Synergy/RE announcement

rol20kid

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check the time. Can I assume this is a declaration of defeat from RE about 3 minutes after declaring war?

To: winston smith From: kleemm Date: 3/8/2011 12:03:12 AM

Subject: Peace Offer
Message: A peace offer has been submitted by kleemm for the following reason: Cessation of Hostilities

As soon as both nations accept peace the war will end. If either nation attacks one another this peace offer will be automatically canceled.

[quote name='Old Major' timestamp='1299564331' post='2656390']
Check the time. Can I assume this is a declaration of defeat from RE about 3 minutes after declaring war?

To: winston smith From: kleemm Date: 3/8/2011 12:03:12 AM

Subject: Peace Offer
Message: A peace offer has been submitted by kleemm for the following reason: Cessation of Hostilities

As soon as both nations accept peace the war will end. If either nation attacks one another this peace offer will be automatically canceled.
[/quote]

1000849|kleemm|Sealand|12/17/2010 2:23:54 PM|Pork Shrimp|12/18/2010 2:32:26 PM|Monarchy|Judaism|Black|12/18/2010 2:23:54 PM|0.00|1.00|8.200|War Mode|Iron|Lumber|0|3.000|5|0|0|0|0|0|1|0|

we weren't the ones that trained him :rolleyes:

[quote name='Mark8240' timestamp='1299565040' post='2656409']
Food for thought

Synergy/RE = 109 Nations, 505K NS, 118 Nukes
PS/OP = 88 Nations, 409K NS, 22 Nukes

Anyway... sounds like fun
[/quote]

[00:29] <~ADude[NPO]> us
[00:29] <~ADude[NPO]> 109
[00:29] <~ADude[NPO]> 488k
[00:29] <~ADude[NPO]> 4.4K
[00:29] <~ADude[NPO]> them
[00:29] <~ADude[NPO]> 97
[00:29] <~ADude[NPO]> 420K
[00:29] <~ADude[NPO]> 4.3K
[00:29] <~ADude[NPO]> they are some of the best fighters in TE though

i didn't have the nuke count but..yea i'm sure we take the advantage there.

Along with Avg NS, total NS, timing re: past wars and timing re: blitz opportunity.

But that's all cool because you guys suck, right?

Did I miss anything?

Edited by Old Major

[quote name='ADude' timestamp='1299565286' post='2656415']
[00:29] <~ADude[NPO]> us
[00:29] <~ADude[NPO]> 109
[00:29] <~ADude[NPO]> 488k
[00:29] <~ADude[NPO]> 4.4K
[00:29] <~ADude[NPO]> them
[00:29] <~ADude[NPO]> 97
[00:29] <~ADude[NPO]> 420K
[00:29] <~ADude[NPO]> 4.3K
[00:29] <~ADude[NPO]> they are some of the best fighters in TE though

i didn't have the nuke count but..yea i'm sure we take the advantage there.
[/quote]
Pretty cool, irrespective of outcome. We get +NS, +Nation Count, +100 Nook handicaps and you wait for everyone to war whilst you ride the bench all because you think you aren't any good.

Hah.

[quote name='Old Major' timestamp='1299565545' post='2656423']
Along with Avg NS, total NS, timing re: past wars and timing re: blitz opportunity.

But that's all cool because you guys suck, right?

Did I miss anything?
[/quote]
Looks like i hit a nerve..

Did this hurt your feelings? i'm sorry, do you need a tissue?

Edited by ADude

[quote name='ADude' timestamp='1299565755' post='2656426']
Looks like i hit a nerve..

Did this hurt your feelings? i'm sorry, do you need a tissue?
[/quote]

Nope, no tissues needed. Just making sure I understand how you're justifying yourself. So did I miss anything? Or was it just because you guys suck? Those stats and reasoning were your own irc log dump...

Edited by Old Major

Now now, let them have their moment.

Because you can try to start a cop out war, but not on even a damaged PS! You guys picked the wrong carcasses :ph34r:

And I realize you plan on just falling back on your nukes, but can you guys please get in some ground attacks and stuff? So far so bad. My guy declared on me, I hit HIM twice on the ground, then he tried once and failed.

