Treaty Reactivations

Sargun II

Treaties to be carried over

With the support of Legislature behind him, King Sargun has decreed that as both the successor state to the Old Republic and the successor state to Carthage and the successor state to the political state of Artemis, all treaties with former nations will automatically be resigned. This includes treaties that were not canceled by the Old Republic - including but not limited to agreements with nations such as the Holy Imperium of Man and the Phoenix Empire (who are now merged), a one-sided defense clause with the Hansa (now Australia), and an MDP with the Holy Roman Empire (now GDR).

Any other nations that once had treaties with the Old Republic, Artemis or Carthage can consider them to be in effect once more.

//OOC: I felt this important enough to make a thread instead of stick in with the rest of the news.

"That's a lot of entities to consider yourself a successor to...and of course any treaty partners will have to agree for these to carry over."

OOC: SAAARGUNNNNN!!!!

OOC: SAAAAARRRRGUNNNNN!!! *shakes fist*

lol, couldnt resist :P

IC:

"Huh, that's quite a bit of treaties you got there."

OOC: SAAAAARRRRGUNNNNN!!! *shakes fist*

lol, couldnt resist :P

IC:

"Huh, that's quite a bit of treaties you got there."

OOC: I'm the treaty Archivist. I have a right to be a little upset. You have no justification... :P

IC: "More work for those who record these things. Looks like the archivists are going to be working overtime."

~Exerpt from a political commentary show

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

OOC: I remember we were going to sign an MDP when you gave me the land, however don't know if that ever happened xD

So do we have one? :ph34r:

IC: Valencia takes note of this.

EDIT: Added IC

Edited by maicke

OOC: SKW, we all do. If I remember right, his treaty web made untangling spaghetti blindfolded seem easy. There were times I thought he should be tied up and put in a boat on a river full of Asian Carp.

IC: Taeunas FA officials made a collective facepalm.

Thankfully, as Takeo facepalmed, a tiny voice in his head explained it all to him. The nation had not been reformed at all until now, but with an official name change all pacts signed under that change would essentially be void - and with the arrest of the King several years ago and reinstatement, now all of his former treaties that still had a signature were back to being legitimate since he was in power.

Of course, since he is an idiot the tiny voice would go ignored.

OOC: DeSchaine, I actually didn't have that many treaties. Quite a few of them were NAPs, mind you.

Thankfully, as Takeo facepalmed, a tiny voice in his head explained it all to him. The nation had not been reformed at all until now, but with an official name change all pacts signed under that change would essentially be void - and with the arrest of the King several years ago and reinstatement, now all of his former treaties that still had a signature were back to being legitimate since he was in power.

Of course, since he is an idiot the tiny voice would go ignored.

OOC: DeSchaine, I actually didn't have that many treaties. Quite a few of them were NAPs, mind you.

A tiny, insignificant talking fly was hovering by his ear, whispering into it. He swatted it away, and continued to enjoy his orange soda.

"Our Hanseatic representatives, especially Lady Tintagyl, thank the Republic's continuation of these treaties. When the pact between the Commonwealth was signed in the past, our nation for lack of a better term was small, weak, and nimble. Since that time, Hanseatic strength has grown to a considerable degree along with the new power that Australia possesses in itself. As such, consider the mutual defense pact double sided, while a world away, Australian people and African people can celebrate knowing that the best of friends lay on continents worlds apart."

-HRH Hannah Asgeirsson