The USSR declares war on NDO

I may be wrong but were you guys basically asking part of your peace agreement to have rights to kill the initial raiders?

Well what option are you going to take if this is you in that position. Do you let them get a cheap shot in and not retaliate? That opens up a sticky door for the rest of the time here, screams easy raids if you don't make an example of the raiders.

I may be wrong but were you guys basically asking part of your peace agreement to have rights to kill the initial raiders?

When an alliance is damaged by actions of your members, it's your responsibility to make it right by your aggrieved party. In this case, what we asked was fair. One simple round of wars with the raiders. We wouldn't have used naval blockades or dirty spy ops just some clean war to make it right by us that we were raided. Authorized or not, we were raided. If someone from my alliance had raided you, and I told you "It wasn't authorized, so suck it up." Would you be okay with that? I highly doubt it.

I don't think what he asked for falls under the definition of "Kill".

But what does one define one simple round of wars? 3 vs 1? Or 1 vs 1. I've always been about evening the playing field after a raid offers. Obviously you can't get off free of charge.

Well i assume different leaders have different styles. I know for a fact a Citadel tradition if someone raids us we pile onto them for a round of wars. Stops them doing it again and makes others think twice before trying it.

Defcon 1 and the alliance also raided STC how come your not attacking the nations who did that

Because, we reached a diplomatic solution with them.  You guys decided instead of diplomacy, you wanted war.

Because, we reached a diplomatic solution with them.  You guys decided instead of diplomacy, you wanted war.

I highly doubt you would have kept that raider on the stings like you did with ussr.

Let's not pretend that you aren't gaining cheap xp

The way busy programmer has been posting sounds like he just didn't agree with your peace terms you made him and didn't think he had any other choice

The terms were pretty simple; the individual raiders would face a round of war (which, they started) while the remainder of USSR would be untouched.  It's difficult to see how someone could look at two miscreants being crushed, and see having 10 people punished rather than those two, but that was his call to make.  You simply can't spin this into the USSR being the victim no matter how hard you try; they've been the aggressor from the beginning.

I was not a part of this as sadly I have been busy and neglected USSR for the most part but will join the fight asap as I need trades and to change to brown tomorrow etc... :war:

hey bud pay me a visit before this ends … my card is full but i have defenses slots waiting :) 

http://tournament.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=1000166

But what does one define one simple round of wars? 3 vs 1? Or 1 vs 1. I've always been about evening the playing field after a raid offers. Obviously you can't get off free of charge.

I think you answered your own question here, one would define it as "whatever it takes to even the playing field".

The terms were pretty simple; the individual raiders would face a round of war (which, they started) while the remainder of USSR would be untouched.  It's difficult to see how someone could look at two miscreants being crushed, and see having 10 people punished rather than those two, but that was his call to make.  You simply can't spin this into the USSR being the victim no matter how hard you try; they've been the aggressor from the beginning.

The fact is that another nation raided your protectorate and you did nothing about it because you didnt want to get rolled by defcon 1- but when ussr raids and you attempt to hold them at war and they retaliate and hades flames throws a fit saying dirty spy ops are okay- it shows a double standard.

The worse part is that I like hades flames and NDO, we even shared Krabz together last round- and yet I cant agree with these actions (not the actions- I don't care about that, just your justification). Just state it for what it is, you saw an opportunity for cheap xp. I wouldn't attempt to justify it as a higher calling because it's not.

TL:DR 2 AAs did the same thing, you let one go and took advantage of a weaker one. You guys are hypocrites Edited by Lord Hitchcock

The fact is that another nation raided your protectorate and you did nothing about it because you didnt want to get rolled by defcon 1- but when ussr raids and you attempt to hold them at war and they retaliate and hades flames throws a fit saying dirty spy ops are okay- it shows a double standard.

The worse part is that I like hades flames and NDO, we even shared Krabz together last round- and yet I cant agree with these actions (not the actions- I don't care about that, just your justification). Just state it for what it is, you saw an opportunity for cheap xp. I wouldn't attempt to justify it as a higher calling because it's not.

TL:DR 2 AAs did the same thing, you let one go and took advantage of a weaker one. You guys are hypocrites

We didn't declare war on USSR, dude.  They declared war on us.  Was it a poor strategic decision on their part?  Absolutely, but it was their decision to make.  When all of a sudden there's a DoW thread (aka this one, which you seem to keep forgetting the title of) and several wars declared on NDO, that constitutes war.  Roguing is roguing and we attempted to treat them as simple rogues, keeping the rest of them out of it, but they opted for this.  This whole incident could have ended with no one at war, but USSR decided they wanted one.  And that makes us hypocrites how?  If D1 had declared on us, you bet your ass we'd be fighting them.

Edited by Nick GhostWolf

Yes, and they declared because you wNted to keep the initial Raiders on the ropes. They had no choice but retaliate.

Had you if kept defcon1 on the ropes, they would have done the same thing as ussr did

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

Yes, and they declared because you wNted to keep the initial Raiders on the ropes

Those initial raiders could've been targetted by NDO as a whole immediately but we didn't attack them because we wanted a diplomatic resolution.  My personal response to the matter was to provide instructions and war advice to our STC brothers being raided.  The USSR guys were in my range - if we were really "going for easy XP" as you claim the war would've started a day earlier and we would have posted the declaration.  Had that actually happened, your claims would be valid - but it didn't.  The situation was discussed and we opted towards a diplomatic resolution with all parties.  We were willing to peace the USSR guys (their raids had already backfired) but they chose to abort negotiations halfway through and attack us.

And, if some rogues hit your alliance, don't pretend like your response would be much different.  Rogues get rolled, that's how it is and how it's always been in TE.  I've personally rolled rogues, and in my tenure as Sultan I've had to throw one NDO guy overboard for going off rogue - meaning that guy got hit for the roguery rather than the whole alliance going to war.  Defcon 1 and The Alliance both negotiated peace.  USSR had the same opportunity.  Could've had the same outcome too.  They chose otherwise.

Those initial raiders could've been targetted by NDO as a whole immediately but we didn't attack them because we wanted a diplomatic resolution.  My personal response to the matter was to provide instructions and war advice to our STC brothers being raided.  The USSR guys were in my range - if we were really "going for easy XP" as you claim the war would've started a day earlier and we would have posted the declaration.  Had that actually happened, your claims would be valid - but it didn't.  The situation was discussed and we opted towards a diplomatic resolution with all parties.  We were willing to peace the USSR guys (their raids had already backfired) but they chose to abort negotiations halfway through and attack us.

And, if some rogues hit your alliance, don't pretend like your response would be much different.  Rogues get rolled, that's how it is and how it's always been in TE.  I've personally rolled rogues, and in my tenure as Sultan I've had to throw one NDO guy overboard for going off rogue - meaning that guy got hit for the roguery rather than the whole alliance going to war.  Defcon 1 and The Alliance both negotiated peace.  USSR had the same opportunity.  Could've had the same outcome too.  They chose otherwise.

This is actually a good response. Have fun out there.

This is actually a good response. Have fun out there.

We will :)  Always been a fan of war in TE no matter what the cause.  That's why I never complain about war.  More casualties?  Sure!