Edited by Miklo

[quote name='Miklo' timestamp='1299566014' post='2656432']

Because you can try to start a cop out war, but not on even a damaged PS! You guys picked the wrong carcasses :ph34r:

And I realize you plan on just falling back on your nukes, but can you guys please get in some ground attacks and stuff? So far so bad. My guy declared on me, I hit HIM twice on the ground, then he tried once and failed.
[/quote]

Wait, you're under the impression they got into this war to win with actual skill?

How many TE rounds have you played Mik? Cause I missed two and I don't seem to have missed any changes in RE's workings. Synergy is new to me though. So benefit of the doubt that they don't realize how this looks.

[quote name='Awesome Dog' timestamp='1299565734' post='2656425']
Pretty cool, irrespective of outcome. We get +NS, +Nation Count, +100 Nook handicaps and you wait for everyone to war whilst you ride the bench all because you think you aren't any good.

Hah.
[/quote]
Trust me, we weren't "riding the bench", we wanted to go in a lot sooner but unfortunately we cannot control who OP declares on.

[quote name='Cellardoor' timestamp='1299566578' post='2656439']
Wait, you're under the impression they got into this war to win with actual skill?

How many TE rounds have you played Mik? Cause I missed two and I don't seem to have missed any changes in RE's workings. Synergy is new to me though. So benefit of the doubt that they don't realize how this looks.
[/quote]

Not totally true, we have changed quite a bit from the Tibs era, will we ever be a "boys club" no probably not but we have changed for the better and i can get you quotes from "enemies" that attest to that.

[quote name='Cellardoor' timestamp='1299566578' post='2656439']

[/quote]

Fair points. I should have put more stress on the "planning on falling back on their nukes" part. Because, you know, sitting around not having any wars until you can find 2 sufficiently underpowered targets doesn't scream "ground attacks"

[quote name='Miklo' timestamp='1299566014' post='2656432']

[/quote]

It happens, ground attacks sometimes fail, everyone that plays TE can back me up on that.

[quote name='ADude' timestamp='1299566824' post='2656449']
It happens, ground attacks sometimes fail, everyone that plays TE can back me up on that.
[/quote]

Tell him to try his hand at a second then. He does know there are 2 per day?

[quote name='ADude' timestamp='1299566605' post='2656440']
Trust me, we weren't "riding the bench", we wanted to go in a lot sooner but unfortunately we cannot control who OP declares on.
[/quote]

Again, thanks for the laughs. Funny that's the only part of my post you want to contest.

[quote name='ADude' timestamp='1299566824' post='2656449']
[/quote]

They can't fail if you don't use them.

And find me a respectable opponent that has any fear of you guys whatsoever. I'd be surprised. I could be wrong though since, as you mentioned, you're in a new era. And as I mentioned, I wasn't around a few rounds. This smacks of old school RE though. You go in on two alliances that are fresh off wars, one literally hasn't even put out the fires yet, and you maintain an advantage is just about every statistical category. You'd think you would at least recognize that and declare on enough people to make it "look" fair by the numbers.

[quote name='ADude' timestamp='1299566605' post='2656440']
[/quote]

"A lot sooner"?

As I said in the other thread, this is likely the cheapest DoW I have ever seen in my 2 years playing TE. Down declaring on two alliances that heve just come off of tough, fair and well fought wars.

So let me understand this, you "cannot control who OP declares on" so you just wait to declare on anyone until after OP and PS came out of war, all the while never warring, and down declare. It must have been really hard "riding the bench" for this to fall in your lap.

Well, it looks like there are a couple of alliances whose fate for the next 6 weeks has been determined. And yes, your fate has been determined. If you do not believe that, ask LE or TPC or RD or etc. They are all great warriors. You are not. You are cowards.

I doubt you understand what you have done and how you have determined your fate between now and [i]Next Reset: 4/20/2011 [/i].

Edited by Thomasj_tx

well, just to be fair- about the nuke thing- I think any attacking alliance would have a nuke advantage, coz with the new system, so many nations could buy nukes easily. It's just that, since they're economically costly, only alliances that know they're going to war will want a lot of them- in this case, RE. So that wasn't something RE saw and said, "oh, let's attack coz we even have a nuke advantage!" It was probably more like, "Since we're planning to attack, let's... make a nuke advantage as well" --> that's not dirty or unfair; that's jut planning.