad feeling took hold of her. She walked towards a wall and looked up at the map made a year ago.

"The Sicilian League, France. They're both gone."

With a sigh she looked at her aide.

"Issue orders for the First through tenth divisions to move into France from the border. Declare a state of emergency for the French lands and make it clear any kind of resistance to the Hellenic Forces will be responded to with lethal force"

She then took a pen and paper to formulate a response.

[quote]President Delacour,

I have received your request and will fulfill it with pain in my heart. I have ordered Hellenic Forces to secure order in France, one of their primary objectives is to retrieve you and bring you safely to Athens where we will review the situation. Good luck.

Yours sincerely,
N. Akhatova[/quote]

---

And so it happened 100,000 soldiers and 1,000 tanks marched into France from the Italian border. The forces were not expecting serious resistance however they were ready for everything.

This comes as a shock to us in Valencia. We are heavily indebted to France, and hope that it's people will have a smooth transition from the old government. We also wish the Athenian Federation good luck in maintaining order over the region, however we know they will not need it.

"France is over...?" Martens spoke with dissapointment and sadness. "Oh well."

In spite of all, Berlin had banked quite a bit on a strong France to eventually be its ally, or at least neutral and stable. It wanted no power vacuum, but in the end, it had happened. While some in the general public were glad to see France no longer being a threat, many knew better. As such, Berlin ordered the Franco-German Brigade - now in charge of Berlin alone - to move to secure the area of Elsass-Lothringen granted to France after the war had been over. It was their mission to protect it, furthermore, Berlin seemed to feel entitled to it. And after having heard rumors of new-burgundian tendencies in the area, the Triumvirate was not going to let them have any ways of returning to action.

In the first few hours, military depots at the area were confiscated and a small Burgundian terrorist group armed with firearms and explosives were seen attacking the local Government building. The first fight for the Franco-German brigade would be a long one, as it'd end up becoming a hostage situation which would end six hour laters, breaking in forcefully when negotiations failed and a hostage was killed.

Above all, Berlin desired to avoid Anarchy in the West. Therefore, they offered assistance to Athens, but unlike the formerly-German territory, they didn't outright move into what they considered to be France proper, not without Athen's request for assistance, if they would need any at all.

Private:

"Your highness, it appears France's government has collapsed... but the worst thing is the American Imperialist loving Athenian !@#$%^&* are now in control of the French territory."

"Mobilize two carrier battlegroups - I want them on alert and ready to leave at a moments notice for the foreseeable future. The Athenians are over stretched, so if they try another move like they did with the J. Andreans will not be nice, we'll wipe them from Western Europe."

"Yes your majesty, it will be done at once."

Orders for two carrier battlegroups stationed in Wales were sent out and the fleet was prepared - it was estimated to take a week for the carrier battlegroups to be organized and ready

Public:

Ireland feels for the French people's loss. The collapse of such a stable government is tragic.

"The fall of another nation, a nation that showed such promise in rejuvenating itself from the embers of war, it is indeed an ill portent for the state of the world. Though we are glad that Athenian Federation stepped in to maintain law, order and stability, the loss of France as a sovereign national entity is indeed a great loss to world politics. Though the Kingdom of Cochin and France had been in a shooting war recently, even during then the honor due in a battlefield was shown by either sides. It is indeed the demise of such a honorable nation that grieves us more."

- His Highness Kerala Varma,
The King of Cochin.

With organized forces in sight most factions in France were quick to surrender, within a day the Hellenic Army had taken most of the South, by the end of the week the forced had reach the Wallonian and German borders. Now it was time to take a less obvious approach.

---

[quote][center][img]http://data.treksimming.com/athenian-federation/iannouncement.png[/img][/center]

It is with great sadness that Athens accepts the responsibility to protect the French lands, it is with great sadness that we see the fall of a friend. However it pleases us to announce that today we have reached the conclusion that no further show of military force is needed. The Hellenic Army has managed to restore order throughout the nation and as we speak is busy handing over military control back to French nationals. In line with this I declare the former French president to be the Viceroy of the French protectorate and put 5,000 Thracians under her command to train the local forces in protecting their own sovereignty.

To the French people, Athens has no desire for expansion, your sovereignty shall be secure and we will make sure noone else manages to touch you either.[/quote]

---

As promised in the announcement the armies send into France before were pulled back with 5,000 Thracians establishing a base in central France to oversee the security of the protectorate.

---

[quote]To the German government,

We appreciate your offer for help however it is the desire of Athens to leave the French in control mostly themselves. To achieve this we have lowered our numbers in France and preserved the organization of the former Republic. We believe having any kind of longterm large force in the region will only prove to be a mistake in the end. Again your offer is appreciated however we only see help needed should a foreign force decide to occupy the area.

Yours sincerely,
Jean-Luc Picard,
Magistrate of Foreign Affairs[/quote]

**Private**

The Emperor sat in silence when he saw the news, a low laugh starting, building, and then bursting out into a near-hysterical cackle that shook the very walls in the Emperor's Chambers. "I told you Claire, I told you. This is, without a doubt, karma. Your nation collapses because you couldn't hold it together. I would have offered to help you, but now I just laugh and spit on the grave of your former nation. You have failed, Claire, oh how you have failed."

There would be no public statement from the Empire.

*Private*

Upon receiving news of the demise of France, the Kaiser sat in his chair and wept, mourning the loss of such an important power in Europe. Erwin Rommel, the highest ranking commander in the Heer (or Army) asked him "You okay, mein Kaiser?"

"Ja" the weeping Monarch stated "I am fine"

"Okay..." the Field Marshall stated before walking off

*Public*

The Reich is saddened by France's downfall, and the Kaiser weeps (literally) for the loss of such an important European power. We wish the Athenians luck in ensuring stability in peace in this once great nation.

*Public*
Nunavut is very disheartened over the loss of France. We wish the former citizens the best of luck.

*Classified to Athens*
[quote]To the Athenian Governement.

With the fall of France, their colony on our border has also fallen into Anarchy. With your permission we could stabilise the area on your behalf, saving you the trouble of having to cross the Atlantic.

-Eva Aariak

President of Nunavut[/quote]

[quote]Classified to Athens

To whom it concerns, the French Colony on Wales Island is falling into anarchy. There is a TRICELL facility on the Island with a contingient of armed guards, with your permission I would like to administer the Island and stabilise the Island. Secondly, anything in regards to Wales Island would be directed by Athens in Private. North America wont tolerate a European Power holding land on their continant for much longer.

The TRICELL garrison at the facility numbers 5000 men.

Sincerley
Alice Wesker.
Tricell International[/quote]

Edited by Zoot Zoot