I want to bulit ths alliance with you

euroboy

I am very pleased to invite you, to my new alliance. It is colled the Commonwealth of Nations. This is an political and economical alliance. As well as you know your nations will grow and will be protected if you join a alliance.
I will ofer protection and managment posts to the alliance
visit http://cofn.freeforum.me.uk/forum.htm

I want to built together this alliance with new members.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone raid him. Look, we can spend hours trying to politely explain to him that this is a a horrible idea (OOC: and in the wrong forum) or a nice quick quad strike will get the point across in short order.

Edited by CRex of Gulo Gulo

[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showforum=24"]Recruitment goes here.[/url]

I'd really just save yourself the eventually heartbreak of the raiding and join an alliance for awhile and learn the rules of Bob. You have no charter, no flag none of the standards of a legitimate alliance. All you have is one nation and a 108 technology that you're about to lose.

[quote name='euroboy' timestamp='1287610918' post='2488970']
isn't this the ALLIANCE announcments forum??? where i can invite others to join my alliance
[/quote]

No, it's not.

Edited by Burnsey

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=421719

I'm just gonna make this easy. GOONS that is this guys nation link. Go to town. New guy sorry but it had to be done.

Guys, there's no need to be nasty. There's a reason this planet is going quiet, we need more members who are prepared to go out and do something... not less!

o/ The CoN!

But you probably should join an alliance for a while and learn the basics of the game. But nonetheless good luck!

[quote name='Venser' timestamp='1287612370' post='2488991']
Is this how you people treat all newcomers?
[/quote]
just the ones who have basically slathered themselves in hot sauce and walked into the Lion's den. That tech to infra ratio that Euroboy is running just screams raid me. Natural selection is a cruel but harsh mistress.

[quote name='CRex of Gulo Gulo' timestamp='1287612605' post='2488996']
just the ones who have basically slathered themselves in hot sauce and walked into the Lion's den. That tech to infra ratio that Euroboy is running just screams raid me. Natural selection is a cruel but harsh mistress.
[/quote]
So instead of getting sincere attempts at help they are chastised and threatened. Interesting approach.

[quote name='Venser' timestamp='1287612572' post='2488994']
Lovely, that must produce a super pleasant community...
[/quote]

Planet Bob is not particularly nice to those who do not show knowledge of the community. You will find friends are nice to friends - such is the way of humankind. OWF is not really the place for those without a thick skin no matter how long you have been around. Most people aren't involved with OWF and those who do post on here will tear those to shreds so best to have a thick skin when posting here.

That being said - it is better to gain experience first and find the ways of this world before building an alliance. You have to make friendships in order to have more people join you, recruiting is difficult but that is the only way to gain members on this place. Alliances can be successful and rewarding, depends on what type of community you want to build, what your politics intend to be and difficult to build. It takes much time and effort and in the end, many do end up failing but what is a success varies from person to person.

[quote name='Salmia' timestamp='1287612916' post='2489001']
Planet Bob is not particularly nice to those who do not show knowledge of the community.
[/quote]
I guess that's the part that gets me. Why would you "not be nice" to people who are unfamiliar with the way things work as opposed to being friendly and educating them?

[quote name='Venser' timestamp='1287614019' post='2489029']
I guess that's the part that gets me. Why would you "not be nice" to people who are unfamiliar with the way things work as opposed to being friendly and educating them?
[/quote]

And then wonder why the population of this world has been cut in half in the last three or four years.

[quote name='Venser' timestamp='1287614019' post='2489029']
[/quote]
It's easier to run newbies off the planet, then blame raiders for the decline in nations.

[quote name='Fyfe XIV' timestamp='1287614552' post='2489036']
I mean, if I could understand what he was trying to say then maybe I'd be more inclined to help.
[/quote]
His spelling and grammar may not have been the best but if you truly could not understand what he was trying to say you must have serious issues with reading comprehension.